Pre-Beta Progress

• I'm already at lvl 58. And as a character with NO master class, who hasn't abused any bugs for lvling, it is a HUGE undertaking just to get where I am now. Not to mention all the haggling, buying and re-selling of dogis and dogi accessories I had to do in order to accumulate a respectable amount of zenni.

Why put all the time and effort into this? Certainly NOT for other people. I have encountered many broken quests and game glitches all over the place that make lvling even harder. But I don't go and report it on the forum. Why? Because i'm playing this game FOR ME, not for anyone else. After waiting 3 long years, FINALLY having the opportunity to play a game that had a huge, positive influence on my life again is a chance I can't just merely give up. I truly do believe that the project may never move into proper Open Beta, as I detailed in my Kid Clocks Ahoy thread. I was originally planning on waiting til the game moved out of pre-open to invest any time into it, but as things are #1 I have a lot of free time on my hands NOW, and it is likely that I won't in the future due to Uni work in January, and #2 I don't want to pass up my chance of playing DBO again if there is the slightest possibility of the game getting C&D'd

• Some people (for example myself) didn't even know all the data will be removed once pre-beta ends. I couldn't see it anywhere until I read the newest facebook post about the Dragonball Hunt (the comment section).. It's not listed on the Download Section, Server Section etc. It took me a while to find it in the FAQ section. Some people may start the game to progress fast and such and don't even know their progress will be deleted

• I'm already at lvl 58. And as a character with NO master class, who hasn't abused any bugs for lvling, it is a HUGE undertaking just to get where I am now. Not to mention all the haggling, buying and re-selling of dogis and dogi accessories I had to do in order to accumulate a respectable amount of zenni.

Why put all the time and effort into this? Certainly NOT for other people. I have encountered many broken quests and game glitches all over the place that make lvling even harder. But I don't go and report it on the forum. Why? Because i'm playing this game FOR ME, not for anyone else. After waiting 3 long years, FINALLY having the opportunity to play a game that had a huge, positive influence on my life again is a chance I can't just merely give up. I truly do believe that the project may never move into proper Open Beta, as I detailed in my Kid Clocks Ahoy thread. I was originally planning on waiting til the game moved out of pre-open to invest any time into it, but as things are #1 I have a lot of free time on my hands NOW, and it is likely that I won't in the future due to Uni work in January, and #2 I don't want to pass up my chance of playing DBO again if there is the slightest possibility of the game getting C&D'd

Come on dude you are lvl 58 and you complain about the wipe are you kidding me ? I have 3 character lvl 70 and 1 buffer lvl54 I want a wipe because this game is a joke with the people abusing from bugg

• I think everyone needs to calm down and take the time to remember that we are not here to argue, we are here to play and test together. I think the moderators have been very clear in that you, them, him, her, that person, this person etc, Everyone gets a wipe. Everyone was informed that the server was only going to be the developers until it was working fully but due to massive amounts of support and requests for it.

Daneos took the time and effort to manage both servers, work with not only the developers issues but also everyone whining that "this doesn't work, so does this, i want this and i want that" when he is doing his absolute best and always has done.

I could go on but i will write pages on how some of you are really just being greedy and quite frankly very rude too. I will ask that you re-read the moderators posts again, not to make you change your mind but because they are the only ones here making actual sense. and to quote one of my favourite quotes:

You can't have your cake and eat it

• Come on dude you are lvl 58 and you complain about the wipe are you kidding me ? I have 3 character lvl 70 and 1 buffer lvl54 I want a wipe because this game is a joke with the people abusing from bugg

I just started playing only a month ago. I am sure you have played much longer. I was waiting til I got a "somewhat" capable laptop, as my old one was dying on me. One month for lvl 58 and 100 kk in dogis/ dogi items isn't bad for someone without master class who hasn't abused any bugs to get where they are :O Hell I don't even use real money to buy things off of cash shop (I find ppl in the game willing to sell me cash points and I haggle with them to get the best price possible)

@Cosmo, my point isn't whether or not people knew beforehand about the wipe, or how much shit Daneos has to deal with concerning whiners and the like. My point is WHY erase all the data if it CAN be kept? What reason is there? Evening the playing field is a stupid reason. Like I said before, if ppl find buggers upgrading gear so detestable, just have Daneos wipe all the "+"s off of the gear. Why just forfeit months work of work lvling up characters and getting zenni and so on and so forth? I can only assume these people are extremely masochistic to want to re-level and acquire zenni all over again...

• @Cosmo, my point isn't whether or not people knew beforehand about the wipe, or how much shit Daneos has to deal with concerning whiners and the like. My point is WHY erase all the data if it CAN be kept? What reason is there? Evening the playing field is a stupid reason. Like I said before, if ppl find buggers upgrading gear so detestable, just have Daneos wipe all the "+"s off of the gear. Why just forfeit months work of work lvling up characters and getting zenni and so on and so forth? I can only assume these people are extremely masochistic to want to re-level and acquire zenni all over again...

I can understand exactly where you are coming from. I would absolutely love to have my characters not be taken away from me as i've spent a long time playing with them ( a Dende at level 64, a Grand Majin at lvl 45, a Spiritualist at lvl 57 and a Karma Majin at lvl 6), while i understand this concept 100% (the not wanting to lose progress) i also don't mind re-doing it again as i enjoy playing the game. I mean why else would you play it?

I'm not really concerned over 'fairness' but i do agree that people who have bugged and abused glitches should be punished. Which most have been via bans or straight up having characters deleted in extreme cases. in your case you mentioned that "just have Daneos wipe all the "+"s off of the gear" while this can be a fix there is no 100% way to discover exactly which players did this perfectly. some were blatantly obvious about it nd cheated the crud out of it and made themselves known. others may have only done ti once or twice and some only on 1 or 2 pieces of gear so they went undetected. The wipe will ensure that aspect stays fair while not giving anyone an advantage and sparking arguments such as "why does this person get special treatment!?!?!"

I see that you may find levelling and getting zeni to be possibly hard or tiring? this is one thing i've not ever understood people possibly whining or moaning about as every single character i've used has had absolutely no trouble in regards to being the 'correct' level for each map. i'm usually 2 or 3 levels higher than the starting value they suggest with quests leftover while zeni can be collected very easily if you just collect and sell loot. only reason you'll need an absolute ton of it is if you want to skip grinding for stones or fancy pants dogis in the Auction House. I've never cashed or similar and currently have over 34 million from loot collecting alone.

I don't want to put words into your mouth so i will use your own instead. "I can only assume these people are extremely masochistic to want to re-level and acquire zenni all over again" this says to me that you don't enjoy playing the game? i absolutely love taking down mobs while the zeni and loot as well as levels come doing just that. I mean why complain about what is pretty much the only thing you do to do or get anything (taking down mobs) when you should play games for fun, not to torture yourself? I confused myself a bit there, my main point is you should play the game to have fun :) not play it just to collect things and be better/ faster than others.

I feel like i'm writing too much so i will stop here. but i would like you to know that i both respect and understand why you dislike the idea of a wipe but at the same time we all agreed to it and knew it was going to happen if we bothered to read the rules and code of conduct.

We don't all have to agree on everything but arguing about it is pointless when we've been given definitive answers :)

• i also don't mind re-doing it again as i enjoy playing the game. I mean why else would you play it?.....

.....I don't want to put words into your mouth so i will use your own instead. "I can only assume these people are extremely masochistic to want to re-level and acquire zenni all over again" this says to me that you don't enjoy playing the game? i absolutely love taking down mobs while the zeni and loot as well as levels come doing just that. I mean why complain about what is pretty much the only thing you do to do or get anything (taking down mobs) when you should play games for fun, not to torture yourself?.....

.....I feel like i'm writing too much so i will stop here. but i would like you to know that i both respect and understand why you dislike the idea of a wipe but at the same time we all agreed to it and knew it was going to happen if we bothered to read the rules and code of conduct.....

First off, I appreciate you taking the time out to write thought out responses to my posts. No reason to feel like you're "writing to much" as respectful and level-headed discourse is always a good thing.

In regard to your reasoning for enjoying the game, however, I must disagree. Any game that is "grind heavy" like DBO, Tera online, just mmos in general I'd say this applies to. These games are enjoyable because you put the time and effort into getting something in the game, and later are rewarded. The grind itself is usually EXTREMELY unenjoyable. With DBO, the beautiful maps and wonderful music make it tolerable. What I enjoy most in DBO is end level PVP, flying around exploring maps, sitting around chilling with ppl, and just in general re-living the nostalgia from a few years ago. While grinding CAN occasionally be relaxing, it can also be mind numbingly boring and downright painful. Right now I need to grind until lvl 59 because all the lvl 58 quests in Dark Namek are broken. I have dropped some u58 stones which is great for selling and such, but the process is just excrutiating to me.

Again, maybe some people like yourself find grinding and farming to be enjoyable, but for me and others like me, we find the monotony very unbearable....and thinking of needing to do it all over again is like a nightmare! e.e

• hard for me to do but ill bite my tongue on this one and just say that i voted no...

p.s dont even know why i pop in the forums,when i do i just find posts like this.

You and I Both man. Thats why I havent posted much in the last 2 months or so

Didnt really bother reading all the posts because imo they are all irrelevant(no offense). Everyone knew about the wipe from the start. As i said in previous posts about this same exact thing, this is a PRE BETA TEST phase...if you were unaware of the wipe that will happen then that is your fault for not checking the forums and seeing what state the game is currently and what the plans will be. WE ARE PLAYING TO HELP FIND BUGS AND OTHER FLAWS. Thats the whole purpose of this. The people wanting there to be no wipe cannot expect Dan to change his plans because you guys decided to play this PRE BETA TEST as if it was the real game sorry thats your fault. Sure you invested alot in your character but that was your choice either out of being impatient or uninformed which again, are both personal problems. Me and my group have not played since the first month for this exact reason. We chose to be patient rather than grind and burn ourselves out(especially since alot of things were not implemented yet at the beginning of the prebeta). Not to mention if i want i could even flip this and say how alot of people like myself who decided to wait would have missed out on all this play time if there was no wipe. Anyways fact still remains is that it was well known since before the pre beta started there would be wipes. If you were not aware of the wipe and dont like there will be one, i suggest just stop playing now and wait. Some of us have been waiting for this game since the official DBO went down 3-4 years ago so you cannot be more anxious about this than us.

• i too dont want to lose my level 2 spiritualist. Im too atached.

Oh i saw someone saying the daneos will put level 33 stone in the cash shop. Can someone confirm it?

The closest he has come anywhere near to saying that is here:

Whitestones are clearly pay 2 win and none can deny that. But I already said that white stones are going to be removed.I've decided to recreate the official cash shop and then work on it so it will suit "everyone"

I'm assuming this means that they will be added back into the cash shop so that it functions and holds the same stuff as retail did. However they might not stick around. Who knows? no one but Daneos and he has already given the answer there :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!