I think i found something revolutionary...

• So I've been thinking of making a swordsman as a challenge for myself to see if I can make the ultimate pvp build (specifically ranked and hopefully budokai if it ever gets fixed) out of a pretty mediocre class. For some my build may look crazy so ill explain before i drop the link, So once you start ranked you start with no rp, thats where the combo of opening roar and energy recovery come in. these two skills gurantee that you will be able to spam mss kd, not to mention youll be virtually un touchable because of scintillation and maxed guard.. those two skills combined will leave your opponent unable to touch you.. mix that with concentration and cool down gear you take the already minimal cooldown of 8 secs for block and can chop that all the way down.. Recommended gear for this build would be a mix of focus and cooldown..

http://tools.dboglobal.to/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Swordsman&build=00003041210001010050401000040500403510164504040000

With this character I will prove that swordsman can be just as strong as fighters..

If you have any questions let me know!

• Well your build is the same as me. Excluding this, spirited roar is always better than night, no matter how you see It. Opening roar is not needed when you have rp recovery. I would change hit rate passive for Dodge passive since you actually dont Dodge skills, So you dont need that hit rate, bc you are not an right clicker. 4/4 sword Slash is useless. You are supposed to 1 shot your enemy. MSS is your key. And glaring Slash is a must skill to have, but properties are not working. So you can use those points on wolf Gang fist (x10 times better attack than SS) And of course sm are strong, i'mo, better than fighters that just press 3 buttons.

• don't really need penetrate, and scintillation with 1 sp is more than enough if u spam Scintillation too much in pvp you will die from Guard Break,and glaring slash is a must skill

Your literally guranteed to block the next 4 skills... also you gotta understand all you really need to do is pull it off once and you can get them in a constant stun knockdown loop... My build utilizes the little cooldown to keep the opponent in a constant cycle guard is only in case they some how get out of it which is unlikely based on the things I have laid out...

• Oh and yeah, penetrate isnt needed. But there are skills that cannot be used with guard effect. Suppose you are facing and karma. Youll block shout but ull receive hesitation so you dead anyways. Its about knowing how to use. And you will hardly get time to change your predeterminated rp effect to the guard one on budokai. Its about timing

• Your literally guranteed to block the next 4 skills... also you gotta understand all you really need to do is pull it off once and you can get them in a constant stun knockdown loop... My build utilizes the little cooldown to keep the opponent in a constant cycle guard is only in case they some how get out of it which is unlikely based on the things I have laid out...

guard break can break scintillation.

• Well your build is the same as me. Excluding this, spirited roar is always better than night, no matter how you see It. Opening roar is not needed when you have rp recovery. I would change hit rate passive for Dodge passive since you actually dont Dodge skills, So you dont need that hit rate, bc you are not an right clicker. 4/4 sword Slash is useless. You are supposed to 1 shot your enemy. MSS is your key. And glaring Slash is a must skill to have, but properties are not working. So you can use those points on wolf Gang fist (x10 times better attack than SS) And of course sm are strong, i'mo, better than fighters that just press 3 buttons.

MIght is better for all of these reasons, Swordsman don't do as much damage as fighters so to compensate that I want to maximize his critical damage, also martial artists in general are notorious for having not as high hit rate as other classes, so again I would like to buff that up as much as possible.. and also you do realize the dodge algorithm in this game still isn't properly coded right? and again properties arent working so i wouldn't need that skill in its current state.. and wff doesnt need to be upgraded since it already does a hell of alot of damage at 1 and isnt worth the 6 sp.

• Oh and yeah, penetrate isnt needed. But there are skills that cannot be used with guard effect. Suppose you are facing and karma. Youll block shout but ull receive hesitation so you dead anyways. Its about knowing how to use. And you will hardly get time to change your predeterminated rp effect to the guard one on budokai. Its about timing

I dont use penetrate I just upgraded it for the hell of it since I had unallocated points, the dodge system is messed up anyway so it dont really matter.

• ??? Sm dont have as much damage as fighters? Oh really? Because the máster class passive grants 70 STR to both so i dont see what you mean. Oh you dont make sense maxing wff but you max sword Slashes? And if i have +15 weapons , will an 17% of crit be stronger than the 30% of all my phy attack? And yeah Dodge its not coded properly, but hit rate is? And wff just needs 5 points to Max. However, of course you are right.

• ??? Sm dont have as much damage as fighters? Oh really? Because the máster class passive grants 70 STR to both so i dont see what you mean. Oh you dont make sense maxing wff but you max sword Slashes? And if i have +15 weapons , will an 17% of crit be stronger than the 30% of all my phy attack? And yeah Dodge its not coded properly, but hit rate is? And wff just needs 5 points to Max. However, of course you are right.

Sm skills are weaker I'm sorry.. they just don't rival speed needle just off power, my wff at level 1 do over 2000 damage on critical hit i don't need that maxed, and the reason i maxed sword slashes is because it does more or less the same thing and it doesn't cost 6 freakin sp. You right hit rate isn't properly coded but, BUT it is coded much better right now all it needs is just a tune to how much it triggers..

• Sm skills are weaker I'm sorry.. they just don't rival speed needle just off power, my wff at level 1 do over 2000 damage on critical hit i don't need that maxed, and the reason i maxed sword slashes is because it does more or less the same thing and it doesn't cost 6 freakin sp. You right hit rate isn't properly coded but, BUT it is coded much better right now all it needs is just a tune to how much it triggers..

I do 10k on crit with wff being lvl 54. Sword Slashes barely increase their damage by upgrading/maxing. Its 123% to 160% .Fighter skills have higher percentage damage because they dont have base damage. Sword skills have base damage, increased damage from behind, and a lot of more crit chance. Imo sword are stronger, they just need 1 skill, MSS, when fighters sometimes using even 2 needles dont kill their enemy. Sword Focus grants the kill. And It cost 5 sp, not 6, because by having quick attack you already have 1 on it. But That's my suggestion, you can play as you like to.

• I do 10k on crit with wff being lvl 54. Sword Slashes barely increase their damage by upgrading/maxing. Its 123% to 160% .Fighter skills have higher percentage damage because they dont have base damage. Sword skills have base damage, increased damage from behind, and a lot of more crit chance. Imo sword are stronger, they just need 1 skill, MSS, when fighters sometimes using even 2 needles dont kill their enemy. Sword Focus grants the kill. And It cost 5 sp, not 6, because by having quick attack you already have 1 on it. But That's my suggestion, you can play as you like to.

Im only level 36 btw.. lol so ill give it some time. you have to spend one sp to unlock it first then 5 skill points...

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!