Grand Chef Advice?

• The best strength of Grand Chefs is the EP Drain, which you didn't really skill at all. How come?

Another point of the Grand Chef is he's very easy to defeat due to some accessories (100% Resist against EP Drain) you can obtain later on in the game.

I'd most likely go like this:
    http://www.dbocom.com/tools/sk…050014152140051002133302/

Normally I'd max out Defense Up, but since it does not work atm, I upgraded Despiriting Flash and the normal Candy beam, just for even more EP drain. The Buffs are standard, because you'll gain a lot of LP when you get buffed by Grand Chef

Spirit Drain is the best skill you could use to easily cripple opponents, if you combine it with candy beam he can't do anything but losing EP very quickly.
    Genocide Blast because of quick PvE farming and Budokai preeliminaries (which isn't in yet, but you'll regret it not skilling it later on)

But if you really want to buff, go with Ultimate Majin, because Grand Chef is the worst out of all 4 Majins

• IDK if this build you are talking about PVE or PVP.
    But in each case...

PVE: I would recommend something really ballsy what doesn't seem good, but trust me, it works!
    MAX Hyper Bomb...yes!
    -----Now let me explain before you rage and go "WTF! HYPER BOMB DOES NO DAMAGE!".
    -----You are wanting to be offensive, meaning, it would be good if you were tankier/ more effective against bigger amounts of damage.
    -----My best friend back in TW played a very offensive Grand Chef. He used max hyper bomb because it dropped everything around him in UDs. We used to go into UD2 Hard or UD6, he'd go in the middle of all those robots that do Gigantic Damage (more than 1K per attack (about 3K in here since def doesn't work)) and use Hyper bomb, and their DMG becomes so bad and they are instantly knocked down, he then takes the right side while I Genoblast the left side :)
    ----- Of coarse, when you speak about being offensive, we are talking: 1- Bigger amounts of mobs to attack AND 2- Doing a lot of UDs.

PVP:
    Get your first Candy.
    ----- Your main Candy takes 1 Second to CAST, you can use the first one instantly, which means you can make it last longer and have higher chance of success.

• I agree with him

• Is it possible to add in Double Crazy Rush? The skill actually has a reach of 25m (or 28m?) from what I saw ingame so it would be a good way to close in on something.

• Spirit drain is very shit after they nerfed it, its cooldown is too long and it only lasts 8 seconds.

Plus with people being able to POT and recover their mana and health, its like wasted SP. It may have some uses though, against MAs or Warriors, you can draw out the fight via stuns, kd and candy, and once they used their mana auto pot and mana pot, you may be able to get something going with the mana burn skills.

Hyper bomb completely shits on MAs who get spirited roar, and if u want to include cluster bomb in your build you can abuse the max hyper bomb and the MA having lower energy defense.

Max curing scent, that free rp goes a long way.

Ultra Speed Attack, and double crazy rush can gap close if you are against spiritualists.

Grand Chef will never have as much resistance as an Ultimate, so IMO spiritual resistance is not worth.

Grand Chefs have awful dmg, hit-rate and Focus. You will have a hard time landing candy beam against a fighter with an anti candy set of jewelry. For Glove I recommend Focus.

For clothes, I recommend %LP Jacket and Trousers and CON Boots.

You can cheese some speed fighters with special surprise punch and double cluster bomb.

A thing to know though is the GC meta was/is still very undeveloped, I will not post a build here, because I think that there is much room to explore with the class as well as with DW in PVP, both solo and party.

Other than that, genocide blast is great for solo prelims and farming, the spins are great skills as always, and maybe this class will become a meta standard in party bodukai, who knows.

• Grand EP drain WAS best before big nerf. Now its a piece of... :P

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!