Will there be a level cap?

• The team will have enough time for new content even if they start without a lvl cap. You need a lot of time until you get a good gear to do kraken, cell, cc dungeon and at the same time it will be fun but if you start with lv 38 cap you will lv to 38 and after that you can´t do anything. PvP was boring with lv 38 and farming will just give you some items. These items will be worth 0 zenni after the lv 70 release. And players like me will be bored and won´t play the game until lv 70 is released.

Yeah well players like me want to start from the bottom. I didn't get into the original DBO until the 60 cap so I missed out on some stuff. Starting at lv.38 will give new players a chance to relive DBO through its life. Starting at 70 would ruin the experience. Also at 38 cap you can make more than one character quickly which gives you time to try out different classes and see what you like the most. This isn't going to be the old DBO with crap balance issues where Fighters and Shadow Knights will be top dogs. Going through cap updates also helps with balancing because the team can learn through trial and error which is the best for balance.

• And players like me will be bored and won´t play the game until lv 70 is released.

Yeah and the thing that I don't get is why you think getting selected for a closed alpha means that you should have fun playing the game.
    The point of being selected is the fact that you have to report every bug, everything you find: it's not about having fun, it's about helping the developers fixing the game and when it will be fixed they will release it. That's the point. It's not having fun.

• I think i read somewhere where daneos say that here will be lvl cap lvl 70.
    Maybe in future we will get 75-80+ it depends on the players and support from them - my opinion.
    And i wonder to know why ppl want lvl cap 38,50 etc...? You guys want longer tests? And what you will do when you finally get the 38 lvl? This is nonsense...
    Let ppl lvl up to the max lvl and let them finding the bugs.

• I think i read somewhere where daneos say that here will be lvl cap lvl 70.
    Maybe in future we will get 75-80+ it depends on the players and support from them - my opinion.
    And i wonder to know why ppl want lvl cap 38,50 etc...? You guys want longer tests? And what you will do when you finally get the 38 lvl? This is nonsense...
    Let ppl lvl up to the max lvl and let them finding the bugs.

But DBOR does lvl 38! So DBOG MUST do it too... ;( Sarkasam of.. I said it often enough, lvl 38 is BS! You are there in 3 to 4 days.. More work for DBOG team.. Less fun because of less containt.. So even if i sound like a "fan" to a certain user here.. Badpicollo once again has the same opinion to me..

Yeah and the thing that I don't get is why you think getting selected for a closed alpha means that you should have fun playing the game.
    The point of being selected is the fact that you have to report every bug, everything you find: it's not about having fun, it's about helping the developers fixing the game and when it will be fixed they will release it. That's the point. It's not having fun.

I don't think he is talking about alpha.. he is talking about "open beta" and further..

• I don't think he is talking about alpha.. he is talking about "open beta" and further..

Whether or not he is talking about alpha, I can't know: he didn't explain clearly and I don't really know, I was just trying to make a point out of what he said.

• Ultimately, I agree with Muh and BadPicollo as Ive said before. I don't think there needs to be a level cap. IF~ there is to be one, I just nominate 40 to atleast get transformations. From any POV, I cant understand why there needs to be a cap in the first place. Either way, whatever happens happens so 8|

• I think the initial lvl cap should be lvl 30. This way we can progress slowly and look forward to the transformations and other skills. Meanwhile players can enjoy the initial maps and quests. Get dragon balls and gear. Take it slowly, enjoy the game. 8)

• theres prolly gonna be a level cap becuase content.

This. Also going to 40 would put us in the middle of the RP2 dungeon when it comes to quests so it wouldn't be a good idea. As I said, I believe 38 is a good starting cap. It also makes it easier to start more than one character so that when the level cap rises with an update you don't have to use too much time leveling more characters when you got a head start.

BTW, love the sig and avatar Kiera. :D

• Wouldn't it seem kind of strange forming an online game with no lvl cap? Idk if it's just me but I think that as long as the level cap is reasonably high enough then there shouldn't be problem with having one.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!