Developing Trust

• Okay. you may have spoken formally in the way you think you did. however it looks like you was being condescending.

And it shows in Contractz responses. it's simple that the misunderstanding was not cleared because neither of you presented clear opinions (you're slightly more guilty of this than he is but you both have done it) You asked for proof and such of where the money was going but was too general, Plus you have to admit as due to the recent thread no one is in the correct mindset to be 100% calm on this subject.

You "used power" which is just as bad if not worse than being childish, trying to '1-up' one another makes no progress. Meet as equals and discuss properly. And no one has to agree on everything (no one ever will) plus using over the top literature makes you sound snobby or egotistic when you normally wouldn't use that type of language.

Yes you're entitled to your own opinion, and it does not matter if he's new or not. and it very much does seem like your post was slightly geared to calling Daneos out as you don't trust him (which you should or you shouldn't play on his server that's governed by him and him only)

I can see where you're coming from in terms of saying you "felt the community needed this" but you did it at the absolute worst time. Anyone could have seen that really, as soon as one user goes off the rails for whatever reason someone else makes another thread saying what they think and it may be done with the best of intentions but the way it was written and as close to the other one as it was it looked bad (i'm not saying it is/was but the way in which you did it made it look as it was)

I'm trying not to criticize you (or anyone for that matter) Just stop taking everything so personally (you can say you aren't but it sure as hell looks like you are) and calm down. The whole community needs to calm down in all honesty. And like i said previously "Are there any more points either of you want to make? if so can you do it nicely and stop begin rude to one another."

If you can't do that then there's not really any more point to this thread. you said it yourself "it's a thread that encourages discussion on how we can improve as community." So in that retrospect do just that. stop trying to prove meaningless points and discuss civilly with one another.

• Wow.
    How more clear could I have been?
    I never asked for proof of anything. I asked for a statistic.
    Where, have I ever tried 1 upping anyone. And htf am I using "power". Take your own advice and provide "proof" and don't be so "general"
    It's not my fault you're misinterpreting my posts as "trying to 1up" people. I am speaking OBJECTIVELY.
    I speak like this all the time when mass communicating. I was taught correct literature is important when conveying messages, so I use it.
    Again, it's not my fault if someone doesn't understand something, even after I explain it to them more than twice.
    It is not my fault, people make their own assumptions.
    It is not my fault that you think my words imply something they do not.
    When did I say I didn't trust Daneos. if you read my first post again, you can see I said that I imply that I DO trust him.
    How can I speak about my opinion when you and ContractZ keep replying subjectively and keep calling me out for something. If you two really have a problem, like Arubaru said, PM me and leave the thread alone.
    Want me to be condescending?
    This is condescending.

• I agree with the part of "we should" , yeah we really should know where the money is going to and how much , but i don't even see big Companies doing it . It would be really good to have such a thing but Daneos doesn't really needs to do it if he doesn't want to .

Aighty , about having more Developers working in the project , maybe Daneos just doesn't wants to have more people working on it , maybe he can do it all by himself in a concidrable time , maybe he just doesn't want to because it's his policy . The truth is , yeah we should have more information about the project itself but the thing is , we don't must to .

• To be honest, I don't see the insulting, looks much more friendly than most other threads talking about such topics.

He should be enjoying the money to be honest, he's not forcing people to donate, and people shouldn't force people to stop donating.

Like I said on the last topic, he is working, just not in the way the community wants him to.

You don't need to stop supporting him. If you do stop, however, you're just making it worse!

Back to the question in the Thread "Do I trust Daneos to use the donation money solely for the purposes of the server?"
    I will answer with "Maybe, but not really!" Because he shouldn't use it solely for the development process. Every developer NEEDS the money. If the donations are coming and they are enough to feed the game, just like any other developer, he is allowed to use the donations!

I do get the part of people saying, "he's taking our money and using it for his own pleasures"... just like everything that works on Donations.
    Hospitals that get donations use the donations to help the sick, but when there is more than needed (which happens a lot) they actually give some to the workers for their hard work!

I support Daneos, hate if you want to hate, but if people want to hate, it's better for them NOT TO SUPPORT than cause a riot that makes 100 others stop doing so as well.
    You're free to do what you want, leave others alone :)

• keep trying to act like the big guy here. I know what ive read and their is no missunderstanding. Ive read your post 4 times now and with the way you been wording things as quoted in my above response shows you are actually attacking him but trying to hide behind the way you worded things. I could care less what you have to say at this point because i broke down everything in your original post and again what you asking from him is a bunch of bs

• Of course, Daneos can use some of the money for him. This is a very normal thing for the work he does. But the goal is to know:
    - does he have plenty of spare time for the game ??
    - does he have a family life?
    - What is he doing as a craft?
    - Constitution of the development team? There is Topic name 'Team" on forum

Of course, we do not need to know the details.[/b] Just a small presentation as a developer on the forum.

I repeat, no need to reveal all his private life. For my part, I will be asked to do so. (Couple, 34 years, no children, farmer). There's nothing to hide for that I think.
    As a player presentation.[/b]
    And then his goals for the game.

Regarding money, one does not need to know the exact sums, but for example, a percentage on how it is used.
    Example:
    - XX% for the server (hardware, rental)
    - XX% for the developer team?
    - XX% for Danéos
    - XX% other (I do not know)

I think it would provide better confidence. And yes, I know, no one is obliged to play this game.

When playing an official game, we do not know the bank statements (we do not need to know them, neither do Daneos), but we can inquire about the brand of the manufacturer and the authenticity of the game. (NTL, bandai, namco, ;;;;;).

I hope that I shocked no one, and that you understand my suggestions.

• I agree with the part of "we should" , yeah we really should know where the money is going to and how much , but i don't even see big Companies doing it . It would be really good to have such a thing but Daneos doesn't really needs to do it if he doesn't want to .

Aighty , about having more Developers working in the project , maybe Daneos just doesn't wants to have more people working on it , maybe he can do it all by himself in a concidrable time , maybe he just doesn't want to because it's his policy . The truth is , yeah we should have more information about the project itself but the thing is , we don't must to .

That's on Daneos, however he wants to finish the project, alone or not; it's entirely up to him.
    It'd be cool if he can hire translators and developers for the server though.

Hell if be translating like crazy if he were to hire me to do so.
    We don't need the information, but with the growing number of people doubting him, releasing such information might earn their trust

See the only issue here is that Bandai Namco has reserved rights for all DragonBall games that are out there.
    If Daneos uses any of that money from the donations for his own purposes, it'll be considered profit. If he makes profit without the license and rights from Bandai, he can be in legal trouble, and that could ultimately lead to the shutdown of DBOG.

Daneos may spend the money however he may want on the project itself.

I don't know how Bandai is approaching the situation and how Daneos is negotiating with them; all I know is they're aware of DBOG, and he is in contact with them.

By all means, if Bandai told Daneos he can use the donation money on himself, I'll be perfectly okay if he does.

• I'd like to also mention that there is nothing wrong with not trusting Daneos.
    For those who like to inquire and get to know the circumstances, don't feel threatened to voice your concern.

You must ask questions and learn to establish trust. So if you're one those who is still iffy on Daneos' integrity, please suggest ideas on how he can change that.

• I've talked to a Mod yesterday, he says there is "about" no chance of any legal issues!
    DBOCOM.COM stated that the torch was passed down to DBOG's developers (Which atm is only Daneos)

• I'd like to also mention that there is nothing wrong with not trusting Daneos.
    For those who like to inquire and get to know the circumstances, don't feel threatened to voice your concern.

You must ask questions and learn to establish trust. So if you're one those who is still iffy on Daneos' integrity, please suggest ideas on how he can change that.

As I mentioned, if you find Daneos isn't reliable, no need to trust him.
    If you feel like supporting the project isn't a good idea, then don't do it!
    It's your money.
    And Yes, if we do get a chart on how much money there is or how the money is being used, that could really help solidify the purpose of donating, but for me ATM, that isn't a huge deal (For me...don't take this as something personal to you!)

• I've talked to a Mod yesterday, he says there is "about" no chance of any legal issues!DBOCOM.COM stated that the torch was passed down to DBOG's developers (Which atm is only Daneos)

Hmm, what exactly did this moderator say and is it possible for you to reveal who he is?
    I'd like to PM him.

DBOCOM isn't affiliated with Bandai in anyway. I don't think Citrinate has any authority to pass down rights or to negate any legal action taken against DBOG. (If that is what you are referring to)

Remember this is a private server, not an official game.

• Hmm, what exactly did this moderator say and is it possible for you to reveal who he is?I'd like to PM him.

DBOCOM isn't affiliated with Bandai in anyway. I don't think Citrinate has any authority to pass down rights or to negate any legal action taken against DBOG. (If that is what you are referring to)

Remember this is a private server, not an official game.

We know, and I will send you a PM with the info if you want to talk with him more privately!

• Hi,
    I do agree that we should take more care about the community. The idea about having more developers is good too, but there is no way we can trust anyone. So I got to do everything alone. We have already seen what happens when you trust people (DBOR Files leaked).

I have no intention about stoping with DBOG. Im currently working on a caching system to speed up the server and add another layer of security against cheating which requires a lot of changes at all servers.

Regards

• Hi,
    I do agree that we should take more care about the community. The idea about having more developers is good too, but there is no way we can trust anyone. So I got to do everything alone. We have already seen what happens when you trust people (DBOR Files leaked).

I have no intention about stoping with DBOG. Im currently working on a caching system to speed up the server and add another layer of security against cheating which requires a lot of changes at all servers.

Regards

Daneos , I really am thankful for your hardwork but please answer me this . Why is the thought of having multiple versions of DBO a bad thing?
    i mean without Copyright Permission and if going under fair use , theoretically you should be making those files public knowledge and the fact that cash shop is a thing with real currency that alone makes this game a target for C&D from Toei and Bandi Japan. I know this has probably been asked billions of times but i just want to know if we're doing this for the right reason. Lets be real for a second here all internet rules aside . We are real people here , not some virtual AI's.

I'll be honest right now and i bet a lot of others may feel the same but i'd be more than willing to buy or hell i want a copy of the DBO's Files simply for personal and private use with me and my close friends. Cause Shenron forbids if something happened to this game again . There needs to be mass back ups of it .

• Hi,

Regards

I think that you are a human and there is many thinks that happen to humans evrey day if a bad think happen to you it will hurt the project too and we can lose dbo again i suggest to have a bigger staff with memebers that you know in real life i agree that there is many bastards in the world but there is also good guys too i hope that you understatnded what i meaned

• Why is the thought of having multiple versions of DBO a bad thing?

If Daneos is sick of working on the project, THEN he should definitely release the code. But until then from his standpoint it makes no sense at all to do so. Why should his years of hard work be lynched by people and create extra rival DBO servers?

It'll just create more subcategories within the DBO community and split us apart, possibly cost him a lot of cash, and then people will shittalk him again about the "best version" just like DBO Revelations.

It makes no sense from his perspective at all. And personally I'd rather see 1 big lively server rather than 4 dead ones.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!