Upgrade System Discussion

• In Taiwan we made more them 300 boxes only in less them one month, because of events. And they sold for cash.
    So, again, you are trying to discuss like know more of the game with someone who play much more time them you. Sandu play since the Korean too.

And bro, don't say shit about Sabin. I play with him since Korean Alpha Test, much before HK. when HK come whe already play the game for almost 3 years, so, we know a lot more of the game and the atts that happens. And yes, 5 SK's already win easy with hit kills in Taiwan.

"In Taiwan we made more them 300 boxes only in less them one month, because of events. And they sold for cash"
    #Really? aww i didn't know that, what a great news... So if in TW they give free box here they will give too? of course yes! thats why we need remove them...

"So, again, you are trying to discuss like know more of the game with someone who play much more time them you"
    #I am repeating that again i played in TW but i move to HK because i had better ping here, you will play this game even 10 years but you will still show here your stupidy, i don't count how many years i played because even after 1 day i was better than you.

" play with him since Korean Alpha Test, much before HK. when HK come whe
    already play the game for almost 3 years, so, we know a lot more of the
    game and the atts that happens."
    #I don't care you and him can play this game even 10 years.

nbvnv.png

• 1 - Remove boxes.
    Don't care if they will not give for free or sell. It's a stupid item. This remove the value of good itens because people can take one crap item and turn into a good one. This never work in a MMO, just ruin the game, even if it's hard to get.

2 - Add a small drop chance for stone in TMQ and UD boss. This will make people play TMQs and UDs to farm stones, they will PLAY the fuckin game.

3 - Add money cost for the upgrade system. This will make more hard, and people will need to farm money too.

With 2 and 3, if the upgrade fail or broken, people will need to farm more stone and more money, so, guess what? PLAY MORE AND MORE THE GAME.
    The upgrade will not benefits lucky or cash, who farm more and try more will make the +15 itens, with difficult and hard work.

4 - Remove break itens and put that Broken put down to +0. White Stone will still be usefull. (they already did this one).

So that's what we are saying.
    We never talk about increase the upgrade chance or make easy to do.

• Ontopic: Im going to repeat myself cause his flames made this thread go on the wrong direction,

You guys are all putting the wagon before the horse. The game wasn't even released and we have no idea how class balance is going to play out.

Destroying items has to go. Its a very punishing mechanic that destroys the game economy (that and the random brown boxes). That doesnt mean the upgrade system should get easier and everyone will have +15. The devs can change the rates at will to make them harder or easier.

• Sabin.
    Look you can report that.
    But hey im watching the PARADISE Forum and the talking a lot of shit about my Guild and my mates but i dont flame them just Ignore and report.
    You can fight ingame when the game is Finished.

But dont Flame here on the Forum.

Thanks

When you thought you couldn`t beat me, you should have run.
    Never underestimate your Enemy.
    giphy.gif

• Sabin.
    Look you can report that.
    But hey im watching the PARADISE Forum and the talking a lot of shit about my Guild and my mates but i dont flame them just Ignore and report.
    You can fight ingame when the game is Finished.

But dont Flame here on the Forum.

Thanks

I agree. I said it a long time ago that if you have something to say, say it in-game when it comes out instead of causing a big fight in a thread about the Upgrade-Systems~ :thumbdown:

• "I just noticed you have a really hard time reading and understanding english at all. You should at least master basic understanding, having to explain
    myself because you dont know shit in english is annoying. Please avoid
    the english threads."
    #My english is still better than most of your portugaise friends and with them you don't have problem, this just show how fake you're, if i would be your friend you will probably never talk here about my english, this is funny and sad.

"Why are you even here?"
    #Because i like to enjoy every show.

"Break = destroy"
    #Break = card, succes = card, fail = card
    #Destroy = one of effect from break card.

"Taiwan and korean pvp were a lot more competitive. You couldnt even get into budokai with at least +13 gears on a full party"
    #Sure TW and KR the best servers with most strong players because you played here with your friends, also i am not sure if i would win kid budokai with my 70 lvl in TW or KR where playing hardcore players like you.

"Really? direct offense because you can't take criticism? What are you 12 years old?"
    #Yes in 2020 i will get 12

"When you started your character level 1, most of us were already playing DBO for 2 years."
    #And? how many times more you will repeat it? This argument is poor and stupid like the one about my "broken english"

"Actually, why do the mods even allow You to post anything here is beyond me"
    #Idk about what you talk but maybe because its discussion and no one need to agree with you? also members from your guild post here alot of shit, and mods can't survive it so no one will spend 10 minutes for read it, so proobably this thread will be locked soon.

• Just keep it the same succes rate like the official dbo (y) so u put alot time in it to have Good upgrades or everyone will have the same (items,upgraded) than the game will be not fun anymore in the real dbo i wasted alot of stones (whitestones) and others to have +15 pants gloves boots and a +13 axe /... and +10 body so it was Fun because you have a feeling like i did it ! in the hardway :)

• Most games nowadays have removed the option to lose your items while upgrading. That is because destroying something a player invested time is a terrible game design, and yet why did dbo do it?

DBO was a dying f2p game, yep. Everyone knew DBO(especially netmarble) would die in just a matter of time. It didnt have enough mechanics to be competitive in the korean mmo market. So the game was designed around making the most amount of money possible. That means the game had to be frustrating for the players, so they had to invest a lot of money to be competitive.So NTL had no option but create the break system and the box systems.

DBOG won't need that. There is no need to use those p2w mechanics. Boxes were needed because:
    1 - droping gears with the stats you want was impossible
    2 - Even if you drop them , there is a big chance they will break while upgrading.

So you'd do your upgrade in trash items and use the boxes to get the most desired stats. Meaning the devs would have a really hard time giving new gears to content with boxes around to mess that up.

Basically what happens when you have a break system and a box system:
    1- the devs release new content with amazing new gear for players to get
    2 - the players won't ever touch that content because they need +15 gears and it a lot smart to get trash gears from that content ( which you'd need to do it very little for that) and use the boxes to change the stats.
    3 - that way the players would never have to drop the gear they want.
    4 - The economy becomes dependent on those boxes, trash becomes gold and good +0 itens are never sold for being too expensive.

I do believe DBOG can survive very easilly with everything else dbo can offer in the cash store - DOGIs, inventory expanse , Dash flight , Fast Vehicles( make then faster then flight) ,reset books, reset names, reset guild names and so on.

• The box and upgrade system was fine. Yes you needed to cash if you wanted to change your item effects but you could also buy your items at the ah.
    And it wasn´t impossible to drop the items you need with the right effects. On tw i nearly dropped all of my equipment myself. You just need to farm farm and farm. DBO was an asian grinder and these kind of games are all the same. Cashers won´t farm much because they just want to do pvp and non cashers mostly liked to farm so everyone is happy. And there will be enough good items at the ah. There is really no need to change anything. And i really don´t like it that you want to take the fun from farming.

P.s. the boxes were really important for not "hardcore farmers" so daneos could make a lot of money if he sells them at the cash shop and daneos will really need the money. He works everyday (maybe even more then 8h each day) and i think he should make some money with dbo.

• The box and upgrade system was fine. Yes you needed to cash if you wanted to change your item effects but you could also buy your items at the ah.
    And it wasn´t impossible to drop the items you need with the right effects. On tw i nearly dropped all of my equipment myself. You just need to farm farm and farm. DBO was an asian grinder and these kind of games are all the same. Cashers won´t farm much because they just want to do pvp and non cashers mostly liked to farm so everyone is happy. And there will be enough good items at the ah. There is really no need to change anything. And i really don´t like it that you want to take the fun from farming.

P.s. the boxes were really important for not "hardcore farmers" so daneos could make a lot of money if he sells them at the cash shop and daneos will really need the money. He works everyday (maybe even more then 8h each day) and i think he should make some money with dbo.

I dont think you understood my point here. So I will make it more clear.
    Yes you can farm the gear with the stats you want, but it will be +0
    So now we need to put it +15 and it will break.
    Solution? Farm huge amount of useless gears , put it at least +13 +14 +15, use brown boxes and change the stat to what I want.
    I used the chinese forums of dbo quite a lot, they had huge amount of tutorials and one of them was how to get yourself nice +15 gears and that was the only method.
    Thats due to 2 reason. Its too risky to upgrade good gears because they will break and its much cheaper to upgrade useless items and use brown boxes.

Those 2 things together even changed the course of content DBO released.
    Before patch 70 every new patch DBO would release a new time machine quest and a New Ultimate dungeon.
    With patch 70 they released only CC floors and small dungeons. Why is that? Those small dungeons only droped acessories ( impossible to use the box and to upgrade) , the same with the cc floors( and later cc floors actually had Titles that are also impossible to upgrade/box).
    Any content adding new gear would be pointless at this point.

Let DBO how it was and everything is fine

Fine? DBO failed. At least we can make a better version of it.

• DBO didn´t failed. They was just trying to make money. And i understand your point of view but i think you don´t understand me. If you just farm bad items upgrade them and use boxes on them you will have a good equipment after a few months and after that it will be only pvp. There won´t be any need for farming anymore. That is not the purpose of an asian grinder. Dbo should be like how it was before. You just need to farm farm and farm maybe a few years maybe even more but not a few months or you just need to cash like crazy to get a really good equipment.
    And i really don´t want this pserver to be a pvp server like nearly every other pserver because these servers won´t last long.

• Fine? DBO failed. At least we can make a better version of it.

You can do what you want and make it better when you will open your own server, because now all what you can do is write post. If daneos will listen every suggestion the server will never start. Thanks to god that he listen no one, and he do what he think is right.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!