Custom content

• I have searched and only came up with scattered results on the topic so I figured id gather it all into one topic for easy access by the community.

one of the flaws of the original DBO was the lack of content, this can be argued that it was not live long enough to get Expansions and whatnot to make it grow looking back on old pictures the world map had many places that wasn't actually there just the vacant spot they are a total of 5 spots where nothing exists in the game three on the bottom of the map and two on the top.

I saw a post about adding new races. and one of the arguments was that a new starting zone would have to be introduced. which is fine seeing how the spot for one exists at the top left a perfect starting zone sized map is there just no content in the spot the problem would be modeling and importing all the custom pieces which could take time. Frieza Race ( shitty name so imma just say changelings) Changelings would be a perfect addition to the game ( not right away but once everything else is done )

New skills/abilities introduced into the game ( I saw a post about new skills but I haven't put much thought into it myself to expand on it)

I played the game for along time and hardly ever gotten bored of it but in modern gaming world if it isn't a non-mmorpg type game it requires somewhat new content to be added at some point to keep it alive. there exist so many possibilities for a dragon ball mmorpg and a ton of races/planets to explore.

they are a ton of races in dragon ball from demons to angels, the two races I think most would love to see is Changelings and Androids ( cyborgs cough cough )
    as long as dragon ball continues to expand the mmo could always expand itself also. this is something that a lot of people believed was the downfall of dragonball online despite being non global. The developers didn't feel like expanding on the game. to even further this point look what games came out that is pretty much dragon ball online just not mmorpg, Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2 they like the dbo game and story but they didn't want to make it a good morpg. with expanding content and worlds of possibilities.

my hopes is Dragon ball Online Global server revival will soar high and show that this is a game we want, and maybe they will remake it into a better mmo a true dragon ball online. doubt it but always is hope.

( I apologies for my grammatical errors I am playing dbo while writing I've fixed a lot but not all.

• All that would probably occur in the future if not the fact, that Daneos isn't going to create a new content.
    Of course new events, few models, textures etc might get added in the future but forget about new maps, quests, further story and especially completely new races (with their corresponding skills, gear, voices, models, animations, maps and quests).

We only have one developer that tries to bring this game back to life and few translators. Please also remember, that no one gets paid for it (besides Daneos, that is...) so finding good animators, model and texture artists for free will be most likely impossible.

Besides, Daneos already stated that these things aren't going to be added like ever.
    I'm sorry to say this but this server will die eventually after a year or two just like Asian servers.

• All that would probably occur in the future if not the fact, that Daneos isn't going to create a new content.
    Of course new events, few models, textures etc might get added in the future but forget about new maps, quests, further story and especially completely new races (with their corresponding skills, gear, voices, models, animations, maps and quests).

We only have one developer that tries to bring this game back to life and few translators. Please also remember, that no one gets paid for it (besides Daneos, that is...) so finding good animators, model and texture artists for free will be most likely impossible.

Besides, Daneos already stated that these things aren't going to be added like ever.
    I'm sorry to say this but this server will die eventually after a year or two just like Asian servers.

I have to agree with Czarpos...
    There will be no new TMQs, no new UDs, no new Dungeons, maps, or any story content.

Hopefully, there will be reskins of monsters, for events, reskins of weapons and armors, to keep "content" going, and all that stuff "easy" to do.

Now...we've been in pre beta for quite sometime now, and people are starting to get burned out. (got some friends yeah...) If this goes on, fine by me, but well....i give it 2 years for dboglobal. Then it will die for ever.

• sadly I agree with what's been said long before I ever thought about the custom content, Though I feel like Xenoverse is a reboot of DBO as if you look at them both the similarities are endless almost some look straight ripped from DBO and just updates.

I feel the chance of new content is lost on this game for anyone who makes a server on it, so much work and time that has to be put into it just to code and create models and for a group of fans to do it is unlikely, only reason I brought it up is because it is one of the reasons the original ended so fast and you see private servers for WoW having custom content all the time so its not unheard of but they have been doing it for years with larger groups

Hope is pretty much all it is when I made this post, Hope that one day when its finished they might expand their group and attempt it at least, this game is amazing the way it is, and if it stays like it that's fine with me I was with dbo for Three years and the translating team for a year it was a shame watching it die like that, spending final moments just in sky waiting for the end of the world, it would be a shame watching it again.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!