Build Helper : Swordsman Skills [ENGLISH GUIDE]

• ===========================
    1_small.png Martial Artist - Swordsman 17_small.png
    ===========================

11041843_1550105281937570_8990954218041873264_o.jpg

With their fighting style based on Trunks', Swordsmasters are designed to be the powerful continuous 1v1 damage dealers, while having plenty of tricks and combos up their sleeve to remain relevant in PvP. Unlike Fighters, it's not easy to completely screw up a Swordsman's build. Whether you go for a pure energy, hybrid, or pure physical build, you'll find there's lots of ways to make a Swordsman viable. Just remember Swordsmen are primarily geared towards 1v1 battles, and need alot of investment before they see their potential. You have some options at lvl70 for AoE farming, but generally AoE is their weakest point.

I will not give you a "perfect build", but rather the info you need to make one yourself by explaining each skill. Some of this will be copy-pasted from my Fighter Guide, with info adjusted where necessary. Skills that work well on Fighters may not work well on Swordsmen and vice versa, and I will highlight those differences in this guide.

Plan your own Swordsman Build here: http://tools.dboglobal.to/dbo_skill_calculator/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Swordsman

======== Martial Artist attacks ============

156.png DOUBLE STRIKE

174.png KIDNEY SHOT

152.png ROCK PAPER SCISSORS

159.png WOLF FANG FIST

166.png QUICK ATTACK

154.png TUNNEL SLASH

162.png CONCENTRATED KAMEHAMEHA

170.png ENERGY BARRAGE

170.png FINAL EFFORT

172.png STRONGER ENERGY BARRAGE

• ======= Martial Artist buffs ==========

153.png SPIRITED ROAR

155.png OPENING ROAR

160.png PREPARED TO ROAR

165.png YIELD

171.png INTIMIDATION

158.png SPEED UP

163.png FORTITUDE

175.png MIGHT

164.png SHAKE

169.png ROAR

176.png CONCENTRATION

• 103.png KAIOKEN (Updated with DBOG's info)

146.png SUPER SAIYAN (Updated with DBOG's info)

202.png GUARD

=========== Passive Buffs (always active) ================

173.png INCREASE PHYSICAL ATTACK

157.png INCREASE SPIRITUAL ATTACK

• ========== Swordman Skills ==============

264.png SWORD SLASH

269.png FLASH

271.png MULTIPLE SWORD SLASHES

354.png FLASH SLASH

268.png GRAVITY BREAK

272.png FOCUSED KAMEHAMEHA

276.png FOCUSED GRAVITY BREAK

383.png BURNING ATTACK

265.png PENETRATE

274.png MAJOR SPEED UP

• 355.png SCINTILLATION

267.png ENERGY RECOVERY

384.png GLARING SLASH

=========== Passive Swordman Buffs (always active) ================

262.png SWORDSMAN MASTERY

266.png INCREASE HIT RATE

275.png INCREASE CRITICAL HIT RATE

218.png EVADE UP

=========== What Dragonbuffs should I get first? ================

First you should get Dragon King's Focus 362.png. You won't have insane FOCUS until level 70, so you'll want to boost it to it's max early on. Landing your stuns is even more important than having extra LP as a Swordsman.

Next, I'd suggest getting the Dragon King's Constitution. 361.png Swordmasters are very frail unless extremely well equipped, but chances are you won't be overequipped while leveling, so extra LP will help you out.

Finally, get Dragon King's Dexterity! 363.png It'll combo well with your Penetration Buff, give you some extra physical crit, and can help you dodge more, which'll make farming and leveling easier

Any other dragonbuffs are extras, so get them in your own desired order after that!

• Really enjoy these and BlazingBarrager's Turtle Hermit guides; giving general input on the relative value of skills instead of just slapping in an image of a build and calling it a day gives you more opportunity to find what works for you, as this game is no fan of letting you find your own way without infuriating consequences. I particularly appreciate it dissuading me from taking the fricking terrible Burning Attack. The fact that it's actually well-written is also a welcome plus.

• Thanks for the guide but you are wrong at one place. Spirited roar doesn't increase all attacks... it only increases your physical attack and not crit rate. If you want to crit more and more crit increase you should max out Might with Penetrate. Full penetrate gives dex, dex gives crit rate. Together you deal more damage and have a higher chance to crit. + it safes alot e.def. I have tested both, i will make a video about it soon because many people are confusing about this.

• Thanks for the guide but you are wrong at one place. Spirited roar doesn't increase all attacks... it only increases your physical attack and not crit rate. If you want to crit more and more crit increase you should max out Might with Penetrate. Full penetrate gives dex, dex gives crit rate. Together you deal more damage and have a higher chance to crit. + it safes alot e.def. I have tested both, i will make a video about it soon because many people are confusing about this.

Hi Honor, I believe there is a misunderstanding, and an understandable one because of OP's phrasing. I believe he meant Spirited Roar, as it increases your raw P attack, will also have an indirect boost to the critical damage (as it is calculated based on the base damage). So both non-crit attacks and crit-attacks get affected by the raw damage boost, unlike Might, that has a small raw damage boost with STR but a more crit-specific boost with %.

I believe that back in TW it was a bit of a general consensus that Spirited Roar was the superior choice when compared to Might. I'm sure that whenever we check your video crits with Might will be more powerful than those buffed -indirectly - by Spirited Roar. However, people tended to prioritise raw damage over higher crits. I am by no means a good SM user, but that's my 2 cents.

• Yeah, thanks to Aru for clearing it up for me. I meant that the damage of your physical criticals automatically increases too BECAUSE of the raw physical power.

Might will have a weaker payout than Spirited Roar when you crit while hardly having any payout at all if you don't crit, especially late-game. The only thing you stand to gain from Might is saving on SP cost and Energy Defense.

• Quick question on Burning Attack. Is it used often on CD builds, because I heard some people say it was.

Yeah, thanks to Aru for clearing it up for me. I meant that the damage of your physical criticals automatically increases too BECAUSE of the raw physical power.

Might will have a weaker payout than Spirited Roar when you crit while hardly having any payout at all if you don't crit, especially late-game. The only thing you stand to gain from Might is saving on SP cost and Energy Defense.

It's the SP cost Might saves that prompts me to use it for Spirited Roar as SM are strained for SP to begin with. Regardless, I'm well aware of Spirited Roar's power and most likely go with it instead if Might doesn't hold up.

• It's true. This is about the ultimate potential you can get out of Burning Attack. If you're an overpowered energy swordsman with +15 gear, the right equipment, Majin buffs, and a fully leveled Kaioken(remember, this is before Daneos' insane Kaioken nerf), you can achieve this:

....while that may LOOK awesome and even have some uses for farming weak enemies, you've essentially downgraded yourself to a level 60 Turtle with un-upgraded gear. And you will NOT have even remotely that kind of power when you're actually leveling up to 70 either. I still wouldn't call it practical personally.

• It's true. This is about the ultimate potential you can get out of Burning Attack. If you're an overpowered energy swordsman with +15 gear, the right equipment, Majin buffs, and a fully leveled Kaioken(remember, this is before Daneos' insane Kaioken nerf), you can achieve this:

....while that may LOOK awesome and even have some uses for farming weak enemies, you've essentially downgraded yourself to a level 60 Turtle with un-upgraded gear. And you will NOT have even remotely that kind of power when you're actually leveling up to 70 either. I still wouldn't call it practical personally.

Thank you. That's really all I needed.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!