Best way to level a fighter?

• Hey guys,

So I got back to my fighter to try something different out.

I was thinking that maybe there is a possibility to gather mobs like a turtle and big bang them while finishing them off with storm strike if needed. Now i'm not sure how the dmg will turn out and how successful I will be.

All I want is to have the ability to mob a lot.

For starters, as a level 46 fighter, this is the build I was thinking about (mind that some points are missing because i don't know where to put them)

http://tools.dboglobal.to/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Fighter&build=060010010004010000100010000405001103001101100010000

For gear I already got:

Assuming I got no majin and dende buffs

12 Soul crafted jacket +10
    16% E.crit Wand +6
    15% E.crit Gloves +0

Thanks in advance.

• E crit wand? Aren't you a fighter?
    Tbh, as a fighter I found the most efficient way to level up was grinding mobs in certain areas around the map. It's actually quite fast.
    Phys. dmg and phys. crits lead to 1-2 hit kills.

Dash to mobs and 1 hit them with HSN. If the mob isn't dead after the first hit, usually a 1 second auto attack or spin rush does the job quickly.
    You can get up to 24-40 mobs per minute if you know what you're doing. It's decent way of leveling.

• E crit wand? Aren't you a fighter?
    Tbh, as a fighter I found the most efficient way to level up was grinding mobs in certain areas around the map. It's actually quite fast.
    Phys. dmg and phys. crits lead to 1-2 hit kills.

Dash to mobs and 1 hit them with HSN. If the mob isn't dead after the first hit, usually a 1 second auto attack or spin rush does the job quickly.
    You can get up to 24-40 mobs per minute if you know what you're doing. It's decent way of leveling.

That's why, i wanted to try something different.
    The point here is to mob, like a turtle.

And yes, as a normal fighter i go from mob to mob "easily" (cough def, dodge needs fix cough).
    I wanted to try out Big Bang + Storm strike (if needed)

So...hmmm i'm still level 44 though.

• This is the same that i was thinking, big bang and storm strike should kill any mob, of course is don't know big bang CD using rp and concentration, but storm strike is just 4-5 using rp with concentration, good spam, and i was thinking to use energy crit aswell, maybe as a farm gear.

• Hey mattok! Glad you answered.

Yes, maybe:

Gather all mobs - Big Bang - Storm strike at level 3.

E.Crit % pole and gloves
    Jacket with SOL.
    Prepared to roar level 4

That should do it...

If someone has a video of a level 46~55 fighter mobbing, that would be awesome.

• It'll work sometimes, but it can be very dangerous. Big Bang's animation is fairly long, lasting for 1/2 more seconds even after you've fired the darn thing. You'll be taking damage the whole time if you've decided to aggro them first.(Unlike Turtles, you have no real AoE stun.)

Then let's hope to dear god that the mobs you're fighting have no ranged attack, or you just put yourself up for a death sentence. They'll be far out of reach away from your tiny Storm Strike. Even if these were no issues, relying on crits is foolish when you're dealing with this many mobs. What if you're unlucky and miss your critical Big Bang? Then Storm Strike may not even finish them off if they have good defense/LP!

If you want to lure enemies, there are other ways of doing it more safe and consistent. I'll name some:

-(My favorite)Final Flash+Big Bang. Final Flash has no afterlag and does fantastic damage. Just aim at a group of mobs, then immediately throw in a Big Bang. It'll finish off almost any group. Melee attackers often won't even get the chance to hit you at all.

-(Closest to your strategy)Ghost+Storm Strike+Big Bang. Use a Kamikaze Ghost to aggro the enemies, then jump into the fray with Storm Strike, finishing them off with a Big Bang. You won't have to deal with the initial aggro damage or Big Bang's afterlag, and if enemies have ranged attacks, they'll simply kill your ghost and leave you be if you didn't attack them.

-Solar Flare+Storm Strike. Use Speed Up(and Blitz Fist, if you can), then get a bunch of mobs to chase you. Make some distance until the mobs are lined up behind you, then suddenly dash into the middle of the mobs. Any ranged attackers will now attack you at close range. Use Solar Flare, then spam the crap out of Storm Strike. This one only works well if Solar Flare and Storm Strike are both maxed out. You won't need energy attacks, however.

-Ghost+Final Effort. Lure mobs to one spot with a ghost. Run up to enemies unnoticed and blow them to HFIL. If you have good spiritual attack on your gloves(or are an energy Fighter), a maxed Final Effort will kill any mob instantly. The setup can be tedious, though.

-Big Bang+Stronger Energy Barrage. Your strategy, except use Stronger Energy Barrage instead of Storm Strike. This one can still take a toll on your LP thanks to Big Bang's animation. But it's more reliable and can be used from a safe distance. You won't need a ghost, just a maxed out SEB. If high-defense/LP mobs survive, you'll always have a level 1 Storm Strike to fall back on.

• Is good to see different builds, even if they don't work i plan to play energy and physical build.

Fighter mastery skill is there for a reason, we can't ignore some skills like needle's and that's why y plan to play with energy and just both needle's, storm strike and kidney shot for a good stun, i won't be using quick attack because this won't be a pvp build. but i'll use the kd of energy skills for that purpose and of course final effort, i hope this build work and if it doesn't well is cool i just want to try something different.

http://tools.dboglobal.to/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Fighter&build=000110410014010040500410100405001055044001002550000

I know that might doesn't have a good increment of damage compared to spirited roar, but spirited roar+prepared to roar is a huge risk, i may change that anyway, need to try first

• Looks solid, when skill be completely fixed, and if they work like they should.

• First of all, I made (fix) you a build following the abilities you already have to help you with it. A better combo is Big Bang Attack then Final Flash, why? Because the mobs will group after using the big bang, with the final flash you'll be able to kill them just easily, if not then use Storm Strike. Good luck.
    http://tools.dboglobal.to/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Fighter&build=060010410104010100104010000405001153044101104550000

• use http://tools.dboglobal.to/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Fighter&build=060010010000010000100010000405001055044000002500000
    stick with stormstrike and CD

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!