My take on why DBOG is not P2W

• Why wouldn't he?
    People are giving money to get a shortcut or just a cosmetic! If that's what they want, than it isn't P2W honestly!
    If they pay cash to get White Stones, then they aren't ready to waste 5 hours to get 2-3 of them by farming.
    If they pay for a dogi, then they aren't winning anything but better looks.
    Unless there is a certain gear or upgrade stone inaccessible by any means other than Cash, than I wont look at the game as P2W.
    If Daneos is making money, well then, good for him, and for us as well:
    For him because he is making riches (which is what he should be doing)
    For us because Daneos will be able to live off of making such a game and wont quit on us :)

I totally know where you are coming from, but this is good for everyone honestly. If people have enough money and are totally willing to pay to get such a thing that can be obtained by patience, then they will pay because they want to, not because they want to win. I want to win, I did win a lot back in TW but I still never paid a DIME. I got my dogis from my friends for little to no zeni,I got my dogis from shops for a load of Zeni, I got my stones from a hell a lot of farming, and I got my gear from UDs!~

• On Official i going to spend 1000$.

For 500$ i going to buy many dogis or wagu coins to win dogi, i dont know how it would look in official.
    I going to sell these dogi for zenni and buy best 70 level gear for my class and color Stones .

For the rest 500$ i going to hit my gear +13-15 with white stones from CS maybe . I'll get 70 level in 4-5 days.

See You on first budokai tournament

I agree with You, Its not p2w its really fair :)
    But before players that wont cash or can buy only few items to suport Daneos, will need to farm few weeks, months to get gear like me.

PS: That's why official DBO died ^ second reason are rarely updates.

• On Official i going to spend 1000$. For 500$ i going to buy many dogis or wagu i dont know how it would look in official.
    I going to sell these dogi for zenni and buy best 70 level gear for my class and color Stones . For the rest 500$ i going to hit my gear +13-15 with white stones from CS maybe . I'll get 70 level in 4-5 days.

See You on first budokai tournament

I agree with You, Its not p2w its really fair :)
    But before players that wont cash or can buy only few items to suport Daneos, he will need to farm few weeks, months to get gear like me.

actually, even seeing it this way is not p2w xD
    With all due respect, but you put your self in the cycle of a video game again.
    This is still not P2W :) You are paying a LOAD of money to get what people can get in a LOAD of time

ANYWAY! I feel a bit toxic to you and that is the last thing I want to be doing :)
    We are starting an argument that neither of us can actually win because are minds are just blinded by the side of the conversation that we can see.
    I, from now on, will try and stop this conversation to now further break forum rules and such!
    Have an amazing day and stay B4.DA.$$

• Yup but at start people wont have any chances if someone do things like i said before.
    DBO had worst cash shop in video games history. U can sell from CS everything on AH for good money.
    All cosmetics should be bound automatically. Want dogi -> Support Daneos Server.

@UP
    Okay 2-3 weeks. It was just a example

PS: In this thread You can everyone see who is casher and try to protect current Cash Shop roshipervplz.png

• As long as items such as u70 whites, brown or silver boxes are only obtainable through the cash shop, this game is pw2, end of discussion, whoever says otherwise clearly hasn't played much MMO's.

Now, you could make it slightly less p2w if you made a system which would enable players to exchange zenny for cash points in order to obtain such items ( I don't even suggest making those items mob drops ).

Cheers

• As long as items such as u70 whites, brown or silver boxes are only obtainable through the cash shop, this game is pw2, end of discussion, whoever says otherwise clearly hasn't played much MMO's.

Now, you could make it slightly less p2w if you made a system which would enable players to exchange zenny for cash points in order to obtain such items ( I don't even suggest making those items mob drops ).

Cheers

If you can craft or have friends who can craft high level gear then those brown and silver boxes are waste of money coz it costs a lot more than what you would spend on recipe and craft items and still in both cases there is no guarantee that you'll get good props but with atleast crafting you have better chances. And coming to u70 whites i think the same but somebody said its already implemented as mob drops not sure tho.

And ya it'd be great to get cash points by other means like events and such thing it'll definitely make it less P2W.

• If you can craft or have friends who can craft high level gear then those brown and silver boxes are waste of money coz it costs a lot more than what you would spend on recipe and craft items and still in both cases there is no guarantee that you'll get good props but with atleast crafting you have better chances. And coming to u70 whites i think the same but somebody said its already implemented as mob drops not sure tho.
    And ya it'd be great to get cash points by other means like events and such thing it'll definitely make it less P2W.

You're forgetting about Legendary gear, about earrings, rings, necklaces. You can't craft those, and get them as random drop, and it takes ages before you get a good one, unless you have said boxes.

The idea of a cash reward based event is a solid one too.

• Yes , i agree the game is not P2W but the Cash Shop is clearly unfair . The best example are the White Stones .

I will give an example :

Without using WS -

We have two guys , 1 , after getting lv.70 started farming to get U70 Stones to upgrade his equipment or at least money to buy it . The normal upgrade level would be +8 for weapons and +6 for armor , with some luck , +10 and +8 .

Using WS -

Charges 10k CP , starts selling items from Cash Shop , get's enough money to buy a good amount of U70 Stones , buys some WS from the Cash Shop as well and BOOM ! +13 - +15 in one day .

I'm not saying that people shouldn't charge CP or that i'm against the people that do it . I'm just saying that rightnow the game is unfair , even that someone doesn't charges any CP maybe because they can't , maybe because they don't like to , doesn't matter . Cashers and non-Cashers should have the same rights and if both want to get something in the game they should work for it .

• you honestly haven't play the retail (original dbo). I could list all the the stuff that is P2W, which is way more then the 2 reason that you listed, but we are still in the testing phase of game and we don't know if daneos plans on changing some of those factor making cash elusive item come from dungeon drop, events or whatever. So we should wait til open beta to complain if nothing gets changed during pre open beta.

Actually, yes I did play the original DBO. I wasn't in to much of those cosmetics though and such as I was an original player who wanted to take the path of an ordinary player. And 2 reasons? I listed more. Before posting please take your time to reread everything I said and then post. Also in my opinion this isn't P2W. Daneos will not be implementing 33 stones (I asked him), he will be fixing stone bugs, he will be removing/adding features that could ruin gameplay, and so on that I won't discuss. The only thing that's game breaking here is the bugs, not the cash items. Please rethink your words next time.

• Whitestones are clearly pay 2 win and none can deny that. But I already said that white stones are going to be removed.
    I've decided to recreate the official cash shop and then work on it so it will suit "everyone"

• I personally don't agree with the white stones beeing removed, it'd make it nearly impossible to get good upgrades with the current upgrade system. But I do think they should be made harder to obtain, and the same thing with the boxes.

ie: there was a time where you had a small chance to drop silver boxes from papaya's golden chests that dropped from mobs ( which were not so easy to farm too ). Whites and Boxes should follow the same path, beeing introduced in a similar way.

• Actually, yes I did play the original DBO. I wasn't in to much of those cosmetics though and such as I was an original player who wanted to take the path of an ordinary player. And 2 reasons? I listed more. Before posting please take your time to reread everything I said and then post. Also in my opinion this isn't P2W. Daneos will not be implementing 33 stones (I asked him), he will be fixing stone bugs, he will be removing/adding features that could ruin gameplay, and so on that I won't discuss. The only thing that's game breaking here is the bugs, not the cash items. Please rethink your words next time.

I did read it, I saw level 33 up stone as something that not P2W so I Ignore it also I ignore the xp boosts because every player can some through the gift box, I didn't even want to comment on the skill reset because everyone knows that P2W and this is the only MMO i know that you had to spent irl money to reset your skills instead of in game currency, same goes for dogi ball spending more IRL money to get extra stats but Ignore this because they don't give the correct stats atm so it not that much of a issue, you need brown box if you want the best gear in the game that comes from CC battle dungeon, Dragonball scramble, and tier 2 wishes from the dragonballs and etc. If you did play the original DBO to some extent you would also know this.

there more reasons for this game is hella P2W based probably like 3-5 more

• I did read it, I saw level 33 up stone as something that not P2W so I Ignore it also I ignore the xp boosts because every player can some through the gift box, I didn't even want to comment on the skill reset because everyone knows that P2W and this is the only MMO i know that you had to spent irl money to reset your skills instead of in game currency, same goes for dogi ball spending more IRL money to get extra stats but Ignore this because they don't give the correct stats atm so it not that much of a issue, you need brown box if you want the best gear in the game that comes from CC battle dungeon, Dragonball scramble, and tier 2 wishes from the dragonballs and etc. If you did play the original DBO to some extent you would also know this.
    there more reasons for this game is hella P2W based probably like 3-5 more

Green Book can easily be added to gift box and token reward and Dogi balls can be rewards for completing dungeons/TMQs. Same with brown boxes. Higher tier stuff like silver boxes and dogi balls can be a possible item from chests in Papaya (with keys also being a rare drop) and event exclusive. XP boosts aren't really needed since they just make leveling go by quicker.

Gear wise crafting lvl 70 gear already gives you good stats and defense so they're good for starting out (though I wish it wasn't just Saiyan armor) and removing White Stones requires the player to have more persistence in reaching higher levels in upgrade.

• I personally don't agree with the white stones beeing removed, it'd make it nearly impossible to get good upgrades with the current upgrade system. But I do think they should be made harder to obtain, and the same thing with the boxes.

ie: there was a time where you had a small chance to drop silver boxes from papaya's golden chests that dropped from mobs ( which were not so easy to farm too ). Whites and Boxes should follow the same path, beeing introduced in a similar way.

I agree with this, it way to easy to get high upgrades with white stones costing 1 dollar or 10 cp

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!