Transformations

• Either you didn't kill the right mobs, you didn't kill enough mobs to ensure you would get at least one. Or plain and simple. You just got unlucky? It's a game of percentages. The only reason it's easy to get loads is classes with AoE skills can round up and take down entire camps of enemies which increases the chance of more DB mobs spawning. I'm a Dende and got 15 in the second event. That's with only 1 AoE at my disposal.
    You have to pick a nice area and farm over and over again so you find as many DB mobs as possible and hope you get lucky. You could kill 100 and not get a single ball or you could kill 6 and get 7, It's percentage based. not a set "you kill this many you get one"

if i was going to tell you how unlucky i am in this game there is basicly the smallest thing i could find challenging. if everything is based on luck in this game i might as well just give up because worse luck then me is impossible to get

• if i was going to tell you how unlucky i am in this game there is basicly the smallest thing i could find challenging. if everything is based on luck in this game i might as well just give up because worse luck then me is impossible to get

It's basically the only thing in DBO that happens. You have a chance of getting anything everywhere. The Upgrade stones, superior, excellent, rare, legendary gears, Dragonballs Etc. if you don't like to grind or farm then this game really isn't for you :/

• It's basically the only thing in DBO that happens. You have a chance of getting anything everywhere. The Upgrade stones, superior, excellent, rare, legendary gears, Dragonballs Etc. if you don't like to grind or farm then this game really isn't for you :/

here's just the worst example ever. i had 300 cp left. used it all on my +12 gloves, couldn't even get +13. that is just sad, i'll never get something as +15 even with tokens

• if they're so "easy" to get, then how come i got none?

Well,YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!
    If your a low level just find a DB with a level same as you or 5 levels higher than you.
    or if you're a level 70. just use a level 10 character or any lower level character. Dual Client you know??
    Check this link: Duel Client Question
    Thats what I did in DBO TW.
    And I still manage to get 4 DB in every event.
    5% is enough and really high drop rate.
    Even my guild mate manage to get 10 DB and Get that blank Dragonball they were selling right now.
    And also, Daneos decisions about this server is best for everyone. Not for just a few.

"How come I got none?"
    I don't know?? DB hunting is not for people who have less patience on what they were dealing with.
    SO DEAL WITH IT!!!
    and have patience. :thumbsup::thumbup::rolleyes:

• ik wtf dual clienting is. that wasn't the main issue here, nor can i help how much drops sux for me. i played already 2 hours that day with a lvl 44 fighter (no drops) the problem is not that i don't know how to do it. i have plenty of stories about how much bad luck i got in this game and there is more on it's way. i'm not doing anything wrong. i even did research about this back when the game was shutdown. how i should find dbs and what i should need for that hunt. a mob that was supposed to drop a db didn't even drop the fkn ball. i got so upset and gave up the last 10 mins

• ik wtf dual clienting is. that wasn't the main issue here, nor can i help how much drops sux for me. i played already 2 hours that day with a lvl 44 fighter (no drops) the problem is not that i don't know how to do it. i have plenty of stories about how much bad luck i got in this game and there is more on it's way. i'm not doing anything wrong. i even did research about this back when the game was shutdown. how i should find dbs and what i should need for that hunt. a mob that was supposed to drop a db didn't even drop the fkn ball. i got so upset and gave up the last 10 mins

There is no such thing as a mob that is "supposed to drop a dragonball" each DB mobs presents you the possibility of it perhaps dropping one when killed. if you actually look at Daneos' Event thread. each regular DB mob only has a 5% chance to drop a DB when you kill it. The stronger in terms of rank Super, ultra etc. have higher chances.

If you only kilned like 3 DB mobs then you only had a 5% chance to get one dragonball 3 times.

You don't gave up in finding Dragonball. Your not suppose to.
    If you have so much badluck in DBOG, I can't imagine you in DBO TW. Although DBO TW gives plenty of free stuff. But still. DBO TW DB drop rate is lower than here. I even manage to get 2 DB in 2 minutes "TWICE" that means four here in DBOG.

And yeah, This game really is based on luck. everything is luck. Except for CP.
    anyway, Don't Give Up!
    Goku did not gave up!!!

• I don't know why people think that it isn't harder to get DBs when you are at a higher lvl.
    DBs seem like Upgrade Stones to me, the more you lvl up, the less you can get.

I went with my lvl 56 SK and got 1 DB in the first hunt. Went with my lvl 70 SM and got none. In the second hunt I went with my lvl 40 Karma and got all 7 with 30 minutes to spare. I went with my SM again... and I got 1. In 30 minutes, my Karma had 4 DragonBalls.

This isn't that HUGE of an issue to me, but since so many people find it crucial to fix, then why not!

• I havent done the dbog db hunt

but what i did in old was just goto an area crawling with monsters, mass kill mobs and wait for spawns, first try gave me about 18 balls with crane

that should be even easier in dbog given how fast they spawn now, its almost crazy

Edit: she was about 44-45ish so thats prob why tho

• I don't know why people think that it isn't harder to get DBs when you are at a higher lvl.
    DBs seem like Upgrade Stones to me, the more you lvl up, the less you can get.

I went with my lvl 56 SK and got 1 DB in the first hunt. Went with my lvl 70 SM and got none. In the second hunt I went with my lvl 40 Karma and got all 7 with 30 minutes to spare. I went with my SM again... and I got 1. In 30 minutes, my Karma had 4 DragonBalls.

This isn't that HUGE of an issue to me, but since so many people find it crucial to fix, then why not!

The thing is there's nothing to fix. all mobs ranks have the same exact chance to drop the dragonballs. If you're killing regular non super or ultra mobs, then each DB mob you kill has a 5% chance to give you a ball.

Higher levels are finding it 'harder' because they can't kill as many or as fast due to the higher mobs having higher attack stats or health.

I'm level 66 and when i was level 64 i got 15 in the 2 hour period. it's strategy and luck,, not unfairness due to level difficulties. All i did was use the beach at the bottom of papaya island and kept killing all of the mobs in one area and walking up the beach along the shore killing every mobs as fast as i could and when i hit the part with the witch doctor and saibaman mobs i flew back down to the part with the grass and repeated. I know for sure i got lucky to get a whooping 15 but i also know that i earned at least a few of them due to the amount of DB mobs i made appear and killed.

I havent done the dbog db hunt

but what i did in old was just goto an area crawling with monsters, mass kill mobs and wait for spawns, first try gave me about 18 balls with crane

that should be even easier in dbog given how fast they spawn now, its almost crazy

Essentially. exactly this, it's not hard to do. just you need to know your limits and find a decent area. of which there are tons in every map.

• if this game is only based on luck i wonder why i've been waiting 3 years for this game to come back

Nostalgia, You like the franchise, you wanted to find old friends or you simply enjoyed yourself and wanted to do so again?

Either way the game is exactly the same as in retail (tW) but with higher chances of getting things (minus the bugs that have yet to be worked out) so either you're just impatient and want everything at once or you're just moaning and picking holes for arguments sake? i don't know.

What i do know is that this is a thread about discussing the transformations and subsequently how to obtain them (which includes getting dragonballs) if what we say is not about that then you shouldn't be replying here. if you wish to make a thread about how you used to like this game but now do not or how you are so unlucky or even have suggestions on how to increase your 'luck' (which you can't by the way. you can only improve your strategy) then find or make another thread :thumbsup:

• yeah, i wont tell anyone my area cuz i plan to go there this weekend, but there are a fk-ton of areas, one is actually right next to korin

however i might be remembering wrong but, wasnt the DB on two days sunday and saturday? why is it just one now?

• yeah, i wont tell anyone my area cuz i plan to go there this weekend, but there are a fk-ton of areas, one is actually right next to korin
    however i might be remembering wrong but, wasnt the DB on two days sunday and saturday? why is it just one now?

It's was for 2 hours 2 times each on both Thursday and Sunday/Saturday depending on your location.

And the event has been restricted to just 2 bouts of 2 hours a week now because the DB drop rate has been just over doubled in relation to TW rates. It's very easy to get them in this setup providing we do as we have been :)

• Nostalgia, You like the franchise, you wanted to find old friends or you simply enjoyed yourself and wanted to do so again?
    Either way the game is exactly the same as in retail (tW) but with higher chances of getting things (minus the bugs that have yet to be worked out) so either you're just impatient and want everything at once or you're just moaning and picking holes for arguments sake? i don't know.

What i do know is that this is a thread about discussing the transformations and subsequently how to obtain them (which includes getting dragonballs) if what we say is not about that then you shouldn't be replying here. if you wish to make a thread about how you used to like this game but now do not or how you are so unlucky or even have suggestions on how to increase your 'luck' (which you can't by the way. you can only improve your strategy) then find or make another thread :thumbsup:

luck, strategy. wish you could be in my world and see real unluck from my perspective. that is literally the shittiest place you'll ever visit

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!