Game translations are very poor and sometimes unexisting - Is there a way to fix it?

• Hello!

I've started to play DBO Global today, and it truly is an amazing game. Though upon starting, many of the cutscenes, dialogue boxes and NPC messages were poorly/not translated at all. I've tried running the archive 'langpatcher', present in the game's main folder, but to no use.

As of now, I've not seen anyone else complaining about this matter, what leads me to believe I'm the only one having it. Do any of you know of a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

• The way to fix it is to wait. We have a translation team where about 2 or 3 users can spend only a few hours a week maximum (due to them having lives) And they are working on it as best they can.

If you wish to help contact a moderator and i'm sure another member to the translation team would be greatly appreciated by all :)

• The original DBO game was never officially available in English, it was originally in taiwanese/chinese and in korean. The official game was launched in Asia only.

Back then people tried to do some translations on their own and published langpatches.

Now, in DBO Global, we have many translation teams (different languages) working hard to get you and every player a fully translated game. However, this requires some hard work (translating a complete game is not easy by any means) and it's still a work in progress.

Bad translations are surely "Google Translate" ones, and the other ones are just waiting to be translated. We will work on improving this so as to get a full and 100% translated game when we enter Open Beta stage (we are currently in Pre-Open Beta, a test server).

Most likely people do not complain about it because they either are:
    a. Old school players that already played back in the days of no translation.
    b. too thrilled to even think about that :D

[ENGLISH]Translation : This thread will work as a translation log, so you can check the progress over there.

Thank you for your understanding,

Aru :dpeace:

• Thanks, guys!

I do understand that it takes time and a lot of effort to translate a game this big. I didn't mean to offend or anything, it's just that I wasn't sure if it was an issue with me or with the game still being in it's early stages of translation.

Anyways, I am fluent in english but my mother language is portuguese, and I am willing to help translate whatever I can from english to portuguese. Just let me know if you need any extra hands!

Again, thanks for the clarification.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!