No New episode of DBS?

• People have their own opinions we get it.
    But I like what they're doing in DBS they're literally just showing events that happened in previous Dragon ball shows not only that they're giving what the fans WANT and it's looking good.

And I understand you guys may hate DBS but you guys are old school, from a older generation. Understand this is a new generation with different opinions.

you've got the right point, thanks for ur words

• Honestly, Dragon Ball was far greater before.
    It was my favourite part of the entire series, I was never much into all that saiyan, aliens and all that crap xD

Everyone had a part in it, after that is was all Goku this and Goku that. Tho it was still good it already lacked some of the magic from DB.
    Now ... it just lacks everything '-' It's, um, it's just something you gotta watch every sunday so you can cross it off your To Do list hahaha

DB certainly had a certain "whimsy" to it. It felt weird, quirky, but still was able to be serious when it needed (without being cheesy like GT or DBS). Some fights in the original DB were some of the best fights in the entire series if you ask me. Kid Goku vs Muten Roshi at the first Tenkaichi in the series was intense af. The whole King Picollo fight was awesome too. And then ofc, you had a teen Goku and all his "frenemies" teaming up to take on Picollo Jr; so freakin badass. Muten Roshi was actually strong af in DB as opposed to becoming a total joke like in DBZ, GT, and DBS. Bulma was actually pretty hot in DB, unlike DBZ, GT, and DBS where she transformed into an old ass woman. Need I bring up the delicious outfit Kid Chi Chi donned in contrast to her frumpy adult self? And then there were completely badass characters like Tao Pai Pai who killed people with his tongue, b!tch slapped fools with his ponytail, and could cruise through the skies on a freakin' concrete pedestal he threw into the air.

Dragon Ball Z, on the other hand, certainly lost some of that magic you speak of. Things generally got much more serious, aliens coming down revealing the truth behind Goku's past, Goku & co. tasked with saving the Earth from the Saiyans and then the universe from Freeza, Cell, and Majin Buu. While it lost some of its quirky awesomeness, I feel like it evolved in a way that many people prefer to its predecessor. Even myself included. I love how they told a story of Goku being a simple little kid with super human strength and had him develop and evolve throughout the series becoming one of the most powerful forces in the universe. It was a captivating tale of constant self improvement; just had you on the edge of your seat waiting for "what Goku could possibly pull off next?". The villains were serious and intimidating which made Goku's progress seem all the more urgent. Masterfully composed story with wonderful animation that actually improved on DB's offerings prior.

Dragon Ball GT was a soulless cash grab by Toei. Toriyama didn't even have involvement in this project, so it is understandable that the story would be half assed. While the narrative elements certainly left alot to be desired, the visuals did not disappoint. It was nearly as polished as DBZ in many instances; offering smooth and detailed action scenes as well as emotionally charged scenes of despair. Sure, there existed some characters who were insufferable like Pan (which really kills me as a cute loli protagonist SHOULD have been a dream come true for me), but at least GT had a few redeeming factors here and there.

Then came DBS, which stripped away the beautiful hand drawn cel animation of DB, DBZ, and GT and replaced it with Flash Trash animation. You would think since Toriyama returned to write the story things would at least be better in the narrative department, but I feel as though this is the aspect that DBS fails on the hardest. Countless people have mentioned all the plotholes, stupid cringeworthy scenes, etc, so I don't think I need to delve into that again lol. As a final word, though, I find it astonishing how DB GT, with its lack of any Torityama input whatsoever, was somehow able to produce a design like SSJ4. So much creativity went into that design, and it looked badass as hell. But somehow, with Toriyama's full participation in DBS, the best he can come up with is lazy-ass SSJ recolors LMFAO. "Oh look, now his hair is red. Oh snap, now it is blue! Surely you guys are impressed now, right?" -.-

• Would be nice if Vegeta now has trained hard AF in secret when he was with bulma without the others knowing about it. Toppo said that there is one friend of his that is stronger then him. ''Jiren''
    And since goku fought equally(i would imagine) with Toppo, then Vegeta comes along and saves the day! ( Oh right! forgot that vegeta has to get his ass kicked all the time and no opportunity to shine....)

• Honestly, I like the bright vibrant colors in the DBS anime. It could have brought a whole new level of artistic mastery to Dragon ball as a franchise. But instead the animators decided to jerk off instead of put in the necessary hours to make something magical -.-

Animation studios in Japan run their employees like freakin slave drivers these days, so it's to be expected

• I kinda heard people saying he wasn't really interested in keep Dragon Ball running.
    If he's doing this for the money then ...

07bc7f17a09b49a5b93a843ce1d3f274.png

Wouldn't stop watching, but yeah.

If you ask me, I was fine with it if it ended right after DB '-'
    I honestly only like the abridged version of DBZ (TFS) xD
    DBS is OK-ish, I guess. Wouldn't hurt to be better tho '-'

• I personally enjoy Dragon Ball Super. I like the humor of it, DBZ was too serious. Also the pacing of the story is significantly better than DBZ was. I liked DBZ a lot but anybody who doesn't think the Frieza Saga just drags on more than twice as long as it needed to be should watch it again without nostalgia goggles. Just that part of DBZ was 68 episodes, compared to a total of 84 episodes so far in Super where we've seen like four times as many story arcs. I can't argue that I miss the previous animation style, clearly the computerization of this series is a bad thing, but it does mean that we get more fun with our DB friends since the alternative is too cost-prohibitive and the reason why they would reuse the same stock footage repeatedly during DBZ during certain points. And I realize everyone loves to see their Saiya-jin screaming and launching massive ki balls at each other, but filler is actually a good thing. It means we get to see more of the characters motivations beyond just, "Oh this big guy is attacking, I must fight!" And now we're getting the universal survival tournament arc, which is going to bring back into greater focus several characters who had just been tossed by the wayside in the pursuit of bigger kabooms. All-in-all I greatly enjoy the direction DBS is taking. I just think people should give it a chance - if you discover it's not you, cool. Don't watch it then. But you're here to begin with because of being a Dragon Ball fan. Internet flame wars be damned, it's more Dragon Ball, and it's Dragon Ball you haven't seen yet.

• You like the brutal amount of filler episodes before any arc ?
    Why ?

I never thought of dragon ball as an anime about friends and stuff. To me it's more of a fighting anime.
    Action / super power / shounen
    With so many fillers it just seems like their trying to beat Naruto's record. If only they were good ...

I'd rather see them release 12 episodes but all at once instead of 90 or something where a ton is not relevant.

I just gotta also say, it wasn't really 4 arcs, it was 2 so far.
    The first 2 were just the movies with hardly any change, also useless. There was no point in doing it again.

• I personally enjoy Dragon Ball Super. I like the humor of it, DBZ was too serious. Also the pacing of the story is significantly better than DBZ was. I liked DBZ a lot but anybody who doesn't think the Frieza Saga just drags on more than twice as long as it needed to be should watch it again without nostalgia goggles. Just that part of DBZ was 68 episodes, compared to a total of 84 episodes so far in Super where we've seen like four times as many story arcs. I can't argue that I miss the previous animation style, clearly the computerization of this series is a bad thing, but it does mean that we get more fun with our DB friends since the alternative is too cost-prohibitive and the reason why they would reuse the same stock footage repeatedly during DBZ during certain points. And I realize everyone loves to see their Saiya-jin screaming and launching massive ki balls at each other, but filler is actually a good thing. It means we get to see more of the characters motivations beyond just, "Oh this big guy is attacking, I must fight!" And now we're getting the universal survival tournament arc, which is going to bring back into greater focus several characters who had just been tossed by the wayside in the pursuit of bigger kabooms. All-in-all I greatly enjoy the direction DBS is taking. I just think people should give it a chance - if you discover it's not you, cool. Don't watch it then. But you're here to begin with because of being a Dragon Ball fan. Internet flame wars be damned, it's more Dragon Ball, and it's Dragon Ball you haven't seen yet.

If you think the only way to properly develop characters is by incorporating filler into a series, then I don't know what to tell you other than "you are wrong".

Filler is just made to fill gaps between meaningful parts in the series; it is not simply "any extended period of time without fighting". Dragon Ball was never exclusively about the combat; it was a mixture of adventure, fighting, and chill comedic elements. DBZ was way heavier on the combat aspect, sure. But there were tons of scenes without fighting; many of which were used to build up to the fighting scenes, which worked astonishing well imo.

DBZ is FAR from perfect. If I was to give it a score out of 10 i'd say somewhere around a 7.5-8. I don't even think DBZ is in my top 10 list of favorite anime/manga. But DBZ is still superior to DB, DB GT, and DBS in my opinion.

• This might sound stupid to say in a gaming community, but this goes to "Actions speak louder than words"

I love how characters develop through fights and actions instead of just talking in fillers!
    The way they made Vegeta a softy was actually something I very much appreciated back in DBZ (Against Majin Buu more specifically)

Doing character development through Fillers is of no use to me :( In the end, the action is all we are here for!! :D I love the DB/DBZ Action!

GT- As far as I am concerned, I might not like the GT series, but I have to admit that it had a good story from the start to the middle (then it kinda went down hill :( )

Super- They are making Vegeta a softy THE WRONG WAY. He's my favorite character, he always has been and will always be (same with Vegito, cuz he's more Vegeta than Goku). They should get more fights and SERIOUSLY Debate developing him through fights.

• I just watched 30+ episodes of Digimon Adventure (Japanese subbed) and I can tell you right now that Toei Animation is a homewrecker of an animation studio in this day and age. Digimon Adventure completely shits on their feeble attempts at a "direct sequel" AKA the trash known as Digimon Adventure Tri. The animation is so damn stilted it is UNWATCHABLE.

Same damn thing with the atrocity of modern animation Dragon Bull Shit. These companies see a chance to milk their longtime fans for nostalgia and most of the sorry bastards eat it up like malnourished dogs. Ya'll need to WAKE THE FUCK UP and realize the shit these companies are serving you!

• They seem to bring every character back with a big boost (even too big to believe it) into power, techniques, endurance,...

On one hand it's good to see more unique characters that actually have a value in the story and that it isn't just goku and the dumbfuk randoms adventure. On the other hand, it is unbelievable, even in the DBZ universe to go from no training back to fully battle-ready in 5 minutes. That's the only thing bugging me. And the fact that the power of everyone will exceed even beyond beerus and that gay guardian i forgot the name of.

In DB and the start of DBZ you atleast had a proper ranking in power and abilities, right now the diffrences are too big and actuall good measurements are nonexisting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!