Make SOL and STR useful again!

• yeh it prob affects classes differently my ma gets 1.5 enegy attk.

Still quite bad, +1 to a lvl 30 SubWeapon gives you a +10 on both E.Attack and Energy Attack, so it is quite useless to say that 5 or more Soul = +1 Pink Stone :(
    Maybe if 1 Soul gave a +5 or +10, they would be much more useful, and Plasma will probably enjoy getting 17 SOUL level 42 Armor (I think it was 42) on every piece of armor and weapon/Subweapon Which will total out to 85 Soul or 425/850 Energy Attack, that would actually be nice for Plasmas, Karmas probably still need to get FOC for their awesome debuffs!

• Still quite bad, +1 to a lvl 30 SubWeapon gives you a +10 on both E.Attack and Energy Attack, so it is quite useless to say that 5 or more Soul = +1 Pink Stone :( Maybe if 1 Soul gave a +5 or +10, they would be much more useful, and Plasma will probably enjoy getting 17 SOUL level 42 Armor (I think it was 42) on every piece of armor and weapon/Subweapon Which will total out to 85 Soul or 425/850 Energy Attack, that would actually be nice for Plasmas, Karmas probably still need to get FOC for their awesome debuffs!

poko lol they get like 100soul from their skill tree but pokos are mostly know for attk speed%.

• poko lol they get like 100soul from their skill tree but pokos are mostly know for attk speed%.

Yeah, but still Even if people say it is unfair, well, that's why stats are there!

Stats are made for people to max them out and look very OP in one attribute of the game.
    Fighters MAX their DEX all the time, Cranes regularly go to MAX their FOC.
    I hope if any change would happen to SOL and STR, the change can make people consider them long enough to actually MAX them out on certain classes!

• first of all, its *frod, you piece of shit.

Now, about fighter and SM, you said:

SM: land more crits
    Fighters: better dmg with crits.

Say the DEX has crit rate instead of STR which balances it with SM passive crit rate. Now both will land about equal crits right? So, now fighters will do more crits as well as better crits as you said. Is it what you call balanced?

Do you think the FOC in SM is balancing the DEX with fighters? If fighters stack DEX with gear, do you think SM stacking FOC to be able to land hits is a good idea?

And what about the damage of needle? And thunder speed? Don't you think fighter has other good stuff instead of that passive crit? SMs only got crit. And with current STR, they are shit.

Ima just ask you this: are both classes balanced with current DEX and their skills?

• how dare u call me a piece of shit frogturtle
    i agree that needles do more dmg but fighters need some form of crit rate
    to balance that either remove the 50% crit dmg they if they land a crit from behind to 20% crit dmg if they land a crit from behind.??

i mean if Dan changes str to give crits again wouldnt SM get 1 crit rate buff, 1 crit rate passive, 70str. all they would hve to do is follow wat Kiwinskk did and wear all con, we dont want a DPS running around acting like a mini tank. i also know that fighters can tank with this dex giving crits. the main thing that should happen here is REBLANCE EVERYTHING CUZ DBO IS WAY OF BALANCE.

• Hi everyone. This is Marlboro.

I wanna know Why dodge is not work of skills. This is a biggest problem currently.

And nobody talk about damage caculation.

I think All user are over power. Because Glove or Staff + sub weapon damage = Total damage.

even auto attack, basic job's skills, Master class skills.

This game is not shooting game.

And I dont think Speed Fighter will good.

Dash lag and bug, lacation lag and bug make auto attack hard.

and samll bug.

When rank battle 1 or 2 round you hitted by turtle reduce speed curse and die.

reduce speed curse effect still remaining next round.

• I agree, nor the damage nor the defenses are correct, nor the attack speed is worth using, the slow is the natural worst enemy for fighters.

To avoid getting slowed dont buff yourself starting the fight, just dash and immediatly + quick attack, then 1 buff or charge RP and KD to avoid losing the kidney shot stun. However everything will be fixed i hope, pvp it's worth nothing actually.

• Yeah, but still Even if people say it is unfair, well, that's why stats are there!
    Stats are made for people to max them out and look very OP in one attribute of the game.
    Fighters MAX their DEX all the time, Cranes regularly go to MAX their FOC.
    I hope if any change would happen to SOL and STR, the change can make people consider them long enough to actually MAX them out on certain classes!

Wow. That is a good fucking point.

Every class should have its stat they should max on.

Fighter- Dex
    Turtle - Sol
    Swordsmen- Str
    SK- Con
    (Idk much about maijins or dendes, never played them) but, I do agree with that, b4 da $$.

• Global Update Thread

• I never stated that DEX will give DMG%....
    I said STR will give DMG%

• Just let it as the original DBO

That sounds a little boring don't you agree?
    If someone is remaking the game, but they won't change anything about it, how will the game be unique compared to DBO.
    I played DBO TW for about 2 years (not totally 2 years though), and I know how much people hated STR and SOL. No one who understood what they do went "Ouh they seem useful!".
    We are just making a suggestion here :)

• I just agree a bit with swordmik, Focus on sword giving energy crit is kinda useless and hard to make an build. Sword have 17 crit passive but fighters have 50 dex, thats close to the sword crit, and they even dodge more. I want to build dex on my sword but i won't Dodge like a fighter, and build Focus but for what? Hit rate for mobs? Energy crit for phys attacks?

• (If I sound mean here...I am NOT!)
    Well,
    1- There is a very cool thing known as Energy Swordsman, you should try it.
    2- It is 54 DEX from passive... and that is not ever CLOSE to 17 Crit Hit Rate. It is only 8.4 Crit Hit rate...which is later reduced to 8 by the system automatically. (That is less than a Half!)
    3- Both SM and Fighter have a buff that increases DEX by 26, so that gets out of the equation.
    4- Fighters are just made to have more Dodge than any other class, otherwise they wouldn't make Bitter Tea.
    5- Swordsman is the better all rounded class VS. Fighters. Although Speed Fighters are very Powerful, a lvl 60 SM with CD Earrings will have most likely a 3-4 Second Burning Attack Cooldown which is horrifyingly powerful in PVE hunting (Serves them well in the last 10 lvls)

• I have noticed in many MMOs and MOBAs through the years that crit rate and crit damage always cause an unbalance.

I believe the secret is to balance crit rate and damage to do the same amount as non crit rate and damage focused builds. This can be done by either nerfing crit damage or crit rate or both to where the devs and community believes it is not overpowered.

Easier said than done. Either give everyone a viable crit build AND non-crit build. Or increase the risked involved for playing a crit dependent class by nerfing base damages of said class/s.

Anyway I'm still mad impressed by what the devs have done with this game. Good job guys.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!