Will there be a level cap?

• Hi there is a level cap in DBOG enter after the start of the open beta? Find bad I would anyway because not all will not be ready, and you might have more time with the levels and get more fun of the game is if there will be not equal to the maximum level of 70 or what do you think? I would want a level cap for since the beginning so not everything will go too fast.

In German

Hi wird es in DBOG ein Level Cap geben nach dem Start der Open Beta? Schlecht finden würde ich es nicht da sowieso noch nicht alles fertig sein wird und man sich mit dem Leveln mehr Zeit lassen könnte und man mehr Spaß am Spiel hat wenn es noch nicht gleich das maximale Level von 70 geben wird oder was meint ihr dazu? Wünschen würde ich mir ein Level Cap für denn Anfang damit nicht alles zu schnell gehen wird

• I agree. As I mentioned before, building the cap around TMQs and UDs is really cool. Of course after changing a little bit the stats for both. Normally You'd farm gear sets on tmqs and gloves/subs in UDs. Keeps the game fresh and alive for a long time.

Also on a second note, I dont think the game should stop at lv 70 either. I know there won't be any quests past 70 or content whatsoever, but I believe the game could go 100 as It was designed. With the addition of 30 SP , having trash skills wouldn't be so punishing.

The leveling 70-100 could be done through grinding with mobs placed at those new maps DBO never actually released.

• The problem with using new maps is that some of the meshes and textures for them might not even be in the files and will have to be made from scratch. Now granted Papaya Island's unused section is done and just needs some tweaking here and there, but aside from that do we even know what maps the team has to work with right now? We might as well accept that the level cap will remain at 70 for a good, long while.

• I would like to see if it will first give a level cap to level 38 and then later the next card is turned face up and the level cap is increased to 40 or 50 anyway because not everything is capabilities are as UD, TMQ, etc and you so genung time has to make the other everything ready

In German

Ich würde mir wünschen wenn es erstmal ein Level Cap geben wird bis Level 38 und später dann die nächste Karte aufgedeckt wird und das Level Cap auf 40 oder 50 erhöht wird da sowieso noch nicht alles funktonieren wird wie UD, TMQ u.s.w und man so genung Zeit hat das andere alles fertig zu machen

• Why cap 38? You have to rework alot of skills for that! And if you go to next cap you have to do it again.. Lvl 70 start means you don't need to do that, just fix some of them a little..
    If everything works like it should you will be at lvl 38 in 3 days(some may even do it in 2), and thats lame! Well, we will see what they decide..

• Because DBO-R will have this cap, so DBO-G must do same things.

They start at 38? Well if thats the case DBOG has definitely to go 38 as well! :D:rolleyes: Don't know since i never cared for DBOR.. But ey, why leave things easy, if you can make them hard and make yourself much work by rebalance every skill for a lvl 38 cap? :wacko:

• The thing with starting at level 38 cap is two things:

1. It gives new players the chance to experience the game from its beginning and not at the last update before shutdown.

2. It gives the crew more time to work with other maps and skills that we get at higher caps.

It's not a thing about DBOR doing it. It's about reliving the game as though it just came out again.

• I hope there isn't a level cap. If there is to be one, stop it at 40~ Why? So you can at least get the transformation for that race~ I don't want to play for like 4 days and turn around to make another class already when I was focused on my first. That's just my thoughts~ :thumbsup:

• I would definitely agree with level caps. Although, a bit different from original.
    They could be orientated at UD's and Dungeons. Or, every lvl cap could be increased by 5 lvls. (e.g. lvl 20(clearing first map)>25(getting UD1 and TMQ1)>30(getting Master Class and adult)>35(getting TMQ2)>40(getting transformations/farming UD2)>45(getting uh... TMQ3?)>50(getting TMQ4)>55(getting TMQ5 and 6 if I recall)<60(getting TMQ7)>65(well.. I dunno much about this)>70(end game fun with Bacterian and etc. I don't know lvls of other UD's)).
    Now let's imagine that one cap would take around 1 month or a bit more (higher level cap - higher the duration of it). That would mean that devs would have aprox 1 year to work on something new and unreleased content.

• I would definitely agree with level caps. Although, a bit different from original.
    They could be orientated at UD's and Dungeons. Or, every lvl cap could be increased by 5 lvls. (e.g. lvl 20(clearing first map)>25(getting UD1 and TMQ1)>30(getting Master Class and adult)>35(getting TMQ2)>40(getting transformations/farming UD2)>45(getting uh... TMQ3?)>50(getting TMQ4)>55(getting TMQ5 and 6 if I recall)<60(getting TMQ7)>65(well.. I dunno much about this)>70(end game fun with Bacterian and etc. I don't know lvls of other UD's)).
    Now let's imagine that one cap would take around 1 month or a bit more (higher level cap - higher the duration of it). That would mean that devs would have aprox 1 year to work on something new and unreleased content.

I agree with this, but I'd probably put the first lvl cap a little bit later, lvl 20 is way too early and there's nothing fun you can do with lvl 20, lvl 38 is a good idea. Gives time to the DEVs to perfect the rest of the lvl caps, and you can do at least kid budokai. Adult would be kinda weird since you wouldn't have that many skills on your build, making the PvP a bit poor.

• Here is how korean DBO launched.

First level cap , was more of a HARD cap. People would get 30 and farm tmq 1 and UD 1 for days ( it took like 2 weeks of leveling to get lv 32).
    The real cap was 40. People would farm tmq 3 and ud 2.
    Next they released 50 with tmq 4 and ud 3
    then they released 55 with tmq 5 and 6 and ud 4
    Then it was the 60 patch with tmq 7 and ud5 ( narak dungeon, really hard but very rewarding)
    After that dbo went downhill with 70 patch.

• Lvl 38 is BS! You are there in 2 or 3 days! Then what? Lvl 50 ok. better 55! But 38? Na thats Bullsh*t! Rework all the skills, because otherwise some classes would overpower as f*ck is not worth all the work.. Make cap 70, maybe block some Maps like Porunga-south, Papaya and Mushroom-south and we are good..

lvl cap 70, but give us more skills points like 10 more skill points to use when reach lvl 70

Why not give each player 100SP for start? :puke:

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!