Best Class for Beginner?

• So, I'm not that new to DBO. I've played the TW ver. but I never got a feel for it. It was just a jump in and mess around type of thing. But I've been wondering what is a good class to start out with. Granted I already have a Fighter and Turtle, but their builds are really bad. This thread is mostly aiming at the Open Beta which gives me a lot of time to prep.

Classes I've used:
    - Fighter
    - Swordsman (TW //I didn't know what I was doing)
    - Turtle Hermit

Note: I have looked at builds, but I don't know how to play as these classes well. How the setup should be coordinated.
    I, also have wonder how the economy works on the server. [I do use Cash, but I'm wondering for people who can't purchase or reload.]

• If you are a solo player I'd highly recommend Ultimate Majin, just because the buffs he got makes you ultimate

Ulti is a double-edged sword IMO. Yeah you got the buffs, but as spins don't work, and I can only guess they will be available in their nerfed version (only time will tell). So good buffs, but hard leveling which can be a bit discouraging.

Shadow Knight

Dark Warrior

I'd pick SK because of their versatility, although Sendoku has shown us that - at this state of the game at least - DWs can do it all.

My personal choice would be pick a Wonder majin and discover if you want to go karma or plasma while you get to 30. I've heard plasmas are kinda nerfed atm, but both are excellent choices.

The thing is, humans should be the most straight-forward classes, so I'm afraid that the playstyle of nameks and majins (with a more diverse perspective in terms of buffs and debuffs) might have the wrong effect on you.

I think you should tell us a bit more about your mmo experience (if you have any) or at least your playstyle préférences in similar games in order to give you a proper piece of advice.

Aru

EDIT: Also maybe show us your current builds for your fighter and your turtle so as to tell you if they are actually bad, which were your mistakes, and what you should focus in.

• I mentioned spins because of the leveling mostly. After reading the original post, I am guessing @SelectiveCopy is looking for something a bit more user-friendly in all the stages of the game, not only endgame.

I've figured for myself that Karma Majin is pretty newbie friendly, especially in the early game due to serene grace and the lockdown abilities. However, It's not that outstanding in PvE until you unlock Kid Boo, so maybe the thread creator might want to try it out!

• I've played a ton of MMOs over a period time. I have to admit being a DPS is not as fun as being a tank. But I like being a tank combined slightly with AOE. Which is why I'm currently looking at Nameks more, I'm watching one Sendoku's videos and Dark Warrior seems very nice to me. But I still don't know what these classes are listed as. I know that Majins technically are buffers, Nameks look like tanks, and Humans are DPS. That's my guess.

• I've played a ton of MMOs over a period time. I have to admit being a DPS is not as fun as being a tank. But I like being a tank combined slightly with AOE. Which is why I'm currently looking at Nameks more, I'm watching one Sendoku's videos and Dark Warrior seems very nice to me. But I still don't know what these classes are listed as. I know that Majins technically are buffers, Nameks look like tanks, and Humans are DPS. That's my guess.

Tank = Dark Warrior and Shadow Knight

DW are seen as the full tank class more pve oriented, but as you've seen Sendoku and some other DWs have managed to get some results in PvP.

SK is seen as the versatile tank: has good defense and LP, but also deals good damage with the bleed skill Bold Strike. A lot of success in Pvp in retail DBO, and also used as tank in PvE situations.

DW have more AoEs, and should be able to aggro more, but SKs can also tank and handle mobs without that much trouble.

I think that's where you have to choose!

• I highly recommend Turtle Hermit. I level'd so quick with my hermit....and 1 shotted almost everything. Game got so easy I had to play on my fighter because I wouldn't get touched lmao

But that's just my opinion ;p

Edit: Oh, and dw/sk is good too (Namek Warrior)

• Turtle, ezpz.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!