Upgrade System Discussion

• Would you like a increase of success rate on the upgrade System? 173

1. Increase Upgrade Success Rate by 25% (65) 38%
    2. Keep it the same! (54) 31%
    3. Increase Upgrade Success Rate by 50% (46) 27%
    4. Other Success Rate! (18) 10%

Hi, guys as we all played DBO online here for a long time, we have always thought that the upgrade system was shit, It hit me today as i was walking home, Would it be possible to increase the chances of success in the upgrade system or would you like to keep it the same like the orginal servers.

Its just a idea, not begging for 100% success rate talking about a increase of 25% success rate. :)

i'll set up a poll for this thread so i could see what people think about it :D !

2li7sbl.png

IGN: Nanashi LVL: 70 Sword Master
    IGN: Madino LVL 70 Dark Warrior
    IGN: MadKarma LVL 25 Wonder Majin

• Keep the same, upgrade can't be so easy, if no everyone will have +15 gear... Will be better if he will make better drop of stones from monsters or when you select broken card your upgrade can get down -1/-2 no more...
    If you change more the game will be toooooooooooooooooo eaaaaaaasy...

• As you already know badpiccolo the success rate was really low to begin with i was talking about 1/4 of increasing the current success rate, if you understand what i mean, many players quit because of the upgrade system, ;(

2li7sbl.png

IGN: Nanashi LVL: 70 Sword Master
    IGN: Madino LVL 70 Dark Warrior
    IGN: MadKarma LVL 25 Wonder Majin

• As you already know badpiccolo the success rate was really low to begin with i was talking about 1/4 of increasing the current success rate, if you understand what i mean, many players quit because of the upgrade system, ;(

The reason they "quit" was because the equipment was destroyed. But yeah..
    My opinion is that equipments shouldnt be destroyed.. Maybe reset equipment back to +0 but not delete.

As you know, in dbo you have success rate, fail rate and a destroy rate.

Hard game is good game, where is sense to play if in 1 month all can get good upgrade with out hard work... As i say before don't change the succes rate just make better drop of stones (white too) from monsters. Also when you break your item you lose -1 / -2 of upgrade and you don't lose the item if you use white crystal.

• its good that its hard to upgrade but its so easy to break your stuff instead of increasing the rate what about just decreasing the break rate?

Did you read what i say in my 2 latest posts?
    -If don't read it: then do it again and analyze it.
    -if you read it: then do it again and analyze it.

• always upgrade for me was stupid. I bought item worth 250kk + stones to upgrade worth 200kk, and the item is burned, lost 450kk and for the money I could have armor and pants . For me should not destroy the item's, just like Daneos wrote downgrade to 0 .. upgrade will still be difficult but we will not lose as much money in the game .. It's just my opinion :)

• always upgrade for me was stupid. I bought item worth 250kk + stones to upgrade worth 200kk, and the item is burned, lost 450kk and for the money I could have armor and pants . For me should not destroy the item's, just like Daneos wrote downgrade to 0 .. upgrade will still be difficult but we will not lose as much money in the game .. It's just my opinion :)

+1! Maybe not to 0 if you are on +14 but maybe downgrade 6 levels..

• I personally really liked the upgrade system. It was realy hard to get something to +10 or higher. It was a "high risk high win" gamble. If you would set the destroy rate to 0% or increase the succes rate it would be to easy to get a realy good equipment. Moreover with the old upgrade system you knew that there were always room for improvement and even to farm the items were fun.

• make +15 is not impossible, but in old dbo tw, withouth cash (and cash prizes) u cant get far....

I think just can do this:

Example:
    Upgraded weapon +8
    + Purple Stone :
    - Success (+9 or +10 or +11)
    - Failed = Dont do anything, just loose the stone...
    - Broken = -3 or -2 or -1 , but dont broke item...

+ Purple & White Stone :
    - Success (+9 or +10 or +11)
    - Failed = Dont do anything, just loose the stones...
    - Broken = -0 , but dont broke item...

• Items should disappear after break, but there are white stones to prevent it.
    Downgrade with using white stones should be changed (it was -2~6 for weapons and 2~4(?) for armors) downgraded by 6 is nearly like break so...,
    It should be something like 1~3 downgrade if break, and white stone should be dropable.

Green and purple stone should be fixed, as you remember it gives you chance to upgrade items +1, +2 or +3, mostly it was +1, rates should be like:
    50% +1
    30% +2
    20% +3

Upgrade/Fail/Break chance have to be fixed, 3 card suggest that you should have 33,(3)% chance for each option, but it was not 33%.

Keep system same, but just fix rates.

@Joath
    0 downgrade with white stone is not good idea imo, in that case i could have all my characters at FULL+15 sets. No downgrade = too easy.

• i agree with you, this is good idea ;)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!