How Does this Swordsman PVP/PVE build look?

• If you want to make the build a Hybrid, you gotta have Burning Attack.
    @Heathcliff 's build is very good in PVP, and does well in PVE

If you really want a hybrid. I tweaked your build into this:
    tools.dboglobal.to/?tool=Skill-C…0040500111511144514040600

I dont like burning attack its too big to be controlled and usually brings unforseen enemies your way that you cant tank and dont have the aoe capabilities to take out...

• I dont like burning attack its too big to be controlled and usually brings unforseen enemies your way that you cant tank and dont have the aoe capabilities to take out...

not if you have CD.
    If you have the CD earrings. Cooldown would be reduced to as low as 3 seconds, meaning before the enemy starts laying their Hard Damage, they are dead :)

• not if you have CD.
    If you have the CD earrings. Cooldown would be reduced to as low as 3 seconds, meaning before the enemy starts laying their Hard Damage, they are dead smile.png

Why do you think I maxed Gravity Break, it has a 6 second cooldown that on top of concentration has an abysmal cooldown I have that to spam so I dont see why I would even need to use the skill, and if you were wondering I plan to wear a mix of con and focus/con and dex. Depending if I want to go pvp or not.

• Here is the deal. If you want to be good in PVE with SM without a full PVP build (which surprisingly works BTW) You need Burning attack.

If you don't know how CoolDown works ( I assumed because of the fact that you talked about Gravity break in a weird way), each 1 CD reduction gives you (ATM) 1% cooldown reduction(used to give 0.7% but that is now aside). NOW, with that in mind, you have 29% reduction from Concentration, 8% from each CD ring, and 23% from each of the Legendary Earrings.
    now you have 91% cooldown reduction. That means that Gravity break is 0.9 second cooldown, and Burning attack is 1.8 Seconds.
    Now take this in mind, Gravity break can't exactly be spammed due to the duration it takes to do and it's very close range. Spamming it would do you the same as MSS or Flash! Nothing is coming out from it.
    Now take Burning Attack into Calculations, this attack does about 1.5 to 2 times the damage Focused Gravity Break can do, and it spreads over a VERY gigantic range of mobs. Regularly, if you focus on having 2 Attires (One for Energy and one for Physical Attack) you'd realize that every mob either dies from 1 or 2 burning attack. GG you just killed around 6 to 10 mobs just like that! (Assuming you wont go in and run around Tanking mobs, you'll keep your distance and attack from far and give mobs no chance)

• Does Spirited Roar at max SP out damage Might even with crits? I could never figure out if one does so or not, especially since crits are easy for SMs to accomplish.

Yes, if STR wasn't so useless as it is atm, Might would've been better to some extent.
    Even Fighters wouldn't Use might. But if you do use might, you would have saved your self 2 SP that you might need somewhere else...so it is up to you.

• Its a spammable move i dont have to wait till level 70 to get.

Still, even though might be powerful in your mind, it is still short ranged. The main focus of Energy Swordsman is to be far ranged. That and of coarse be very powerful in PVE. Both of these are sadly untrue if you max out Gravity Break. Instead you can use the SP from both GBs to upgrade your Burning Attack to MAX and get to keep around 1-2 SP. :)

• Still, even though might be powerful in your mind, it is still short ranged. The main focus of Energy Swordsman is to be far ranged. That and of coarse be very powerful in PVE. Both of these are sadly untrue if you max out Gravity Break. Instead you can use the SP from both GBs to upgrade your Burning Attack to MAX and get to keep around 1-2 SP.

IM not trying to be an energy swordsman im tryna be a balanced swordsman that utilizes both energy and physical attacks...

• This is my build. I don't know if its a PvE/PvP (haven't tested PvP yet), but it certainly is balanced.
    http://tools.dboglobal.to/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Swordsman&build=05011041011401011010411010010200141511141552600000

Let me explain some things so people don't point at me and call me a noob. In general, my build is meant to be balanced and versatile capable of dealing with both physical and energy threats. It doesn't have the same power as a pure build, or as we call it the "jack-of-all-trades," but it still gets the job done. As for skills...

Spirited Roar: Honestly, the only reason why this isn't at 7 is because of SP. However, 6 SP still grants it the same boost that Prepared for Roar provides when maxed. The two buffs are what provide the damage boost my SM needs.

Energy Barrage/Stronger Energy Barrage: These two actually provide me with more than simply getting a KD skill. They provide me with some range damage to inflict and combo really well together to deal some chip damage or do the killing blow. Both are at 1 because they do their jobs pretty well without needing the power boost.

Gravity Break: Oh hey look its the skill you guys been arguing about! *ahem* I picked Gravity Break over Sword Slash for two reasons: range and surprise factor. When people are again you, they're expecting pure physical skills at short range. Gravity Break has better range, a higher base damage, and the exact same CD as Sword Slash. I think it's a good skill to have when my big skills are on CD.

Increase Hit Rate: Why is it at 1? Because 180 is a big enough boost to use an SP and leave it at that. I don't see the point of leveling it more since the boosts decrease just to give me more hitrate against Fighters.

Concentration: 2 SP is enough imo for a Swordsman because they have low cooldown skills, especially in their tree. 3 SP just adds two more points to CD, which hardly provided any change and anymore would just be overkill.

Questions?

• IM not trying to be an energy swordsman im tryna be a balanced swordsman that utilizes both energy and physical attacks...

Here is my reasoning for why you shouldn't do that.
    I really liked to be balanced with almost every class back in 2012 in the TW server.....then, because I was such a noob, I realized where my mistakes were.

"No Class Can Actually be Balanced"

It seems like it is opinion-based, but it really isn't.

1- You would need SO much money to make a non-energetic class use Eng.Atk. and be good at it. (Money as in Zeni not Cash)
    2- The Classes are made in a way which increases their stats automatically, so you can't control your SM from having a lot of STR and so little SOL (Although TBH these attributes don't really matter ATM, but you get the point)

I would:
    1- Not recommend going for a balanced SM, you either go Energy SM (PVE/PVP Hybrid...pretty good TBH) or you go full out Physical Swordsman (Which actually works in PVE but no one wants to try it out...other than me and my friends)
    2- Advice you to be very careful choosing a class these days. One mistake in your build and you could be in a bad place.
    3- If you REALLY want to play with Energy Attacks, go play Turtles! I am not kidding at the moment, this is probably one of the most honest things I said................................................................................

Anyways, Have a fun time, Enjoy your DBOG classes, make good choices, and good luck :)

• I'm curious to know how full out physical SM works really well in PvE.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!