Naming policy and ingame chat moderation.

• the fuck you mean the kids? Go watch some videos of lil 7 year olds talking about "I fucked your mom last night" on their xboxs and shit. Like anyone that plays this game is so damn young they gonna be scarred for life over someone named "blowjob"

wow how old are you? because you don't act like a "grownup person" jizzing on other peoples comments and talking shit

• @Kamekameman are you a cancer patient who has never received a blowjob?
    If not how exactly do those names "offend" you?

well my mother died of colon cancer back in 2010,so yeah i find it highly offensive and even if my mother wouldnt have suffered that i would feel the same,and as for the

part i just dont think its something that should be in the game,dont forget kids also play this so words like that really have no place here,its just an example of the current plague of gamers with zero imagination (its really not that hard to come up with an original name) and a lack of good taste...

Can I ask this? Because it had the name trunks in it shouldn't be allowed? They can call them self Goku, trunk , any anime character as long as they don't put something rude in it :P

problem is that it breaks inmersion,and im not the only one to think like this,look at most mmos that operate a well known IP,in sto you cant name a character spock or kirk,in wow you cant name a character arthas,in lotr you cant name your hunter legolas and the list goes on and on.

• I must say i have never noticed that because in swtor my name had skywalker in it and nothing happend same with lotr i had a movie char name as my ign and nothing happend at all.

i really doubt that but hey maybe you got thru a loophole or nobody bothered to report you because they do have strong enforcement of their naming policies.

been a long time since i played lotro but i do remember someone that named his characters legolas,wasnt pretty the ridicule he went thru...actually a poor choice of a name for a character since all those are in the game,as i said it just breaks inmersion.

this anyway is just my opinion,the naming thing beh if it gets done or not is not a big issue,however the chat moderation is,if they let it run rampant it will become a problem.

• Although I agree with banning names that involve any kind of insult or discrimination such as NiggerHunter, GasChamber or ScrewYou, I wouldn't prevent someone from naming his/her character as a DB character as that doesn't harm anyone. If they want to name their characters MrPopo, GOKUSSJ312 or TaoPewPew is up to them.

About naming your character with the name of a historical character, well it'd be sort of hard to determine which is correct and which is incorrect. Hitler? mmh ok, we all agree that he was a genocidal. But... It'd be forbiden to name your characters Stalin, MaoZedong or KimJonUn? It'd be allowed to call them Caligula, Cesar or GeorgeBush? What if you use their name in a humoristic way such as Estalino, LMAOzedong or Hitlerious?

• well my mother died of colon cancer back in 2010,so yeah i find it highly offensive and even if my mother wouldnt have suffered that i would feel the same,and as for the

part i just dont think its something that should be in the game,dont forget kids also play this so words like that really have no place here,its just an example of the current plague of gamers with zero imagination (its really not that hard to come up with an original name) and a lack of good taste...

problem is that it breaks inmersion,and im not the only one to think like this,look at most mmos that operate a well known IP,in sto you cant name a character spock or kirk,in wow you cant name a character arthas,in lotr you cant name your hunter legolas and the list goes on and on.

And My Mother died from Pulmonary Embolism in 2015. If I see someone in game named "Pulmonary Embolism" I will go to him and say "hell Yeah for Pulmonary Embolisms!"

now im done posting here.

• And My Mother died from Pulmonary Embolism in 2015. If I see someone in game named "Pulmonary Embolism" I will go to him and say "hell Yeah for Pulmonary Embolisms!"

And My Mother died from Pulmonary Embolism in 2015. If I see someone in game named "Pulmonary Embolism" I will go to him and say "hell Yeah for Pulmonary Embolisms!"

thank you,you are doing all of us a favour.

not that i want you to stop posting your opinion but i do have a problem with the way you post,when you learn to post without insulting other posters and not use foul language you are free to come back,until then one more outburst and im going to have to report you,want to keep this topic clean for people that DO know how to express their opinion like civil human beings...

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!