Dragon Ball Online on Steam

• Hello guys,
    i have come to bring a suggestion to the game, since the servers are not totally good, I know that the game is in Pre-Open Beta and so there are some things giving flaws and so on.
    But I would like you to host the game on Steam, because there will be more options for buying in Brazil, as in any other country. (In addition to using our native currencies automatically converted to the dollar)
    Steam is also a bit more accurate on servers. I do not know right but my ping is always better on Steam. Remember that on this platform you can deposit the money and use when you want, such as PayPal.
    There are some other reasons I want this game on Steam, how to attract more players and so on.

I know I've had some spelling mistakes, since I used Google Translate. :P

Tell me what you think about it. ^^

giphy.gif

"An intelligent person learns from his own mistakes, but wise people learn from others' mistakes."

• It sounds like a good idea in theory but in practice i think that may lead to the game having to be shut down.

You have to remember that this is actually a real game that was made and developed by a real life company that made money from it.

If Daneos was to put it on steam and made money from it that way it could very well be illegal. Which would result in the game being shut down. Keep in mind that the core game files and such aren't actually 'ours' only server progress, stability, coding, and similar things are created by Daneos. The quests, items, story, content was made by the original company.

It's a good idea but it would very likely have unwanted consequences.

• True, I did not even touch it.
    Good thinking.

I like you' idea Hope daneos will do it

SHuahsauashua, i still have some hopes that this will happen even after what Cosmo said.

giphy.gif

"An intelligent person learns from his own mistakes, but wise people learn from others' mistakes."

• You do realize that daneos has taken the needed precautions to set this game apart from its original predecessor right? Also you have to remember if the original creators wanted to take legal action against this game why would they advertise the server revival on the old dbocom page?

• yeah get it to steam that bandai namco can notice that we have a p server from an old game of yours and they close it ....
    like blizzard did it with wow classic p server

• You do realize that daneos has taken the needed precautions to set this game apart from its original predecessor right? Also you have to remember if the original creators wanted to take legal action against this game why would they advertise the server revival on the old dbocom page?

Dbocom has nothing to do with DBO real publisher mate, is just a site.

You do know that dbocom is and was not ever affiliated with the actual developers, right? It is a community fan site. Also, because it is still using resources from the original game, if any money were made off of it then it would be illegal and could still be shut down.

To the OP: steam doesn't host the servers outside of the games developed by steam/valve. Each game still has its own servers and the ping won't be any better. Most of the games you play through steam "seem to have better ping" because they have servers that are more local.

• You do know that dbocom is and was not ever affiliated with the actual developers, right? It is a community fan site. Also, because it is still using resources from the original game, if any money were made off of it then it would be illegal and could still be shut down.
    To the OP: steam doesn't host the servers outside of the games developed by steam/valve. Each game still has its own servers and the ping won't be any better. Most of the games you play through steam "seem to have better ping" because they have servers that are more local.

It's that every game I played that came from Steam my ping is 20-50, no games with publisher like z8games, level up and so on. My ping was 40-70.
    I thought Steam had special servers for its hosted games. I was wrong. :p

Steam won't accept Private Servers.
    Only the original game developers can do it.

I understand.

giphy.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!