People should chill with the dislikes

• What are your opinions on the like/dislike feature? I feel it has it's place but one of the main uses seems to be as a way for people to use it as a "silent attack" almost. Someone will dislike your post and they don't even have any activity on the thread, they're just there in the shadows disliking left and right.

Was saying hi to a friend I Had not seen on the server for a while, and take into account I was saying hello in the thread that HE created and what do you know? Dislike from some random guy who wasn't even talking in the thread. http://prntscr.com/cxwi48

:4thsaiyangoku: :kidgohan: :gotenks: :satan: :kidgohansaiyan: :thirdfrieza: :secondfrieza: :finalfrieza: :firstfrieza: :thirdsaiyangoku: :cellfinal: :saiyangoku: :saiyanvegeta:

• You guys are jumping to conclusions, I only mentioned dislikes. No where did I mention that people should care about getting likes. Make sure you read before you assume things

:4thsaiyangoku: :kidgohan: :gotenks: :satan: :kidgohansaiyan: :thirdfrieza: :secondfrieza: :finalfrieza: :firstfrieza: :thirdsaiyangoku: :cellfinal: :saiyangoku: :saiyanvegeta:

• If you ""really" wouldn't cared about them, then you would have not made this thread.

Or I could simply be making an observation? hello? And once again there is no THEM, I was strictly talking about JUST dislikes.

• You were just angry cuz you got random dislike on your post from a random dude, then made this thread just out of anger. Pointless in my opinion.

Half the posts on this site are pointless dude, "what pokemon is the person above you" really? And jeez, didnt think any from the same guild as me was such a prick.

• Or I could simply be making an observation? hello? And once again there is no THEM, I was strictly talking about JUST dislikes.

but it isnt an observation,you clearly stated in your title ''people should chill with the dislikes'',to me that doesnt sound like an observation more like you telling people what to do...

anyway back to topic,i barely post these days and i refrain from using the forums to much because one of these days ill go off the deep end and probably rip someone a new one,seen bad posts in other mmo forums but here its just like...WOW,hence me using dislikes,better to dislike than to get banned.
    its a feature in the forums so i dont know what the big deal is,i got plenty of dislikes and i just shrug them off.

And jeez, didnt think any from the same guild as me was such a prick.

now its clear why you got a dislike,attitude and language are the main culprits...maybe next time try to not resort to personal insults.

• but it isnt an observation,you clearly stated in your title ''people should chill with the dislikes'',to me that doesnt sound like an observation more like you telling people what to do...
    anyway back to topic,i barely post these days and i refrain from using the forums to much because one of these days ill go off the deep end and probably rip someone a new one,seen bad posts in other mmo forums but here its just like...WOW,hence me using dislikes,better to dislike than to get banned.
    its a feature in the forums so i dont know what the big deal is,i got plenty of those and i just shrug them off.

Have you ever heard of a click bait title m8? But yeah I get what you're saying. I appreciate your response and reason, something a lot of people lack on here. I've seen you debate with people on here, you're the king lol.

• Half the posts on this site are pointless dude, "what pokemon is the person above you" really? And jeez, didnt think any from the same guild as me was such a prick.

Those threads are just to kill some time. And you calling me a prick cuz you got roasted on your own thread that was created for your own needs.

• 1) Dislikes are just another feature, it won't punish you or anything.

2) If you feel like someone is just disliking you for the sake of it and you REALLY CAN'T STAND IT, then you can simply ask the person why is he/she disliking you. You'll get an answer or won't. If you don't, then proceed to ignore as this person isn't communicating. That's it.

If the said person starts flaming you on threads and disliking you, well then there is a report button and the staff will look into it.

• As I see it the dislikes are being used a lot more by people that hate each other than for actually disagreeing with someone.
    Not everyone does that but I've seen many people with a same mindset disliking each other for hating one another ...

People, if you don't actually disagree with someone don't dislike their comments.
    I might destroy your fun but you do know that disliking comments doesn't really take away "Likes Recieved", right ?
    At least, IF POSSIBLE, reply saying why you think they said something wrong, no one gets pissed for being corrected. We learn something everyday and that goes for everyone.

• As I see it the dislikes are being used a lot more by people that hate each other than for actually disagreeing with someone.
    Not everyone does that but I've seen many people with a same mindset disliking each other for hating one another ...

People, if you don't actually disagree with someone don't dislike their comments.
    I might destroy your fun but you do know that disliking comments doesn't really take away "Likes Recieved", right ?
    At least, IF POSSIBLE, reply saying why you think they said something wrong, no one gets pissed for being corrected. We learn something everyday and that goes for everyone.

Finally someone who actually understands what I was saying! Everyone before you just jumped to the conclusion that I cared about getting likes when this^^^^^ is what I mean't.

• Finally someone who actually understands what I was saying! Everyone before you just jumped to the conclusion that I cared about getting likes when this^^^^^ is what I mean't.

Any tool can and will be used wrongfully. We cannot enforce a particular behaviour: there is already people who get mad when they receive a warning because they called someone names or spammed or anything against the Code of Conduct.

TBH, any community has these problems. I doubt that you'll be able to convince people that use the dislike button in an abusive way to change that.

AND, that's the important part, as it doesn't hurt or punish the one being disliked, the best we can do is just act as you wish everyone would. Be an example. Move on.

Anyway, you cared enough of this situation to make a thread, that is why forum members are answering with their own opinions. No one is jumping to any conclusions, just doing what you asked in your first post.

• Any tool can and will be used wrongfully. We cannot enforce a particular behaviour: there is already people who get mad when they receive a warning because they called someone names or spammed or anything against the Code of Conduct.
    TBH, any community has these problems. I doubt that you'll be able to convince people that use the dislike button in an abusive way to change that.

AND, that's the important part, as it doesn't hurt or punish the one being disliked, the best we can do is just act as you wish everyone would. Be an example. Move on.

Anyway, you cared enough of this situation to make a thread, that is why forum members are answering with their own opinions. No one is jumping to any conclusions, just doing what you asked in your first post.

I kinda see what you're saying..even though my original question was "what are your opinions on the like/dislike feature" and the first 3 responses were not answers to the question at all.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!