Upgrade System Discussion

• Dbo was never based on P2W, take for example +12 or +15 tickets etc, this was done to balance cashers with non cashers to cashers is also obvious, something else you could get almost the maximum of the attributes without spending money on anything game, for example casher could possibly get binds items with attributes like maximum 13 properties could also not cashers it was difficult could more, but 10 base used that not change much from 10 to 13.
    cash= equip fast and better, do not think it affected both, anyone could have a character above full +10.

• Dbo was never based on P2W, take for example +12 or +15 tickets etc, this was done to balance cashers with non cashers to cashers is also obvious, something else you could get almost the maximum of the attributes without spending money on anything game, for example casher could possibly get binds items with attributes like maximum 13 properties could also not cashers it was difficult could more, but 10 base used that not change much from 10 to 13.
    cash= equip fast and better, do not think it affected both, anyone could have a character above full +10.

3 Props makes a big difference.

• If it is to compare that way.
    near the max: 10 + 10 + 13 + 10 = 43
    max: 13 + 13 + 13 + 10 = 49

even though close to the maximum it will not affect you so much, although 6% change much.

• If it is to compare that way.

even though close to the maximum it will not affect you so much, although 6% change much.

Max for non cashers= 10 Earring + 10 Earring + 13 on kraken combo/14% on CC70 Rings + 8 props max lvl 70 rare Necklace :P= 41Props

Max props = 13 Earring + 13 Earring + 2 times CC70 rings 7% Wild dmg and 13 Focus (14 props+26 foc) +10 necklace = 50 Props

I think 9% could make a huge difference :/

• but back to the subject of cash, take the brown boxes of cash shop would mess up a lot, why not all are criançar to stay 24/7 farming to equip, people work.

that is just not true. Without brown boxes cashers will have a much easier time farming their gears.
    You, as a casher, can sell autopots, upgrade stones and dogi in the ah and use that money to buy your gear from the farmers. Its a win win situation,
    Since 90% of the forum here is from tw/hk , let me show these data to you guys

Tw/HK
    -A lot of boxes
    -Items prices were higher then 1 billion
    -Good gears never sell
    -+15 gear with op stats are very common
    - The AH economy was shitty and everyone had more then 1bi

Korean
    -Almost no boxes
    - Item prices were 30 million at most
    - You could sell good gears to anyone in the AH
    -+15 gears with good stats are something special for the good players
    - economy was healthy and people would rarelly reach 1bi.

What kind of dbo do you guys prefer to play? Well pick the first one if you support boxes and second if you dont.

• this is just wrong, and i mean completely wrong, korean players used to box as much as TW/HK, the reason korean prices were very low its because the player base was also low therefore the item demand was very low, this has nothing to do with boxes, boxes were actually a good thing, it was hard enough to get armor pieces from TMQ let alone have good stats, if the admins decide to remove brown boxes of the game its going to be almost impossible to have decent equipment plus the inflation is going to surpass TW's

• mes C

Quoted from "Kyra一亀"

Dbo was never based on P2W, take for example +12 or +15 tickets etc, this was done to balance cashers with non cashers to cashers is also obvious, something else you could get almost the maximum of the attributes without spending money on anything game, for example casher could possibly get binds items with attributes like maximum 13 properties could also not cashers it was difficult could more, but 10 base used that not change much from 10 to 13.
    3 Props makes a big difference.

If it is to compare that way.

Max for non cashers= 10 Earring + 10 Earring + 13 on kraken combo/14% on CC70 Rings + 8 props max lvl 70 rare Necklace = 41Props

Max props = 13 Earring + 13 Earring + 2 times CC70 rings 7% Wild dmg and 13 Focus (14 props+26 foc) +10 necklace = 50 Props

I think 9% could make a huge difference :/

yeah bro xd
    over 10% of the aura CC 150
    I forgot necklaces lol
    yes these 9% was too, but did not affect the non-cashers much, you could have a character op without being so casher did not affect much.

• yeah bro xd
    over 10% of the aura CC 150
    I forgot necklaces lol
    yes these 9% was too, but did not affect the non-cashers much, you could have a character op without being so casher did not affect much.

Sorry, my bad about necklace. Thought we were only talking about accessories ... the difference between non cashers and cashers is 12props. (3props on dogi, cash only.)

• this is just wrong, and i mean completely wrong, korean players used to box as much as TW/HK, the reason korean prices were very low its because the player base was also low therefore the item demand was very low, this has nothing to do with boxes, boxes were actually a good thing, it was hard enough to get armor pieces from TMQ let alone have good stats, if the admins decide to remove brown boxes of the game its going to be almost impossible to have decent equipment plus the inflation is going to surpass TW's

nop, Boxes in korean server only got very common by the end of its life. Boxes were never a thing in DBO( I've been playing it since release) and the prices were always like that since release ( which the player base was huge). You are probably a very new player to DBO and have never seem DBO before boxes, but trust me, It was a much better game.
    As I said before, the problem with patch 70 were the boxes itself, they only released cc floors and small dungeons.
    And again, good gears won't be a problem as long as the developers remove the option to break the gear ( which they already did btw).
    All they really had to do was remove the Bind on Acquire the CC gear has , allowing cashers to buy that from the AH

• nop, Boxes in korean server only got very common by the end of its life. Boxes were never a thing in DBO( I've been playing it since release) and the prices were always like that since release ( which the player base was huge). You are probably a very new player to DBO and have never seem DBO before boxes, but trust me, It was a much better game.
    As I said before, the problem with patch 70 were the boxes itself, they only released cc floors and small dungeons.
    And again, good gears won't be a problem as long as the developers remove the option to break the gear ( which they already did btw).
    All they really had to do was remove the Bind on Acquire the CC gear has , allowing cashers to buy that from the AH

nop, Boxes in korean server only got very common by the end of its life. Boxes were never a thing in DBO( I've been playing it since release) and the prices were always like that since release ( which the player base was huge). You are probably a very new player to DBO and have never seem DBO before boxes, but trust me, It was a much better game.

i guess you are referring to silver boxes, if so then yes they were very rare, actually im not sure silver boxes existed at all, anyways i started playing very early in 2011, when boxes were introduced they were rather common to the point that random korean player would box my items for free if i ask them, as i stated before, boxes were a good thing, they allowed players to access good items that otherwise they could never afford
    imo, theres no need to remove the broken card as long as white stones become obtainable by hunting mobs with a decent rate

• i guess you are referring to silver boxes, if so then yes they were very rare, actually im not sure silver boxes existed at all, anyways i started playing very early in 2011, when boxes were introduced they were rather common to the point that random korean player would box my items for free if i ask them, as i stated before, boxes were a good thing, they allowed players to access good items that otherwise they could never afford
    imo, theres no need to remove the broken card as long as white stones become obtainable by hunting mobs with a decent rate

But on the other hand it destroys the economy, any good gear that could be sold in the AH won't as people will be looking for cheap gear to use boxes.
    Boxes are good when you can use to change the cc stats, but what if we could farm those stats and sell them in the AH to people that will buy them and won't be afraid of them breaking ( cause they will also buy white stones) . Bang, you have a healthy economy where cashers and non-cashers alike can play and have fun.

• I agree brown boxes should be removed, dbo was the single game I know you could be a top pvp player without do pve xD. Only need to increase drop of good items in tmqs/uds bosses and put a daily/weekly limit to that, about CC dungeon items i dont know, maybe make boxes available to use only in those items, because this way ull be doing pve when going to get such items

• Tw/HK
    -A lot of boxes
    -Items prices were higher then 1 billion
    -Good gears never sell
    -+15 gear with op stats are very common
    - The AH economy was shitty and everyone had more then 1bi

I make this plain and simple... TW part - right! HK part - Bullshit!!! HK had very good economy! It just went up a few weeks before servers closed.. And brown boxes where not a bad thing (no i'm not a casher!), silver boxes ok - not really needed, but still it took you lot of luck to get the right stats you wanted, some of my guild mates spend alot of money on that! Money that DBOG Team will need! So i would keep them! Atleast the brown ones! KR economy was low, because no one played this anymore after TW and HK opend servers!
    It is waaay off-topic here..
    Upgrade system without destroying item is fine! Just remove the +15 and +12 tickets(exept the 2 day +12 in gift box) and we are good! White stone should drop very rare..

• KR economy was low, because no one played this anymore after TW and HK opend servers!

Not true. KR economy has been that way even before tw/hk were released.
    A lot of players still played KR, Of course the foreign community all went to tw/hk because korean version required authentication, but lets not forget the natives. Koreans still played dbo and even some foreigners remained there. In fact Kr was a little bit more populated then HK, with taiwan being the most popular for obvious reasons.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!