Build Helper : Swordsman Skills [ENGLISH GUIDE]

• About a hybrid set then, i read at some places that I still need to focus on one attack for more damage, so i can either make a hybrid that mostly depends on physical or a hybrid that mostly depends on energy. How much is this true and effective?

Hybrid sets are tricky because you're limited on SP (especially since we're only in 60 cap atm). Probably should stick to one or the other, but not both.

• Well I made a build, considering this guide and some other sm i have seen
    https://tools.dboglobal.to/?to…0043100101540044500141000

What do you think for pvp? Is kaioken worth it? Should I get some more dex/ dodge and scintilation? Or is it better to just get 1-2 poins from other attacks to invest on dex/dodge, scintilation and other defense means and keeping kaioken?

this is crap never use it lol

• Well I made a build, considering this guide and some other sm i have seen
    https://tools.dboglobal.to/?to…0043100101540044500141000

What do you think for pvp? Is kaioken worth it? Should I get some more dex/ dodge and scintilation? Or is it better to just get 1-2 poins from other attacks to invest on dex/dodge, scintilation and other defense means and keeping kaioken?

Maybe you should take out the "strong energy barrage". Just keep the kame, and use the points in "Concentration".

The kaioken most of the time its not worth it. Maybe you use it sometimes against SK or a DW when they have a lot of def. But most of the time you have enough power.

For the moment I see more convenient DEX than dodge, since the dex gives you resis. and that is vital for when you fight against karma / plasma. Anyway you have to prioritize both stats.

"Scintilation" is very subjective and some SM uses it, but in my opinion, I do not use it at all. I am more of the idea that SM fights without letting your opponent fight, and the use of "Scintilation" takes time away and many times you can not use "guard" in time. so I personally do not use it.

I hope you find my opinion useful, tell me if you have any questions. :D

• Thank you, that was pretty intersting to read! May I also ask your opinion in the dex buff and glaring slash? Many say for me to always max glaring slash or else I'm losing out a lot of damage output, and I'm not sure if my choice to not level anything defensive is actually good for me.

• Thank you, that was pretty intersting to read! May I also ask your opinion in the dex buff and glaring slash? Many say for me to always max glaring slash or else I'm losing out a lot of damage output, and I'm not sure if my choice to not level anything defensive is actually good for me.

They are right man.

The Glaring slash + spirited roar + crit from behind + RP (dmg up) = Colossal DMG.

Then, without the "Glaring Slash" you lose a large portion of the total damage you could do.

Maybe if you fight against inexperienced players, you will have enough damage anyway. But in many cases you will fight with players who have "props" so the "30 props" that the glarin slash gives you are vital for high damage to the many tanks that abound in the game.

Besides that, in case of fighting against more fragile classes, you can make a 1 HIT KO easily.

As for "penetration" buf I do not see it useful to go up, since the difference between lvl 1 and max lvl is 10 pts of dex. That's why I think it's better to use skill points in other skills. But in the end it's all up to you.

• Ohhh, that explains the glaring slash then.. And I see, no wonder no one really commented on that buff
    Then I believe my last question is: What do you think about maxing or even leveling a bit WFF, flash and sword slash? According to this guide, they are my second strongest attacks, and flash is just a really good finisher, but I don't see anyone leveling those much to my surprise.

• Ohhh, that explains the glaring slash then.. And I see, no wonder no one really commented on that buff
    Then I believe my last question is: What do you think about maxing or even leveling a bit WFF, flash and sword slash? According to this guide, they are my second strongest attacks, and flash is just a really good finisher, but I don't see anyone leveling those much to my surprise.

Well, the max dmg of WFF is 466, 274% and talking about combos, this would come as a substitute for "sword slash" that has 352, 160% at max, so the difference is 114, 114%. In my opinion it is not so much the difference and in addition, the WFF needs many pts to raise it to maximum level, and you would have to sacrifice some skills to be able to have WFF at max.

As for "sword slash" it is not common to upload it to lvl max, because the difference is very small, it is more advisable to have it only at lvl 1.

Regarding the Flash, your DMG is based only on%, and if you level it up your range and damage goes up (by 25% only in dmg). This is more useful when you need to chase players who are running away on the platform. And most important, there is a small moment of "immunity" to the KD and CC only for a fraction of a second when you are in the air and disappear to attack. So if you master the timing you can dodge definitive attacks for victory at the same time you make an attack with good damage.

At the moment I have not tested the effectiveness of leveling up "flash". I always used it at lvl 1, but these days I will be testing that skill to know if it is worth raising the level.

• Thank you Kote , these infos were really helpful and if you could tell me what you think on flash after you try it out, you'll be the best XDD

I can work on my build more now, again thanks!

Any other opinions and feedback by anyone else is still appreciated though!

• Thank you Kote , these infos were really helpful and if you could tell me what you think on flash after you try it out, you'll be the best XDD

I can work on my build more now, again thanks!

Any other opinions and feedback by anyone else is still appreciated though!

Flash is especially good if you're using Super Saiyan since the animation buff speeds up your skills. While it also makes the invincibility frames shorter, it also executes it faster making it easier to time it right. Of course, this is mostly in PvE but I figured I'd point that little tip out.

• its not that op as you think man even if you have props 9-11 sm has highest base dmg as i think but they cant compare to fighters in dmg terms so kd spam

• its not that op as you think man even if you have props 9-11 sm has highest base dmg as i think but they cant compare to fighters in dmg terms so kd spam

I agree with you. Many people think that SM are "fighters" with less damage and less dodge. However, they should not be compared that much in that way. SM have a lot of damage like fighters, but their explosive damage is based in combos with buffs, debuffs and positioning, compared to a fighter that only needs Spirited roar + Super high speed needle = Colossal DMG.

For that and some many other reasons the SM are not Fighters, the SM have to create combos to be able to fight without risking so much the "luck" of dodging any attack. Fighting with luck is more the style of a fighter than a SM.

• SM is class with too much PVP potential.

They can gear as fighter vs squishy classes or they can gear to be tankish with full con + props or full con + CD for KD spam.

They can use pure physical skills or to surprise physical geared players with energy attacks that deal more than decent dmg.

Soo yea, SM needs tons of gear but once it get it, it becomes deadly and what build you will use, it is really up to you.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!