Ultimate Majin Party PVP Build

• Hello boys and girls,

I'd love some insight on an ultimate majin build I'm working on. It's my first time playing this class: so far so good, I am enjoying it a lot. However, I stopped leveling because I don't feel the build I'm following is really solid. I have checked many others, but I have never been fully convinced to follow any of them.

My main objectives with this build are:
    - being able to party pvp
    - being able to go kid buu for pve (not sure if getting Genocide Blast and spent 5 SP or just rely on auto attack with speed weapons)
    - having some decent buffs to support

Somewhat hybrid: I've only found solo pvp and pve builds, so nothing would fit my needs (maybe I'm wrong ?( )

Being mainly a turtle, I honestly feel a bit clueless. As we speak I just buff people and that's cool, but I'd love to explore other ultimate perspectives.

I've searched old videos from TW and I found Paradise's Keesha Videos in Party Budokai: I think that's a good reference of what I'm aiming with this build. As far as I can see, Keesha had both shield and candy beam (two branches from Mighty Majin, so spending a lot of points there). I want to know if this is efficient, if it's worth the sp spent and if something like that would be help me meet my objectives.

So here it is, my work in progress. Bear with me, I'm exploring the class, so I'm open to hear your opinions :D

I guess some of the main points of the build are:
    - Special surprise punch: A short paralysis to stall an opponent and let a party pal finish him
    - Cluster bomb: Defense rate going down, that's good right?
    - Shield: I really like this AOE, but tell me if it's actually useless.
    - Candy beam: another stall and a fun skill.

I feel my SP are too spread out. Should I take a stance and just ditch any of these four mighty skills? Should I go for the trumpet burns from uti (I don't like em, maybe for leveling only). Spins don't work and I'd rather farm with kid buu - whenever we get it - or with my Turtle.

Any help is good! Thanks :thumbsup:

Aru :dpeace:

• Hey, ill try to help but im not an expert.

As you see, you won't have enough time to cast everyone of your buffs, you'll be able to cast Miraculous fitness, Miraculous Cheering and Miraculous Recovery. Since you are talking about pvp party, ultimates does not have aoe attacks at all, and ultimates aren't designed to deal a lot of dmg.

You have a great resistance rate passive, plus Spiritual Resistance for your own use. That will evade stuns and any other disabling, you won't be able to cast individual buffs.

I removed Devour curse bc u already have abdominal, bleeding and poison treatment.
    Special surprise punch, i don't like it at all, bc fighters and swordmans will evade things like that, and candy. Ultimates have pretty low focus, and they have pretty high dex. It also have 12 sec cd, and lasts 3 sec, it's only 1 target, and every other player may use their own stun. But i'll left that there.

Hyper Bomb, this is the key to your party pvp, aoe kd, and that 40% phys dmg reduction is pretty gooood, plus the passive skill duration up.

Caramel Dropkick, an pretty fast individual kd.

You may remove Planet burst but i really like it.

During the battle you just need to give those 3 aoe buffs, kd them, heal your allies, disable your enemies, but making damage is not your job.

I just hope this helps or you consider it.

Crazy build?

• -defense rate is good for end game dungeons reducting defense rate. helps the party take down mobs quick
    - if ur going for a speed build u should use kaikeon, cause defense rate is usually used in speed
    - shield is good for end dungeons, plus its spammable.
    -if ur going for budoki 1vs1 u should try to get kid buu cause it can be used in the prelimanry rounds.

pvp: http://tools.dboglobal.to/dbo_skill_calculator/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Ultimate-Majin&build=0100301210121031010501000000100130205002100513004331104100

im not too sure about pve

http://tools.dboglobal.to/dbo_skill_calculator/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Ultimate-Majin&build=0100301210121041110511000101001033005002100513004331104100

wait for this guys response aswell cause he is master at dbo and player nearly all classes @Iceman and for other ppl aswell.

• Special Surprise Punch as far i remember count as debuff from 3 to max SP's, so dodge isnt an option to deal with fighter/swordman because they maybe are going to play with good Resistance gear, same goes for Candy Beam/Hyper Bomb, those skills counts as debuffs like the KD from skills, it count as Debuff. Maybe im wrong and if someone can clarify this i really appreciate it.. thats what i remember from TW, i cant remember a single dodge outside a blue circle.. and that means their Resistance cames to the play.

Going Kid Buu for pve maybe is good but for pvp idk, up to the team and your preference, but if i were you i wont take it for Budokai, maybe for Scramble.. my personal preference is going without Kid Buu for anything related with pvp because that means a disable for your Healing Breeze and your unable to cleaning some debuffs.. a disable for KD's and rebuffs if you have a chance.. dragon clan and wonder majins can delete yours/team buffs in combo with Swordman's Glaring Slash properties debuff. Dynamite Horn with 2 SP's to having another chance KD is good imo plus the distance.

We had a bug at TW and debuffing Defense Rate with Cluster Bomb when they have %LP/EP Recovery gear/buffs is like buffing them because Defense Rate, each time it comes to play to reduce a bit dmg, it blocks the %LP/EP recovery from that hit when the %LP/EP recovery > reduced dmg. Source

• I agree with you and i also agree with comments and builds from our friends, you guys are just right :dhandshake: .

I have little exp at pvp, just a few vs's at korin, some ranked matchs.. and i had to use the same builds for pvp/pve as an Ultimate/Chef.

Kid Buu is pretty good if you have the SP's for him and/or if he fits your needs :dpeace: .. go ahead :dloveliness: .. but in my case i dont like it because he limits my builds and skills to use.. in other words, he limits my playstyle :dsweat: .

Shield is a very interesting skill, sadly for me i never had the chance to use it and see my myself how it exactly works, but i think i can be used to give a little breath to your party for heal, to start an opening or just to reduce some inc.dmg. at random

As a Mighty/Ultimate Majin we only have 3 KD's, a Phy-M.Att debuff, 2 stuns, a defense rate and att. speed debuffs, a good heal, a resistance's passive and other active buff, good debuffs cures and LP/EP related buffs..etc.. taking in mind that plus what you told us and show us in your wip build i just changed it a bit, so here you go.. nothing is setting in stone, it can be changed freely to fit your needs now or later :dhandshake::dtongue: .. Best Wishes :comcom2: .

• Hey Steven thanks for your comment, appreciate it :D

I picked Dynamite Horn as an Individual KD because of the range (20m against 2m): is it really worth spending 4 SPs there for the speed even though it's really close range?

Yeah,Genocide Blast has really low cd so I decided to only pick it, but I'll see once kid buu gets added.

Any comment on shield? Didn't pick because useless or because, no SP to spare or not suited for party pvp?

As a Mighty/Ultimate Majin we only have 3 KD's, a Phy-M.Att debuff, 2 stuns, a defense rate and att. speed debuffs, a good heal, a resistance's passive and other active buff, good debuffs cures and LP/EP related buffs..etc.. taking in mind that plus what you told us and show us in your wip build i just changed it a bit, so here you go.. nothing is setting in stone, it can be changed freely to fit your needs now or later :dhandshake::dtongue: .. Best Wishes :comcom2: .

Thanks Majin Buu, great insight biggrin.png

I am liking your build a lot, since you got some SP for skill duration passive which I couldn't fit before. I saw you removed 1 SP from status resistance passive... better to max the skill duration passive than this one?

As far as I understand Devour curse isn't really that mandatory as I already have other ways to remove debuffs right?
    Do you know if Cluster bomb has the same effect as in tw currently? If it is, then yep, not gonna add it.

Thanks for your explanation jameba!

So as far as I can see the shield/candy beam picks define a lot the pve/pvp style... I know my title states Party PVP but I also wanted to see if I could fit stuff for end dungeons.

You make a good point with Kaioken for autoattack speed... I think that I'll have to decide when the game develops better.

biggrin.png

• Hey Steven thanks for your comment, appreciate it :D
    I picked Dynamite Horn as an Individual KD because of the range (20m against 2m): is it really worth spending 4 SPs there for the speed even though it's really close range?

Yeah,Genocide Blast has really low cd so I decided to only pick it, but I'll see once kid buu gets added.

Any comment on shield? Didn't pick because useless or because, no SP to spare or not suited for party pvp?

Kinda hard to decide the use of Caramel DK just because the Sp's limit but any KD is good. Even if its a fast KD, i choose to dont use it.. but at same time i think is good to have more options to deal with Warrior type sub-classes.. and it will work too for Energy types when Dynamite Horn/Hyper B. are at CD.

Shield, even if idk how it exactly works because i dont use it, maybe is better to use that SP's for another skills?, going for a bit Increase Defense, Maxing Critical Buffs, Guarding Breeze for better KD protection or Evade Up to help your team with more Dodge or just add the Sp's to Dynamite Horn just for the dmg, up to us.

• Thank you :dloveliness: .

My bad..isnt good to dont max Status Resistance but i had no other way to balance between offense <Gen. Blast>, and defense <Status Resistance> because idk your preferences, but if you want to play a bit more defensive and you dont mind to lose 247/108% Phy dmg from Gen. Blast you cant leave it at 4 and max Status Resistance since is a must for pve/pvp, the more you can resist debuffs the better.

Devour Curse is a good thing to have but if you already have the Detoxi. and Banish. Breeze plus M. Gas Removal and as far i know your doing a hybrid build..you can go without it, or.. if you have the chance at least add 1 point, just to deal with the CD's from Breeze and G. Removal.

About Cluster B., dont used here yet, but seems to be the same as TW because i dont saw anything about it at Changelong.

• Well, you are right with dynamite horn. It also have low cd. You need to know that you Will need a lot of rp. And still being too hard to take Ultimate PvP. I didnt pick shield bc that buff is for dungeons, and mostly like low lvl dungeons, isnt much damage absorbed comparated to the damage that lvl 70 deals. It won't Help At all agaisnt 1 fighter 1 hit. Resistance rate is your priority. You are not high damaged nor disabler At all. But you still may Help. And thats why you have so much resistance, to avoid stuns and keep saving your allies. Btw resistance won't protect you from fighters damage, nor any other. But if you want resistance youll need dex, and dex may Help agaisnt that. Guard is pretty good no matter Who you are. You may quit points from caramel, or your str/eng passive since you are not a nuker. You may upgrade pleasent feeling. You also may quit from dynamite. Its all about your taste, just remember that damage is not for you, bc if u want damage you will also need Focus. I'll recommend not to use kid buu to fight with all your power. 5 sp's may do a big difference.

http://tools.dboglobal.to/dbo_skill_calculator/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Ultimate-Majin&build=0106300112521050010001000000130100200006150513004330100100.

• wait for this guys response aswell cause he is master at dbo and player nearly all classes @Iceman and for other ppl aswell.

I am sorry mate but I am just guy who loved DBO and I didn't played all classes (Grand Chef, Majin Plasma and Majin Karma)...
    I know how they works and all, but I HATE THEM.. lol

Now since I am here and I checked most of builds and I saw things I don't like.
    - Devour Curse is must and need to be maxed, to eat all debuffs.
    - Shield is really good in PVE and group PVP, plus idk why, when fighter use needle on you, you take 0 dmg, plus most of auto attacks too.
    - D. Horn - 2 points for KD and solid dmg
    - Flame Shower - DoT burn and cute dmg for those who don't have e.def gear.
    - S.S. Punch - yeah stun, why not

Fatso Build

There you go, and ofc if you want to auto attack them and reduce their def against auto attack, use cluster bomb.
    Most of Ultimate Fatso's, used this type of build since defense rate is def against auto attacks.
    PS: About buffs, it is really up to you what kind of buffs you need soo everyone used buffs they like.

• Thanks for your contribution Iceman! Really liking your build too, except for maybe Flame Shower, I think I'd rather put those points on properties buff, I really like that buff. Otherwise solid build :D

• Sorry for this late reply.
    @jameba thanks for recognizing me I guess... I seriously did never expect that'd someone tag me like that.

Long story short, I was an maining Ultimate Majin on the TW server 2. Won twice 2nd party budokai and went on a lot of PvE with the following build
    Also & almost won 3rd place solo but I was out of luck with Divine as my opponent.

You can farm easily with kid buu, your buffs should last around 25+ minutes, you have all of the important buffs maxed. Also kid buu is pretty useful for qualifying into the budokai (that was literally the only way to qualify as an Ultimate Majin), in PvE you would transform & help then go back to normal, re-buff & transform again...
    You can eat debuffs, poison (there are bosses with insane poison dots), abdominal damage... Even remove stuns/paralyze from yourself.

In 5v5 party budokai your job will be to buff everyone asap & spam KD the Plasma Majin or enemy healer.
    "Hyper Bomb" is great for AoE KD + 40% phy. dmg debuff.
    "Dyanmite Horn" for single target KD.
    Eat debuffs & support your healer non stop by healing him, or the focused target.

In solo budokai your job will be to survive & win by draw.
    Note: This build is old meta, feel free to experiment.

I do miss the oldest meta where you could farm & kill easily with "Spin" & "Fire Spin" skills :(

• Btw yes, they're bugged

So they aren't working yet? Too bad...

Wow, thanks for your insight @nikolassj! Glad to have experienced players opinions :) I'll see how To adapt your build to current meta, def trying some stuff there :D

Np!~
    Bear in mind that this build was mainly made for supporting & some DPSing with Kid Buu.
    You might get bored leveling up an Ultimate Majin but they are everyone's best friend when it comes to buffing & supporting. They are very welcome in UD's, CC UD, TMQ's & Party Budokai's~

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!