Game is dying?

• hi guys i wanna make this theard to ask the community some questions(or what is left of it)
    Don't you feel like this game is dying? i mean last time i checked forum i had 700 unreaded theards now i barely have 150 and not cuz im active its just that nobody is posting anything.
    Another reason why i think the game is dying is because i see high level players quiting the game because of the changes Daneos is making and ... tbh im not blaming them i do think that the changes are ridiculous ...if this keeps up by the time the server gets restored it wont be near the same game we knew ...
    Yet another reason why ppl are not playing is that Daneos is not posting any freakin Updates i mean wtf not even a single one since 3 weeks ago(ud was said to work long before that its just that it was implemented just now)
    So im asking you players and comunity... is the game dying?cant we do something to save it?

• Well, before everyone was on vacation or could come to the forum even during work.

I don't know what Daneos does for a living but if he's not getting some kind of money from unemployment or any other way he must have to work '-'
    Just give it time, from what I see you just spend too much time here. People have stuff to do outside of this.

I'm just throwing a really wild guess, he could be doing something really big for the game and isn't coming here just to avoid wasting any time.

THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS !!

• i just have 1 day free every week and i like to play this game but it feels like i dont have what to play... well thanks for opinion :)

• Give another game a try and come back once the OB is ready '-'
    That's what I did xD

I went back to DCUO, currently trying to find my old league mates.

• Okay, you know why you think this game is dying.
    It's because some people don't wanna waste their time playing then after many months. Their hard earned items and the very long time doing levels and stuff will be wipe out. People are just waiting for the Open Beta.
    Same as me. I just decided to play even though my hard work will be gone.
    Playing Pre-open beta is a waste of time for others. That's the real reason why people are quitting. FOR NOW!
    And Daneos is doing his best trying to fix this game. He will update the game at once.
    Just wait until open beta and this community will be back on track.

• I'm just here, in my corner, hoping the OB doesn't start before DB XV2 comes out xD
    I wanna fully enjoy it :D

(I haven't been seeing anything related to the game in a while so I have no idea what's done now and what's missing)

• I "know" this is happening because many reasons:
    1- People who reach lvl 70 regularly are actually reaching it at this point of testing.
    2- People keep being dedicated to testing (I am) but just give up because they are bored (I am not xD)
    3- People experience of fun in a game like DBO comes from the fact that everything is working. The game is already unbalanced like it used to be, but with things like dodge, defense, and other factors not working, they just don't seem to get that much fun out of it!
    4- Like @RaynerPT said, people were on vacation, and now that they settle in school, they just can't have that much free time to post or play game! ( I AM AN IDIOT! I stay awake till like 1-4AM daily trying to balance my homework and activity in here and in game!)

I "know" this is NOT happening because:
    1- Daneos is not posting any freakin Updates! (There was a time period where every update went in its own thread and those took like 3 weeks to a month to get 1 of them) Updates are always satisfying.

At the end of the day, if Daneos come in after "3" weeks of no updates and says:

------------- Update:
    ------------- Bug Fixes:
    --------------------- + Spawn time for mobs that autospawn has been corrected.

He would still get like 50 likes on them and 0 dislikes!
    (Some people might quit for this, but they aren't leaving, they are just bored like I said above)

• This is a bit offensive to Daneos whom is working very hard, I can assure you.

The game is up for testing purposes, not necessarily for the "fun" factor.

Although it's nice everyone is enjoying themselves, many players do understand that this is the Pre-Open beta and will be wiped, with that in mind a lot of people do not even bother with POB because they aren't dedicated to bug searching and stressing the server so they don't even attempt it.

You must have patience.

--..-.我有足夠多的足夠手段.-.---.
    ████
    ████████ ███

x1hbfp.png

• Or maybe, you know, they are too busy playing the game now that it is more playable to post stuff on the forums, or that this game is just in it's pre-open beta phase, and everything will be wiped once the true Open Beta is on, I can see why people would stop playing if they'll lost everything anyways, the same happened with the original DBO.

Also what the hell man, last update merely was 1 week and 2 days ago, not 3 weeks.

• It's offensive but Daneos needs our honest opinion, if we just cheer him on and be a bunch of yes men this game will go no where. Yes, Pre-Open beta was meant for testing but most are playing it like it's open beta, why? Because we have been waiting for almost 3 years for this game to come back and we were let down badly by another project. Everyone's patience is dieing and it seems like Daneos wants every bit of everything fixed before going into Open beta. Not saying I want Open beta this second but i'm just stating truth.

• It's offensive but Daneos needs our honest opinion, if we just cheer him on and be a bunch of yes men this game will go no where. Yes, Pre-Open beta was meant for testing but most are playing it like it's open beta, why? Because we have been waiting for almost 3 years for this game to come back and we were let down badly by another project. Everyone's patience is dieing and it seems like Daneos wants every bit of everything fixed before going into Open beta. Not saying I want Open beta this second but i'm just stating truth.

What Graysen tried to say is that people ARE treating it like open beta when they shouldn't really do that. I do assure you @Pito , your point is correct, but I'll have to say I agree with graysen more because I see it more valid in the current subject. And, to state "the truth", I want the game this instant actually, it just wont happen. :)
    I like the game and I truly want to play it when it functions 100%, but that wont be now!
    I have been waiting for almost 1 and a half year and I am ready to wait more! :) I am not gonna panic :thumbsup:

LOVE DANEOS!!!! TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO YOUR WORK !!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!