*Updated Nov 23 2018*ENGLISH GUIDE FOR A CRANE HERMIT

• Personally i'd take Searing Crane and Fiery Shout down to 1 SP each as they both don't have much use outside of PvE. Even then Searing Crane takes 4 seconds to cast and then you have to wait for the animation. all that time the mobs will be attacking you. Not worth it in my opinion.

Fiery shout has decent Area and range but you'd really only use it to bring in mobs from afar that you don't want to risk getting hit when you run between them to gather into one group.

I would put the removed SP into Crane Cyclone to use along side Mystical Crane Typhoon. both do decent damage while inflicting good Bleed DoT.

Energy Heat Wave sounds like it might be good but in reality all it's going to do is make the mobs hit by confusion auto attack you (which they're doing anyway) if you're taking on a Super, Ultra, Boss, or Hero mob you'll do better loading them up with a dodon ray, the crane cyclone and typhoon and then freezing and sleeping them.

I'd throw an extra SP into Resist It as you'll need it for stopping things like stun or confusion on yourself more frequently.

with your leftover 5 SP i would suggest investing them into wither regular Dodon ray or Tri-Beam Cannon. If you intend to go into PvP i'd pick Tri-Beam. you'll be able to cast it when/if you put your opponent to sleep for that last bit of extra damage before your DoTs run out. The regular Dodon Ray is a fast to use skill that hits in a straight line which can take a good chunk of health out of your enemies that are in a line :)

What should I work on in THIS build?

• What should I work on in THIS build?

PVE: Take 2 SP from Searing Crane and the 5 from Energy Heat Wave and 1 from the Master Fan Out (not made for PVE, because it is only used for KD)), and put them into Dodon Ray and anything of your choosing(recommendation from 2 friends regarding that build)
    PVP: All your physical Attacks don't really matter, so you can take them off to max Dodon Ray and Gut Buster!

• So this build is what you're suggesting I should use? And is this a pve,pvp, or hybrid build?

PVE: Take 2 SP from Searing Crane and the 5 from Energy Heat Wave and 1 from the Master Fan Out (not made for PVE, because it is only used for KD)), and put them into Dodon Ray and anything of your choosing(recommendation from 2 friends regarding that build)PVP: All your physical Attacks don't really matter, so you can take them off to max Dodon Ray and Gut Buster!

What would you recommend if I were to use a hybrid build?

• so ive been testing the old build and just found out that destructo disk is better than dodon but theres no SP added on destructo disks on any of the builds that you are suggesting or i could be opening a link for a different build, id like to see the updated build please :)

• Poison Bleed: does some state damage and inflicts poison damage to your opponent with a 2 sec cast time.

Just a short nudge: is it still 2 seconds cast time? In the game it says 1 second.

Nonetheless: really great guide. I liked it before and I like it even more now. Your testing clearly shows that there's still room for improvement for cranes. I simply can't get over that fact that more or les every single DoT regardless of SP spent does around 900-950 damage.

Especially spells like Solid Bleed suffer from this. 7 additional SP to gain 219 damage per tick? 4 SP for 77 more damage per tick on Double Bleed? 5 SP for 77 more damage on Dodon Ray? T

Those things are really, really off-putting in my opinion.

• its 1 second charge roughly another second for it to hit target

• so ive been testing the old build and just found out that destructo disk is better than dodon but theres no SP added on destructo disks on any of the builds that you are suggesting or i could be opening a link for a different build, id like to see the updated build please :)

on old dot settings before daneos changed it back to Taiwan destructo disk was indeed better but now since we went back to Taiwan numbers disc is not as good as dodon ray and mystical crane typhoon

• PVE 1 has an empty build link...PLZ FIXXXX

• as sendoku said.

thousand slashes has been nerfed servely.

it does 1/3 of its supposed damage.

I haven't updated this in a long while basically thousand slashes is useless now don't bother with it.

generally cranes are garbage class. they cant do anything in pve (cause defense on mobs against dots nuter cranes heavly,as well as cranes being extremely squishy (cant take a hit at all), Pvp 1v1 rank they are ok against average people and newbs but you have to know what your doing.

in pvp budokai the only way to get pass prelims for a crane is to have a dojo seed. the only successful crane sendoku won 1 budokai tournament using a seed.

in pve event runs like ccbd and uds

they are too slow to be effective so forget on joining any runs unless u have ccbd51 tickets or very nice friends.

I only use mine for dojo wars now, even then they are kinda just ultility, like a buffer with a pure buff build. I would not recommend this class to no one now. Ill reupdate this to save people from the misery.

even the best crane sendoku has left this class.

for many reasons.

basicially in short . play crane if you want a different experience of dbog , don't main it because it will disappoint you

• well it depends on how you play if u like dots I recommend sk

they less squishy compared to cranes,

if u want to mindlessly one shot ppl go fighter.

if u want a mixture of unique skills and damage and want to be a human then sword.

if u want easy 1v1 dominance karma.

like I said thou its all about your play style.

I'm a crane currently but I definitely will not be playing it as my main in beta if it remains or gets worst than it is already.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!