Pre-Beta Progress

• Would you like to keep your character progressing after the pre-beta ended? 128

The result is only visible to the participants.

So, I've been playing pretty hardcore lately, because I wanted to progress in the game (I can tell many others as well - I saw a bunch of max levels already). As we all know Dragonball Online always used to be very grind heavy, which forces us to invest a lot of time to progress in the game. Earlier this day I read on the facebook page, that all the data will be deleted once the pre-beta ends. This is something I wouldn't recommend nor would like to happen, because god knows how many players played XXXX hours already. We all know it depends on Daneos if he wants to keep the character progressing or not. So..... please let us keep it ~ <3 (Also something that doesn't belong here, but man you did an insanely great job with the game so far :love: )

Now my current suggestion would be:

• Keeping the character itself (Level + Name)
    • The items will still be deleted/wiped, because who knows how many bugs have been abused already
    • ???
  • Honestly, everyone playing knows it was going to be wiped anyways but we all still play. Yeah, a lot of folks don't want the progess to go away but this is just a test phase and a lot of people bugged their way to 70 while using bugs for other purposes as well. I, for one, will be happy once everything is fixed and bug-free so we can all play without people abusing bugs for unfair advantages.

• This has been discussed extensively already in this thread:

How I think Danny should handle the wipe

Here Daneos quote on the matter:

No rewards will be given.

No one forced anyone to play this BETA TEST phase, it was stated before and several times that characters were going to be wiped. People played still because it's fun or - even better - because they wanted to test bugs and help the game development.

• I wich, i could keep my character...I mean...look at all those level 70s, already grinding, and pretty much waiting for the open beta :o

It's kinda mind bogling.

As much as we want a open beta, and since the oficial release is said to be still i need this year, i think that we will only get it by december...and i mean late late late december.

• Personally, I don't understand the mental process of someone who would actually WANT all their hard work deleted if given the option.

It's like asking a friend to come over to your house and steal your memory card, like wtf? I could understand if there is no possible way for Daneos to move out of Pre Open without the wipe, but IF he could keep characters as is, I see no reason to do something like this. Anyone who disagrees either has an ulterior motive, or is just plain retarded.

And, fyi, I'm SURE Daneos is more than capable of removing the "+"s off of gear or whatever, just to mollify the lot of you whiners who cry "bugger!" in trade chat whenever someone gets +15.

• man, your spot on. Time flies by, and grinding and grinding all over till level 70 just to grind it all over again, damn.

I mean, people sure have a lot of free time...i wish i had thay free time, but hey! Lifes short.

Tell you what, if daneos actually kept characters and striped all the upgrades and give everyone a basic set, OR IF the LEVEL 33 STONE gets to the cash shop, then i am good.

• This topic is kinda funny to me. The propose of the pre-beta is to test the game. Everyone playing right now is considered a "pre-beta tester". If you feel eveything will go to waste, then don't play.

If this pre-beta had been something only a few people could play, then everyone would have wanted to play not matter what. But since Daneos was nice and made it free for all, some people keep complaining about it. They feel like like Daneos owe something to them, while it's not like that.

• This topic is kinda funny to me. The propose of the pre-beta is to test the game. Everyone playing right now is considered a "pre-beta tester". If you feel eveything will go to waste, then don't play.

If this pre-beta had been something only a few people could play, then everyone would have wanted to play not matter what. But since Daneos was nice and made it free for all, some people keep complaining about it. They feel like like Daneos owe something to them, while it's not like that.

We are not complaining, we are suggesting :D Also, I've been wondering if we'll get the cash points in the beta back that we donated for once everything's been wiped. Daneos doesn't owe us anything, but we are spending our time to play the game and to help/report fixing it, so something small should be atleast in it. Even if it'd be a custom title named "Beta Tester" or something like that :D

• We are not complaining, we are suggesting :D Also, I've been wondering if we'll get the cash points in the beta back that we donated for once everything's been wiped. Daneos doesn't owe us anything, but we are spending our time to play the game and to help/report fixing it, so something small should be atleast in it. Even if it'd be a custom title named "Beta Tester" or something like that :D

Yes, all the cash points you buy/spend will be given back when open beta/retail starts and honestly no. We're playing to play, find bugs and test all the features to make sure they work as Dane has said "No rewards will be given" (look at Arus post above) because the reward itself is being able to play and ~help~ make sure the game works. Only people that will get rewards is us founders ( Krillin, Goku, S.Saiyan) and translators. Remember, Dane could have kept the dev server on only for us founders but instead decided to do pre open beta because everyone wanted to play even after finding out everything ~will~ be wiped. That is also why some have stopped and others haven't even started playing because they're waiting for open beta~

• ppl bugged 15+ weapons.
    better if we restart without any bugs.

• man, your spot on. Time flies by, and grinding and grinding all over till level 70 just to grind it all over again, damn.

I mean, people sure have a lot of free time...i wish i had thay free time, but hey! Lifes short.

Personally, I don't understand the mental process of someone who would actually WANT all their hard work deleted if given the option.

A Pre-beta test is not a full game: as a pre-beta tester you are playing/testing for a collective objective, the game development. The rules of this Pre-beta were stated, and still, you both decided to spend your free time and work hard to go there. I mean, no one will blame you guys if you played to have fun and re-live dbo times before the game is fully re-released - I for once also enjoy re-playing it - but it was stated that it will be a collective effort. You were playing for all the users, not for you as an individual. The hard work of people who got to 70 clean and with no abuse was not for them, it was for everyone that will play after this phase ends.

No one will punish having fun with that, that's for sure, but apart from that you expect to be rewarded individually? No one tricked you into playing, if you didn't want to contribute to the development you should have done the same as many players did: don't play until beta. They are not to blame, no one force you to play this test phase, and no one will point fingers if you don't. But what's really "mind-blogging" is that you still expect rewards when everything was explicitely said.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

What @AngelC said too.

• for your information, i level till level 2 on my spiritualist, and then stoped. And this was 4 months ago :) you really thought i played till 70?

Hihihi

• for your information, i level till level 2 on my spiritualist, and then stoped. And this was 4 months ago you really thought i played till 70?

Hihihi

My point still stands though, and I never said you played till 70 :D I just saw this:

I wich, i could keep my character...

and implied you leveled to a point you wanted to keep your character. Not even to save your in game name, because you are a founder and thus can pick your name before everyone else.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!