Increase Stone Upgrade drop effect

• Okay now before everyone goes "oh Blazing is just whining boo hoo hoo" hear me out. While the return of stone drops is a blessing, it's also a double edged sword due to the combined fact that...

a) Their droprate makes getting them hard.
    b) Generally liked farming spots are either taken, stolen, or both.

Now let me talk about their droprate. Back when Daneos first released Mystery Capsules he stated that they have a 10% chance of dropping. Suffice to say, you see these WAAAAAY more often than any kind of stone, which means that each stone has a lower chance of dropping. That is, honestly, a stupid drop chance. In addition, it effects the economy because people will charge stones for a ridiculous amount (a lv70 Red Stone is generally 25kk or so) making it extremely hard for players to get their hands on one. We also need to consider that there are 6 stones and generally the area you farm in drops two levels of stones. That's 12 upgrade stones we're talking about here, and all have a drop rate lower than a mystery item which, again, has a 10% chance of dropping per mob makes it not worth farming for them.

Now people are going to tell me "but Blazing increasing the drop rate will make people more op with upgrading and etc." Yeah, +8 is reeeeeeeeally threatening. I remember in old DBO that people at least had gear that was +8 (weapon) or +6 (armor). In DBOG, it's hard to even pull this off, especially with high level gear. With tickets gone and White Stones getting booted from Cash Shop (and possibly the game) we need a way to collect more stones to compensate for this. A simple +8 is enough for any player to get buy with all but the hardest of dungeons and Budokai, but we're not going to see that happen if players can't even upgrade their gear.

So yeah, that was my two cents on the matter. My suggestion is increase the drop rate of stones (with purple and green being rarer than red and blue with downgrade stones in the middle) and/or add an alternative way for players to get these stones ingame (Budokai, UDs, etc).

• a) It's supposed to be hard I think: u70 stones are the last items you'll need ingame apart from jewelry.
    b) That's when you change channel or look for another spot. Drop rate won't change this: people will farm as long as there is something to drop that is needed for them to use or to sell. I take the oportunity to say that people approach this awfully. They think a whole zone is their spot when they take space for at least 2 people grinding easily with reasonable respawning time for mobs. Or they think you are stealing someone's spot once they see you there: you should first tell what is going on (Hey, sorry I'm farming/grinding here, could you please take another spot or change channels?) before accusing the person who just got there.

Prices will go down, it's been only 2 days since drop rate has been changed. More people will drop - you can see in papaya everyone farming EVERYWHERE - and more people will sell: sellers will have to compete and lower their prices.

A couple of hours ago I saw u70 red around 19kk in AH: 6kk less than what you saw 8 hours ago. I'm not saying the prices will go down that fast, but prices should go back to a more reasonable price, just not instantly. The fix will affect the economy, but you have to give it some time.

DBO is a grinder mmo: you mostly kill mobs all day everyday, that's part of the challenge. It's expected to have to farm for some time to get stones and get your gear ready for end-game dungeons.

Look, I have been farming some since the update and had zero drops, plus I only have +1 on my gloves and +1 on my pants, everything else is 0. I'm far from being ready for dungeons. I feel the pain myself, but I still feel it's normal that they drop waaaaaaaaay less often than mystery items.

I don't think you are whining, I think you should be patient.

• I think the Legendary drop from regular mobs was intentional, although boss mobs in UDs need to be fixed.

i don't see why those since UD legendary/CCBD stats are better and the drop rate from mobs are/should be up there around the rates of stone drops. There probably another typo just like stone drops to make them bugged, same with the chest drops.

Needs to get fix asap

• Drops seem normal atm, played about 4 hours got 1 weapon downgrade, 1 armor downgrade and 1 red stone with normal questing. I would like greens and purples same rate as other stones that never seemed to be equal but lets be happy they drop once again!

• 1- The prices for stones are high because they just came back and people are like:
    "Finally I can sell stones!"
    They just put stones in unbelievable prices!
    2-Stones should be either easier to get or the upgrade system needs to be a little more lenient!
    (I am not demanding, but suggesting)
    It is a bad experience when you are above lvl 55 and you try to get stones. Takes you like a whole day to get the equivalent of lets say 15 stones and then all you get from said stones is a +1 on one of your +7 Armors :(
    I think the stone drop rate shouldn't increase to be honest, but what really needs to change is the upgrade system. It is a 1 in 25 change of you getting a +10 item to +11, that shouldnt be the case with the stone drop rate.

Anyways, I put faith in what Daneos will do. Hopefully he can make it a little easier on those who are of the top class lvls!

At least they drop to be honest!

• 1 in 25 actually u r wrong i spend more then 1000 now in just one pants and it's just +6 now i can't belief it i started to hate this game bcuz of this system

• Sadly the same here.
    Not simple no luck, but no chance at all i guess.
    Since i reached lv30 like a week ago as i remember,
    Ive played quite a lot of hours daily,
    All the tokens i spent on lv30 armor stones for my swordsman pants (the only good looking pants so far)
    Varied in single stones and 3x stones,
    The most ive ever reached was +10, and broken it down to 0 right after,
    Really hundreds of green stones, even bought stones from AH..
    doesnt even matter i bought all the cheap ones, like 300k/3 , 500k/3 ..
    so yeah, kinda like a thousand stones yet no "luck" ever.
    It is on +9 now after alot of breakdowns (0) ..
    and i dont know what to think about now....
    I'll probably leave it for a while, gather up atleast a 100 stones again to try another time.
    But it will probably broke all the time before even hitting +10, as always.
    Right now im just happy i can play this game, so i dont care..
    But its just nonsense in the current state.
    Maybe I'll eventually just buy and/or use a high stat one and leave alone "upgrade system" forever.

• 1 in 25 actually u r wrong i spend more then 1000 now in just one pants and it's just +6 now i can't belief it i started to hate this game bcuz of this system

Some people are just unlucky :(
    I averaged it!

Also I didnt say that you need 25 of them to get to +11. I said the chance of +10 succeeding in the upgrade to +11 is like 1 to 25 :)

• i like the low stone drop rate otherwise anybody would finish his gear in 2-4 weeks and stay bored in korin village^^ i know it can be frustrating to farm whole day and get nothing but thats ok, maybe the upgrade succes chance could get a little buff i think its more frustrating to farm days /weeks for some stones and then all of them fail than 1 day without drops( i used 12x U70 purple on my gloves all failed, and didnt count how much U55 Purples, but for sure way more than 20 on my stick all failed too + a white stone every try that was around 400-500kk idk)

• NO! I just wasted 1600 tokens just to fail, and I'm absolutely livid! Gosh, I kept going for the left card: Fail, fail, fail, fail, broke, fail, broke.

Then I finally went middle: Success, fail, broke, broke, etc.

20 purple stones.. After hours and hours of play, what did I get? Nothing >_>

Why not make it so items don't go back to 0, but maybe give a 1% chance of success for anything above +10.

• I also used up just a bit more than 1600 tokens, plus a few millions to buy cheapest available stones (like 3 for 200k)
    What i did alot of times alredy btw... and now again as always,
    From +9 it failed down 1 by 1 till +3 ...succeeded to +4, +5 , fail down to +3 again.. again and again..
    now after alot of stones, the results is +7 (was +9 when i started)
    Oh and.. this is the same lv30 pants i alredy used hundreds of stones on, since i hit lv30 for the first time.
    Maybe a thousand of stones... i didnt really count, but im sure its thousands of tokens atleast,
    and a couple of millions in zeni (3 for 200-300k was the average)
    So i gave up on this upgrade system now officially.
    I love the game, i love everything about it, since its a damn DRAGON BALL Online...
    but doing this torture is just simply pointless. ...or tokenless for the ironic pun.
    Seriously.. i kept wearing lv30 pants because its the "EASIEST" to upgrade,
    But at this rate, i'll just throw it in my bank and start to use something with atleast real Stats and mods.
    Maybe i'll try again when i'll gather up like a 10k tokens, just to broke it down to 0 again for fun.
    Im so used to it now.
    ---End of rage post.---

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!