Upgrade System Discussion

• weapon not breaking anymore is honestly too good to be true, but i feel like you guys wana take it a step further and take more while you can. It just wouldnt feel like dbo anymore.

ye cuz it will feel like NTL again

• to +8 armor or weapon , 100% rate
    +8++ will do changes only fail and succes : the succes though has low chance
    8>9 35%
    9>10 25%
    10>11 18%
    11 > 12 12%
    12 > 13 8%
    13 > 14 4%
    14 > 15 2%

this is how it should or atleast close to this , we test it and we see if it is low enough or high to balance it more

• I'm for item not breaking. It'll make it easier in term of not having to start all over. Though I think NTL having that item breaking function is to have more item to sell/cash in with. Buying yourself a white stone can keep your item from breaking. So basically pay to win, well we all know DBO was pay to win. money event item op~, anyways I believe upgrading items to max should be the hardest thing so people have goals. Though In my opinion having an item you work hard for or payed for break. It's just to cruel, There's no reason why we can't just reset the rank of the item back to zero. That won't make it easier to upgrade. It'll just make it better for player to keep their item for regular usage.

Though if enough of you disagree and want item to break. We can find a solution in between. Like Instead of item breaking, item will get reset to 0 and also lose some base stats. like if it stats were str. 175,atksp 175. You pick break card, stats of item will decrease randomly by 1-5.
    Or we could use a system of zeni gold sink. Where there is no break card, though we set a zeni upgrade price. So if you +5 item you want +6 it'll cost you say 500,000 zeni. Price of upgrade may be depended on level of the item, rarity of the item. Then zeni price will increase per +rank. Which will make it costly to upgrade it'll be harder to upgrade. Doing this will keep the market balance. Since if no item breaks from upgrading then good items will be more in high volume. So the function alone could drive the economy of the game. So player who are full geared have a reason to farm more gear to sell to other players. To get zeni to try to upgrade. Chance of failing sitll applies.

• Like Instead of item breaking, item will get reset to 0 and also lose some base stats. like if it stats were str. 175,atksp 175. You pick break card, stats of item will decrease randomly by 1-5.

I don't think that is a good idea.. Set to 0 is hard but ok, but loosing Stats..? Thats like break for me!

to +8 armor or weapon , 100% rate?
    +1 to +5 100%! +6 to +8 50%! Otherwise it would be to easy.. The rest is ok..

• I'm for item not breaking. It'll make it easier in term of not having to start all over. Though I think NTL having that item breaking function is to have more item to sell/cash in with. Buying yourself a white stone can keep your item from breaking. So basically pay to win, well we all know DBO was pay to win. money event item op~, anyways I believe upgrading items to max should be the hardest thing so people have goals. Though In my opinion having an item you work hard for or payed for break. It's just to cruel, There's no reason why we can't just reset the rank of the item back to zero. That won't make it easier to upgrade. It'll just make it better for player to keep their item for regular usage.

Though if enough of you disagree and want item to break. We can find a solution in between. Like Instead of item breaking, item will get reset to 0 and also lose some base stats. like if it stats were str. 175,atksp 175. You pick break card, stats of item will decrease randomly by 1-5.

that would suck... loosing stats. DANG! Nah man i think just taking out item break would be fine. Unless you guys really wana loose stats on a weap. you might as well break my weap! The problem here is, alot of peeps want DOWNGRADE to be taken out comepletely and just freelance all the way to +15. I personally dont like that idea. Even if its really really hard to do, everyone is gaurenteed a +15 eventually.

Just the thought of walking around and seeing EVERYONE with that glove aura would make me puke. MUCH of the fun would be taken out. Upgrading is one of the thrills in DBO imo. It shouldnt be changed but...item breaking was a cash gimmick that the DBO world would NOT miss.

Maybe have white stone increase upgrade chance. Only if there was a way non cashers could get thier hands on them. Then that might calm everybody down.

..But thats up to the devs to decide.

• Upda

I don't think that is a good idea.. Set to 0 is hard but ok, but loosing Stats..? Thats like break for me!

to +8 armor or weapon , 100% rate?
    +1 to +5 100%! +6 to +8 50%! Otherwise it would be to easy.. The rest is ok..

Updated my post, also remember I said base stats. When you + an item you raise it stats. So it balance out, so it determines on luck. Though like I said it's an idea. We listen to the community. It seem our community can't decide between breaking item or just fail.

• best thing is what i say imo chek my thread.
    BTW i m not asking easy upgrade i m fine even with 1% sucess,i m just asking to remove downgrade
    u wanna hard way?i got other proposal
    for upgrade after +5 need 2 stones after +10 need 3 stones after +12 4 stones
    still better than downgrade

As I have seen in the topic, Almost everyone here want remove the break system. And that's good, we all have the right to keep our farmed items. If you lose the stats point will be the same of losing the item. The main topic is if keep the downgrade or not. I personally prefer keeping it maybe reducing it a little. Someone wants remove the break card and decrease the success % To avoid lose your progress. I could like that only if that % will be reduced by a lot like 2-3% success after +10... if people will get full +15, after 1-2 months, they will quit the game in my opinion..

• Or we could use a system of zeni gold sink. Where there is no break card, though we set a zeni upgrade price. So if you +5 item you want +6 it'll cost you say 500,000 zeni. Price of upgrade may be depended on level of the item, rarity of the item. Then zeni price will increase per +rank. Which will make it costly to upgrade it'll be harder to upgrade. Doing this will keep the market balance. Since if no item breaks from upgrading then good items will be more in high volume. So the function alone could drive the economy of the game. So player who are full geared have a reason to farm more gear to sell to other players. To get zeni to try to upgrade. Chance of failing sitll applies.

This isn't a bad idea, will remove the luck factor, and if you balance the price, could be ok. But this will completely remove the upgrade stones, and idk how it will incide in the economy. Like this, the zenies will go lose in the server, with the stones, there were the trade and the recicle with the other players balancing the economy.

• We listen to the community. It seem our community can't decide between breaking item or just fail.

Well i guess you are right here.. It is hard to decide, but i guess it can be testest in an other alpha or beta test.. I personally would keep the break card, with a downgrade chance from -1 to -5 and -0 to -2 if you use white stone! Make white stones drop from mops and everything will be ok..

• This isn't a bad idea, will remove the luck factor, and if you balance the price, could be ok. But this will completely remove the upgrade stones, and idk how it will incide in the economy. Like this, the zenies will go lose in the server, with the stones, there were the trade and the recicle with the other players balancing the economy.

i think he ment WITH upgrade stones + zeny

• We should make a thread with the choose aboutlose or no lose item if break. As I have seen in this topic, almost all agree in no losing the item. But with a dedicated thread we can seewhat people want better.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!