Oficial opening

• Will the server be reset? Will everyone return to level 1 even though they have reached level 70?

There is no logic to reset the server after the official release because many will lose their already high-level accounts. Daneos would like to know what you are going to do about this, because then you will be letting all those who contributed to the game be downgraded without deserving it.

obs.:sorry google translate.

• With all due respect you agreed to this when you signed up for it.

No one should even be playing on the server as it currently is and was only opened up to the users because we asked for it under the condition that we knew it was going to be wiped.

One of the many reasons it is going to be wiped is because a lot of people took advantage of early and new bugs where they could hand in a quest over and over for unlimited exp, or use U6 stones on lvl 70 gear, or spam kill ultras who unlimited spawned for massive amounts of EXP.

The decision won't change. if you don't wish to lose a high level character then keep tabs on the website and check back now and again until open-beta starts and begin playing then.

• 1) Yes there is going to be a server wipe to erase all character progress, no matter the level you get with your character.

2) The logic behind that is that this is a PRE OPEN BETA server and its main purpose is game development, as the game is still incomplete. As a DBOG user you are first a tester then a player. Fun is secondary when you register and you play during this stage of the development, it's been stated everywhere, no one hid it because it's the right thing to do. The contribution here is as testers, people test stuff by playing, and they discover bugs and errors, which will help Daneos fix the game and improve our gaming experience when the game is actually COMPLETE.

On the other hand, also because of the game being incomplete, many players found bugs used third party software to abuse the game and get items/exp easily, so they got the upper hand with illegal ways. The right thing to do is do a server wipe when the game is complete and bug-free, with anti-bot system and all the security we need to have less abusers and more actual players: otherwise people won't enjoy it.

3) Daneos has stated many times that the wipe is going to happen and most of the players that also understand this have one or many lvl 70 characters, and they are pretty much ok with it.

4) If you don't want to lose progress, then don't play during this stage of the development, it's as simple as that. Some people want to have fun no matter what, they don't care about losing progress. Some other want to help development and play in order to find bugs to get a complete game faster. Others - as you I guess - want to play only knowing for sure they will keep the stuff they get and the exp/levels they obtain. The logical solution for you is to be patient, follow the updates in the forum and join us whenever we announce a date for Open Beta launch.

This issue has been discussed many times, you should use the search function next time to before posting.

If you have more questions feel free to send me a PM, I'll be glad to answer you.

Thanks,

Aru :dpeace:

• I encourage you to read the Global Update Thread (there's a link to it in my signature) All of your questions have been answered.

In relation to this specific one. any and all cash chop points bought will be given back to the player.

Example. If you buy a total of 500 CP you will start open beta with 500 CP. If you buy 500 and spend 300 by the end of pre-beta you will still start Open Beta with 500 CP.

But who bought cash will be reimbursed?

• Even so, a single server wipe (that's expected nonetheless) is much better than what happened to the original DBO 4 years ago...i'm just glad we can play again, regardless of the fact i'll have to start over.

• If you open the launcher, there is a message that clearly states servers will be wiped.
    It goes like this, there are those people we know as botters, those botters are taking action against the system because it doesn't have an "Anti-Bot" system.
    On Discord, Daneos stated that he's working on an anti bot system to block these players.

NOW, do you want those botters who have 5 accounts and dozens of lvl 70 characters with +15 Armor that they have done nothing about other than click a button and let it do the job for them?
    I am pretty sure the answer is "No" because Botters will surely have an unfair advantage, so... in short, It's more beneficial to me to lose my characters than to see those hackers/botters ruin the fun of the game.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!