Upgrade System Discussion

• Did it twice, and words cannot describe the amount of anxiety that occurs whilst upgrading... would be nice for that to subside. I like the idea of it not destroying the item. There'd be no need for white stones, in my opinion, with the new upgrade plans of returning to +0 upon breaking.

• Did it twice, and words cannot describe the amount of anxiety that occurs whilst upgrading... would be nice for that to subside. I like the idea of it not destroying the item. There'd be no need for white stones, in my opinion, with the new upgrade plans of returning to +0 upon breaking.

True. I like that idea as much as you. Not worrying about the weapon breaking would really save a lot of trouble and anxiety cause when you get that one bad :censored: weapon you wanted and it breaks, the anger you would feel. My word~

• return to +0 is better than break weapon! Maybe white stone can be modified a bit.. If i remember it had -3 to -6 if you had a white stone and got "break". I think -1 to -3 would be enough.. I wouldn't completely remove the "Break" card..

• why u all like that much downgrade?
    for fuc,k sake why i need lose something i earned?
    @kiera i like ytour idea but remove downgrade part...i really dont understand why u all want downgrade...come on we all hate it...i already know ppl will cry leater....noooo i was have +10 and have +4 now....seriously this will make ppl quit...i m the only one that dislike downgrade?well is first game that i heard a item can be downgraded or lost...just remove this function please...downgrade is gay...i prefer try 20 times and get always fail than downgrade and more success chance...i hope danoes will do like this

• why u all like that much downgrade?
    for fuc,k sake why i need lose something i earned?
    @kiera i like ytour idea but remove downgrade part...i really dont understand why u all want downgrade...come on we all hate it...i already know ppl will cry leater....noooo i was have +10 and have +4 now....seriously this will make ppl quit...i m the only one that dislike downgrade?well is first game that i heard a item can be downgraded or lost...just remove this function please...downgrade is gay...i prefer try 20 times and get always fail than downgrade and more success chance...i hope danoes will do like this

theres got to be a good chance chance you wont win, its too easy that way. would make upgrading boring.what do you think this is? aura kingdom? get that @#$! outta here. trust me blaka, i want no downgrade as much as the next guy but its part of the game.you gotta take risks if u wana get stronger mate.

• boaring? LOL
    so its funny to downgrade items?well im stupid then because when item brake i use to quit from game for 3-4 days then cashing hard for get it again and be able do things i was do before...well lets hope someone will sell itms then cuz i will not even try upgrade if is downgrade

• I'm one of the guys who literally hates the broken card. But I don't want to remove it. Yes, it suks, but that was also the reason because there were only few people with perfect gear. If you completely remove the card, first or later, almost all will get 15. Like this, you can buy 50 blue, and you'll get +15 almost for sure -.- I vote for this: the max downgrade will be -3, NO LOSE WEAPON (that was really bad because how you play if you lose your best weap?), and if you break with whites it should always be -1. Fails, should be +0 as it was. Fix the %!! It wasn't for sure 33% each card. And maybe increase the pure drop %... Like this it should be ok And balanced. Everyone could prefer remove the downgrade, but isn't balanced, and in my opinion, people has to be "scary" when is going to upgrade :P even we are going to cry, that give the fun to the game! XD

Ps: in aion too there is the downgrade, even if there, the upgrade is much easier till +10.

• I'm one of the guys who literally hates the broken card. But I don't want to remove it. Yes, it suks, but that was also the reason because there were only few people with perfect gear. If you completely remove the card, first or later, almost all will get 15. Like this, you can buy 50 blue, and you'll get +15 almost for sure -.- I vote for this: the max downgrade will be -3, NO LOSE WEAPON (that was really bad because how you play if you lose your best weap?), and if you break with whites it should always be -1. Fails, should be +0 as it was. Fix the %!! It wasn't for sure 33% each card. And maybe increase the pure drop %... Like this it should be ok And balanced. Everyone could prefer remove the downgrade, but isn't balanced, and in my opinion, people has to be "scary" when is going to upgrade :P even we are going to cry, that give the fun to the game! XD

Ps: in aion too there is the downgrade, even if there, the upgrade is much easier till +10.

I agree with that!
    Fixed my ealier post! Of course i don't want the break card to be out.. Mistake by me..

• Didn't read that message, this is also good. The only things that I don't agree are:
    1-The pure success rate should be 33% each result, since we are going to use a pure.
    2-Break with a white will downgrade only by 1 or max 2, To give the sense in using them... This isn't easy, because whites are expansive, and a downgrade of 1-2 after +10, is already a pain in the ass. If you downgrade of 6, is almost the same that you lose your weapon.

• i can remove the breaking , but make u fail 999 times at +10 if u want breaking that much its the same result , u ll get stuck at that point but atleast i dont take ur CC item or legend ..

but first of all why u guys dont like to upgrade system to be fair?

• i can remove the breaking , but make u fail 999 times at +10 if u want breaking that much its the same result , u ll get stuck at that point but atleast i dont take ur CC item or legend ..

but first of all why u guys dont like to upgrade system to be fair?

First, as I said I hate the upgrade for the broken card. But it was also the thing that gave the fun. Ofc if you remove the broken card and decrease the success rate under the 2-3% it will give almost the same result in balance, and will remove the feel of losing your progress. This will completely change all the upgrade system, but that's a good thing. Good balance, without getting mad. But this will happen only if you consider that the stones will have the same price. I think that if the success rate will be so low, the price of the upgrade stones, will decrease too, and maybe buy 999 u70 red, will be easy.

• First, as I said I hate the upgrade for the broken card. But it was also the thing that gave the fun. Ofc if you remove the broken card and decrease the success rate under the 2-3% it will give almost the same result in balance, and will remove the feel of losing your progress. This will completely change all the upgrade system, but that's a good thing. Good balance, without getting mad. But this will happen only if you consider that the stones will have the same price. I think that if the success rate will be so low, the price of the upgrade stones, will decrease too, and maybe buy 999 u70 red, will be easy.

this is a PVP game more then anything and gears are important , we care about keeping the challenge and show true pvp skills not diffrence in gears right thats the fun all players want , wich is good experience .. struggling to collect good items and upgrading is also part of it
    no one said by removing breaking it will be vanilla game , its harder to certain logical extent and keep players progress

keeping players progress in any mmo is needed , loosing item after 1-2 month of farming is just ..insane so i guess we are all aproving that
    now making ppl attein +15 gears isnt all that bad it have advantage more then disadvantage but as i said it wont be easy to do it
    if u want change the upgrade system for the better , u must put on the table everything that is related to it mainly "drop rates of stones & succes rates"
    theese 2 works together , high drop rates low succes rates or low drop rates but okay succes rates , theese need be donne with tests on CBT

what i tried say in nutshell , lets make dbo a progress style game where hardcore true players can realy finnaly show themselves no more lucky stuff and P2W
    achieving +15 on all armors will take months and making crazy Tournement and Wars like that
    havin diffrent winners each week cuz everyone will be equal in their gears and diffrent in their skills
    no need to make ppl rage quit of breaking items or getting stuck into an endless cycle that Kr genre games do

• Quoted from "Kiera"

theres never not gonna be a downgrade system in dbo man, im sorry but thats how it is.

Everyone would be running around with +15 if there were no risk. Might as well get rid of the upgrade system entirely if we're all going to be equal anyway.

whats wrong being equal in gears ?? u guys are used to P2W games alot

• Everyone would be running around with +15 if there were no risk. Might as well get rid of the upgrade system entirely if we're all going to be equal anyway. :thumbdown:

upgrade system is for progress and better stats , farming and strugglin achieving high grades
    just like any other successful games , Tera has Upgrade system without breaks

(lol its rhymes)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!