is dot damage too high with new calculations

• have dots became too powerful with the recent update 59

1. Yes, dots have became too powerful since weapons, subweapons and def stats are incorporated in the damage calculation (21) 36%
    2. no, dots are fine (32) 54%
    3. ace shut up, no one cares from your brother! dont leave your computer on hhaaha (10) 17%

hey guys ace here I noticed with my crane and sk that dots with good weapons do way more damage with daneos new calculation applying weapon and subweapon power to the attacks. i was wondering what you guys think about it. Im looking for a class balanced game and I think currently the dots for crane and sk are pretty powerful (maybe too powerful?)

i notice no complaints about this :D ,so im just wondering are dot damage to op right no
    heres a poll leave comments below

• nahhh its balanced. if you have good def you wont have any problem with the bleeds, also is Good for PvE, that's why there are not complains, Daneos did something really good there! is it much well balanced that the TW version.

Also with this, Turtles and any class that have DOT, can really use it on their build, is good.

• DoTs are in a weird spot right now:

- They do INSANE damage in PvE if you have good gear.
    - They do INSANE damage in PvP if you have good gear.
    - They do DECENT damage in PvE if you have poor gear.
    - They do CRAP damage in PvP if you have good gear and go against someone with OP armor.

I liked dot's better before this patch. I'm pretty sure this patch is only temporal and a way for Daneos to "boost" Cranes since a lot of their skills are bugged and needed a bit of a boost.
    DoTs have always been a safe and stable way of dealing persistent damage that ignores defense, properties, buffs, everything.

• I've been waiting for some post like this.

Yes, Dot's is the only thing that fucked high defense classes, but, otherwise, things like:

• Kaioken
    • Super Saiyan
    • Upgrading Glove
    • Upgrading Fan
    • Soul
    • Strength

Were totally useless, why the hell on earth would a crane care having good gear? I can do the same damage with +0 or +15 FAN.
    Transformations were just for visuals.
    And they only aimed for focus or dex to increase crit. But nothing else.

This new way makes Crane's able to set free their potential, and whatever the defense does, they have 33% LP reduction :whistling:

• well said i agree with ya

• wth staph complaining. DoTs are wayyyy better then they used to be.
    I used to do 1k dodon
    Now i do 1k dodon on a namek with +15 gear, 1,6k crit on a avarage lvl 70 namek , 5-6k crits on a lvl 55 mob ;-;
    now that it's fixed/changed at least i don't wanna quit crane anymore e.e

If it was like it used to be a lvl 50 crane would be able to kill lvl 70s again

• wth staph complaining. DoTs are wayyyy better then they used to be.
    I used to do 1k dodon
    Now i do 1k dodon on a namek with +15 gear, 1,6k crit on a avarage lvl 70 namek , 5-6k crits on a lvl 55 mob ;-;
    now that it's fixed/changed at least i don't wanna quit crane anymore e.e

If it was like it used to be a lvl 50 crane would be able to kill lvl 70s again

im not complaining im a crane and sk this new calc benefits my charactors im just wantin to know what other players thought

• There are two things that bother me about the DoTs. First off, you need to have better gear than the opponent or you lose (Sorta boosts the P2W). And the second part is, even if you have the skill on level 1 it will still deal the same damage as on level 5. Therefore it is broken as hell imo

• To be honest, the only DOT that I think atm is doing a lot of damage is Super Antenna Beam from Dendes. I am a Dende, and my Antenna beam does about 1.5K DoT at just level 1 of the skill. I was trying it out on my build, and it worked a little TOO well, I was able to drop an Ultra like Dayton in like 6-8 seconds (considering it took about 12-13 seconds before I used it, that is a huge improvement)

Mark that I am a "Dende" so I don't do that much damage, and I get a consistent 1.5K Dmg on Dayton, which is the equivalent to an Auto Attack.

Otherwise, DoT seems where it should be, it shouldn't be what the number says in the skill, that's just convincingly low and makes Cranes look like a punching bag for everything in the game.

• Just to make it clear:

You can claim that some DOT skills are OP right now and be reasonable (in favor of +15 weapon DOTs hitting harder than +0 weapon DOTs)

You just has to say "those multipliers are too high!"

Actually if daneos released damage formula and defense formula we could point out which multiplier is messed up

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!