Energy Martial Artist Suggestion

• well swordsman and fighter are more of a melee style combatant then a range fighter, thats why the skills you have mention reflect the less viable option in pvp. as a pve experience big bang attack is very useful at killing mobs in large numbers. im not very sure of burning attack havent use sword much at all.

Its sad that favorite charactors moves arent completely viable for pvp but thats just the way the game was designed.

I believe Daneos has lots on his plate with this game and im doubtfull he would change those skills ability as there is alot of programming and tweeking required to do such a request

I hope that im completely wrong thou I Just like you Nanomachinsson would loved to c those moves more viable but its just not realistic

• Such a thing is made for fun!
    Honestly, it is much more fun to play a SM with energy attacks than playing them with regular sword slashes...
    I like the idea, but if you increase their energy ability, then everyone would use them and they will become much more powerful.
    I know some people say that the way the game is being made right now goes against the groove of Fighters and Swordmen classes, but making energy attacks powerful isn't the way to balance them.
    I like the suggestion anyways but I don't think it will happen!

I think what a better alternative way to making both things work out is starting fighters and swordmen at a higher base attack, which means that they will increase at a much bigger rate!

Example, if you start a fighter with only 20 Energy Attack. The next level they will go up to 25 (just throwing the numbers out there These are not actual calculations). But if you start them at 22, they will go up to 28. By lvl 10, you'll find the difference being around 15 Energy Attack, which can be very useful!
    Of course this change is not drastic, because it shouldn't be!

Anyways, nice suggestion!

• Great example I wasn't meaning to make the change drastic, I just want to martial artists to be able to be better in the PVE aspect

• There is a way to make fighters and swodsman better whit energy attacks, making them better on pve and not giving them any additional advantage on pvp
    The change is as follows

Martial Artist:
    Prepeed to Roar skill Lvl 4:
    Increases Energy attack by 50%
    Physical Defense Decreases by 20%

This change will allow martial artist to gain extra energy attack damage, but they still had the HP and defense disadvantage and will create diferent build types for them, also u will have to decide between a Physcial Damage Build or Energy cuz u wont be able to have both maxed.

and its prety ez to do.

Thumbs up

• Or you can have Prepared for War's SP be bumped to 7 like Spirited Roar and have the same stat boosts. Regardless I love the idea of an energy Fighter/Swordsman.

• dont think its 50% bro thats too high pretty sure its 25%

• and i dont think SM should be energy however fighters have the ability to do that

Swordsman make better energy users because their skills still maintain their fighting style (Focused) Gravity Break as well as an AOE with a much larger range. Fighters have Big Bang Attack and Final Flash, which have long cast times and calculate damage from your gloves (Burning Attack calculates from your Sub). Focused Gravity Break also has a 10 second CD and the same 1.5 damage boost from behind effect as (Multiple) Sword Slash.

• Swordsman make better energy users because their skills still maintain their fighting style (Focused) Gravity Break as well as an AOE with a much larger range. Fighters have Big Bang Attack and Final Flash, which have long cast times and calculate damage from your gloves (Burning Attack calculates from your Sub). Focused Gravity Break also has a 10 second CD and the same 1.5 damage boost from behind effect as (Multiple) Sword Slash.

the reason i say that is cause of the dodge.

• dont think its 50% bro thats too high pretty sure its 25%

well yes and no
    yes cuz:
    50% its one hell of a number, its a pretty high increase
    No cuz:
    Martial artist dont have energy critical hit rate that make that extra push on pvp
    spirtiualist do have that energy critical hit rate that make all energy attaks way much better
    Martiasl artis have 0 energy critical hit rate bonuses
    even if they get energy critial hit rate weapons, they will only get 26 energy critical hit rate TOPS
    very low for any situation.

Remmebr that the number I gave its an stimation , and like all others changes need some test
    maybe gets higher, mabe gets lower
    but the increase will be arround that.

thumbs up

• Im actually playing as an Energy Swordsman, without any sword skills,
    Which means im basically just a Martial Artist with its energy attacks,
    cause both barrages are awsome, and the first energy attack has a fast cd to repeat like a normal attack,
    I have become a Swordsman honestly only for Burning Attack and no more.
    I like it, its fast and cool, and pretty good at repeating attacks to clear mobs 1 by 1 at a safe range.

But! The problem here actually is, there's almost no source of energy damage.
    Even with having gloves totally energy sided, having as much Soul as i can,
    Maxed out energy damage passive and all...
    Its still much lower than physical, which i didnt really tried to invest in.
    Also its a joke how much higher strength stat i have over everything else.

I didnt even have any mods on Strength, but have alot on others, yet Str is still the highest one.
    Its just pretty unfair to give energy attacks, when you dont even have the power to use them.
    So i love the skills, there's nothing wrong with em at all.
    We just need more energy attack source!

Even if there would be some extra levels on the energy damage passive, that would be cool.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!