Revive Invincibility

• Hey everyone.

Just ran into this:

When you die, and choose to revive at the same spot consuming a item in the process... you are still perfectly targetable. That means when you revive, the next NPC will simply get alarmed again and attack you right away. Since you revive with nearly no hp you will die again immediately and keep repeating this process untill you return to your last popo stone.

That's quiet unfortunate. Most other games solve that by keeping you hidden from enemies for a few seconds after revival so that you can get to safety in time to recover first.

I think we should have something like that as well.

EDIT: If that is too hard to do coding wise, maybe just raise with how much HP you revive so that you can actually survive for more than a second after reviving.

EDIT 2: Since a lot of people don't seem to bother to even reading past the very first post before giving their redundant opinion: Of course dealing any damage while invincible will immediately cancel the invincibility so it can not be abused.

• if you mean the mobs attacking you even after laying on the ground having 0 lp thats a bug and it doesnt always happen but if u mean the mobs attacking you right after you respawn well i suggest you keep some lp pot (which you probably already have,a good one preferably) in a row that you can press a button on your keyboard to activate it like F10,F9 etc(the buttons are written on the boxes) so what should you do is spamming that button lets say F10 then click with your mouse you will probably gain lp before any mob lands a punch on you

and if the mobs keep attacking you like i said in my first sentence try spamming button R on your keyboard then use your mouse thus you will guard then use lp pot while guarding

being invincible for few seconds is nice too

• For me i have the problem that when i revive, untill the animation finishes i'm stunned. In that time i cannot use a potion. And that time is more than enough for near mobs to attack and kill me again right away.

Just making you invincible for like, 5 seconds after respawn would solve all problems. Of course the invincibility should stop if you attack someone. Otherwise people could abuse beeing invincible even if just for a few seconds.

But give us enough time to at least heal up or get out of the danger zone. I for my part usually cannot heal up before i die again. Might be because of lag, but oftentimes, i die again before my potion works.

• Well really no need since mostly thx to pets that revives you, you are really fine lol.
    Plus there are auto pots, potions, senzu... A lot of way to keep you alive.
    Plus if this be added I bet it will be abused as hell in Party PVP and Dojo wars. xD

• To be honest i don't understand what you are saying. Unless you didn't even bother to read anything but the very first post and ignored everything after that. In which case i understand because then you only have a fraction of the information. Please don't do that.

To me your post consists of 3 parts.

1. Pets can revive you. That may be for cash shop players. But even though, the problem persists. You are revived and immediately die again. The source of revival doesn't matter here. You get revived, you die without a chance of doing anything. That's not well balanced.

2. Just don't die. That's probably the most retarded answer anyone could have given. A problem is not solved by simply ignoring it. If revival is broken then that's a problem. Sources of not dying like potions do not matter in this discussion. You die, you get back up, you die immediately without chance to heal up = problem. "Just don't die" is not a solution to this problem.

3. Your actual problem(and it's really obvious you just made the others up quickly to hide that): You only play PVP and don't want to have the threat of people able to plan ahead for a fight. If someone gets revived you want to attack him once and kill him again in PVP. There is no way to abuse this as, just as i already said, when you attack something the invincibility should be turned off again. It#s supposed to make you able to heal up, not go on rampage. Stay out of combat = you get time to heal up. Enter combat= your own fault. There could be exceptions for PVP too.

So to sum it up: 3 bullshit arguments, none of which have any merit to this discussion. Also, please: Don't use lol in a proper discussion. That just immediately disqualifies you from any constructive part in this discussion.

• Just making you invincible for like, 5 seconds after respawn would solve all problems. Of course the invincibility should stop if you attack someone. Otherwise people could abuse being invincible even if just for a few seconds.

Ah I've played a game that did that before, it also put your character into stealth for several seconds. Not sure if other players could see it or not though, but I know the mobs definitely couldn't. You could easily get away to a safe spot to heal up.

Being invincible for a few seconds in DBO might work as long as you can dash :P

• Ah I've played a game that did that before, it also put your character into stealth for several seconds. Not sure if other players could see it or not though, but I know the mobs definitely couldn't. You could easily get away to a safe spot to heal up.
    Being invincible for a few seconds in DBO might work as long as you can dash :P

Yeah. Star Wars The Old Reoublic did that. It made you go invisible for 10 seconds so you could get away. If you attacked the stealth was automatically taken away.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!