WHY LVL60 CAP IS THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION

• Understanding the idea first:

Everyone who played DBO in the lvl60 cap know it was a balanced (at least much more balanced than the last DboTw days), and most important fun game. I know it is imposible to use the old client with scouter chips (for anticritic, rp charge speed and raw max lp), but that's not a problem at all since the crit formula would change if it is unbalanced. Decreasing the lvl cap does not require any sort of new content, in fact, the dungeons like bacterian/cell/kraken are not implemented yet in the dbog server so theorically the game could be ready sooner (Daneos does not need to implement these dungeons if the level cap is 60), and all the lvl60 cap content is alredy in the server, you dont need to add any new skills, gear or whatever you could imagine. :D
    This thread is not about f2p, p2w or any other economic stuff, we are here to discuss gameplay features.

PVE

Attack speed:

Attack speed ruined the PVE, thats the sad true. In order to complete any kind of Dunegon (including CCBD) you just need the poko/karma for the speed buffs, a healer to sustain the party and the ultimate that can just buff the party and leave afk. The other spot in the party depends on the poko's tankiness (if he cant tank you bring a sk/dw with you otherwise you bring a turtle). So all the other classes arent needed (you can find videos with other classes doing pve, i am talking about the fastest way to complete a dungeon). Plus you dont need any mechanic, just autoattack and stop when a reflect buff appear. (Not fun at all) :(
    Lvl60 cap fixes this problem, the weapons lvl60 have less %attack speed so even with all the buffs you wont be able to have a full party with 100% attack speed, so now you have any class in the game viable to do pve content (including karma who has kidbuu/aoe/%crit buff/foc buff, and poko who has remove debuff/rp buff/ support healing/both melee and energy def buff/resurrect skill). Now the pve content sounds more like a real challenge with instead of just autoattack to win.

Content:

At lvl70 cap you have a few options to choose in pve. You can go to Bacterian/cell/kraken (the dummy dungeons, kills a few mobs and go directly to the boss then repeat, nothing is more boring than that), or you can go CCBD, this is the fun option, you can spend hours in just one round, it is a challenging experience and you can obtaing very good rewards. The problem is the same again, back on the old dbo days there were lvl29 char with cc150 aura, do you know how it is possible? Simple, you just need a poko that can tank and you are good to go, healer/karma/poko/buffer/any char lvl29, and you got it, now go and break the balance in the kid budokai, you are the best.
    Now in lvl60 cap, no attack speed= more challenging CCBD runs, no more lvl 29 char with cc150 aura, the fun is much greater, you have more hours of good content and the rewards are awesome (cc70 rewards you with accesories, cc90 rewards you with armor and weapons).
    P.D: Right now the top floor in CCBD is 100F, which is extremely hard to achieve with a full lvl60 party, so again Daneos can spend time with other important stuff instead of adding 50 new floors to the server.
    But CCBD is not the only thing you can do at lvl60, UD6 is by far the best content ever added to the game, it is huge, long sessions of playing, it is challenging and you can get very good weapon/sub weapon. Everyone who has played at this cap can guarantee that. :thumbup:
    If you dont have that much time to play you can go to TMQ7 to get some great gear (tmq7 gear now is crap, but in lvl60 cap this was the best gear you can obtain to try cc90).
    Nowadays you can solo this tmq easy but with lvl60 you will need a good party to complete it.
    The boss event is pretty easy, just one person with good lvl70 gear with buffs and a healer can kill it, it would be more interesting with lvl60 gear.

PVP

We need to understand pvp is not just 1v1, there are classes with more 1v1 potential whereas other classes perform better in 5v5, and other classes have more potential in the big pvp content (dojo wars/scramble), the goal here is try to have a game with no useless classes as well as no OP classes.

Dojo wars and scramble had the same problem in lvl70 cap, a single turtle with good gear use the 2 kame skills, and maybe a tank survives or a fighter dodges , all the rest of the ppl is dead, there is no strategy/plan/gear that can counter this issue. In the party budokai occurs something similar, if you cant interrupt the turtle's kames, half of your party is done. How can a turtle hit that hard? Lvl70 weapons have 33% energy crit damage bonus, and the kames damage increase significantly when a it is a critical hit. But how can the turtle crit that often? Lvl70 armor and accesories have 34 foc bonus, so the crit rate is high enough to crit often.
    Lvl60 cap lowers both damage and crit rate bc the gear's bonus are not that high, now you have a wide variety of partys/plans/strategy to use in order to win in pvp.
    This solution also lowers the damage of all the other classes (sks and fighters just to mentions 2 of the deadly classes in 1v1) so the classes who dont rely on doing dmg and rely in other things like cc chain, healing, dot, debuffing,etc can stand a chance vs the dmg reliant clases. 8o

I am not saying this is the only way to have a fun game, but it seems to be pretty simple to implement, and could bring the game back sooner guaranteeing lots of fun.
    Share your thougts! :thumbsup:

• Well first of all, I can say that this would be a good idea, but the problem is that it takes away a lot of content, less content = less hours to play, and because of that dbo would lose it's players which means no good. At level 70 all those dungeons are the most fun part(in my opinion), unless Daneos would make it so that you can access them in level 60. Then it would be a really good idea.

-Antoška

• I think new people or 70cap players (who didnt play level 60 cap), shouldnt comment and shouldnt LIKE or DISLIKE on this post. No offense, but people who played both caps should do.

Well first of all, I can say that this would be a good idea, but the problem is that it takes away a lot of content, less content = less hours to play, and because of that dbo would lose it's players which means no good. At level 70 all those dungeons are the most fun part(in my opinion), unless Daneos would make it so that you can access them in level 60. Then it would be a really good idea.

-Antoška

You man... "less conten=less hours to play" WHAT ARE U SAYING! If you play level 70cap, of course you will skip level 60 content man... The real fun were allways on level 60 cap, think about 70cap: TMQ6-7?=USELESS, UD6? (best PvE content in game)=USELESS, CCBD?=no shitty partyes full speed doing a great content easy as fck.. Could write hours, but maybe you are wrong and didnt play the endgame content on level 60cap.

• If by "content" you mean number of dungeons you are right, but all the non lvl70 dungeons are useless at this cap.
    If by "content" you mean number of dungeons that are useful (for example rewards you with good gear/accesories) then at lvl60 you have not only more content, you have more quality and fun

• If by "content" you mean number of dungeons you are right, but all the non lvl70 dungeons are useless at this cap.
    If by "content" you mean number of dungeons that are useful (for example rewards you with good gear/accesories) then at lvl60 you have not only more content, you have more quality and fun

there useless right now too in game because it all bugged

• just to clear things up, the idea is to use lvl 60 dungeons (ud6, tmq7), cell bacterian kraken in this scenario would not be implemented. Daneos would not need to low the levels of any kind of drop,if you get a lvl 70 gear you just cant equip it since your lvl is not enough to use it. However the u70 stones can upgrade lvl60 gear so there is no trouble going into papaya to farm upgrade stones.

you offer another solution, i dont agree/disagree, but in your scenario you need daneos to implement all the papaya dungeons so the game would come later

• i like the idea of lvl 60 cap. I wasnt there when it was the cap but the way he explains it makes sense

and why would those dungeons be useless? Would just be way harder i geuss and will take a full party to complete it but will probaly be do-able

This is jusy my opinion though
    And sorry for my bad english :D

• Downright removing all the content above level 60 would suck, and taking the effort to transform everything in the game to be level 60 compatible would be near impossible to work out correctly.

Yeah, level 60 was more balanced back in the day, but instead of just destroying or adjusting everything past level 60, we could just simply balance the actual game mechanics a better. Your suggestion has nice idealism, but it's not remotely realistic at all.

• Downright removing all the content above level 60 would suck, and taking the effort to transform everything in the game to be level 60 compatible would be near impossible to work out correctly.

Yeah, level 60 was more balanced back in the day, but instead of just destroying or adjusting everything past level 60, we could just simply balance the actual game mechanics a better. Your suggestion has nice idealism, but it's not remotely realistic at all.

Absolutely right! Revamp everything back to 60 is in my opinion just a waste of time! And it wouldn't work right anyways, too many things where changed..
    Best cap balance wise was lvl 50 cap in my opinion anyways - 60 had some problems too..
    And even if cap is 70, what stopps players from playing lvl 60 content? And attack speed is useless now, so no more speed partys - atleast not like in bugged lvl 70 cap in old DBO..

• Imop the idea of atk speed crit % or atk acc being able to reach a static "perfect hit" is a game designing/mechanical flaw not a level number problem at that point nerfs welcome but propose a different more Dragonball like theme implement buffs/debuffs beyond 100%...k u have 100% atk spd buffs...boss has 200% buff n as u increase level you can go beyond a 100%

• I like the idea, but maybe it's too late? Not sure about that question...

If you'll keep all the content above level 60 there, you might aswell take it away. Don't get me wrong here, but if you'll drop u70s or level 65 and 70 armor, it's pretty bad to have it around!

Keeping the already added (but unneeded) stuff in would make the game not feel...RIGHT!
    I wont tell a person "There was supposed to be a higher level cap than this, but that was long before!"

I 100% agree with the idea though. It would save a ton of work that Daneos has to go through and it would 100% be more fun!
    I am just confused on why you want to keep the level 61+ content if the game is gonna be capped at level 60.

• I agree with you, it would not feel right. It would be perfect if Daneos removes all the 61+ content (right now the only 61+ content is papaya island since kraken/cell/bacterian/cc101-150 are not implemented), but i am not sure how easy is to remove a map or not allow ppl to enter the map (i assume if you cant enter to papaya you cant kill mobs 61+ so you cant get 61+ items).

If daneos cant remove the 61+ content, its not the end of the world. It would feel awkard, but you could not equip 61+ gear and the balance and fun would be there 100%.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!