<Community Thread> About the White Stones update...

• Hello Community,

As always, I wanted to thank all the people that contributed in the previous CM post, specially to @Cashalot and @Rednaks1 who suggested a handful of event types :D

Yesterday's update

I believe many do not understand the reason of the latest update regarding white stones, although it is quite simple IMHO:

• Daneos is working in the development of DBOG to get closer to what TW was, minus most P2W stuff.
    • To do so, there are different parameters that need to be changed in each area: in the particular case of stones, drop rate and upgrade system.
    • These parameters are by no means independent from other content, in this case dungeon access (Papaya BIDs, @Cosmo, I had a busy week and other subjects to discuss with Daneos before mentioning PAPAYA BIDs to him, I should have a reply today or tomorrow on that tho).
    • During the process of testing and tweaking these parameters, POB server as a TEST server already had and will still have periods that might seem far from the final objective: a stable/non-p2w server.

If you expected the POB server to be perfect or even close to that during its existence then you misread its reason to be.

Events

After some minor setbacks the organization of events has been modified a little. For instance, I'll be hosting these events as a regular player and not as staff, so I'll prepare a separate thread later on to prepare next Scavenger Hunt. We will still receive event suggestions that will be taken into account for OB.

Communication issues

We try to communicate a lot, but if you guys don't hear us out and do not help us as a community and as individual players the conversation won't go anywhere.
    Some things to keep in mind:

1. Read Global Update Thread after each maintenance, it is everyone's responsibility to know what changed after updates.
    2. When using Help Desk system, provide as much information as you can, otherwise tickets will be dismissed.
    3. Do not share/sell/buy/trade accounts, staff works hard to help Daneos with duties surrounding development and we cannot deal with the risks you guys take when doing so. For more information on this, check EsDeath's thread.

You can write to any moderator or to myself if you have questions about this!

Thank you,

Aru :dpeace:

Previous Community Threads

<Community Thread> Let's talk... Events! (And some other topics)

<Community Thread> Community Manager - Let's Talk!

• All sounds good to me, looks like things are moving closer and closer to how they should be :)

I'm in no hurry at all for the 3 BID in Papaya Island. Merely curious as to their current situation. As you mentioned to me either on the forums or Discord ( i forget which one :D ) that they need more time due to the very VERY wide range of items and accessories they can drop :)

I look forward to seeing how the new events will work and be carried out. I hope they run smoothly :thumbsup:

• I mean, I agree with the change.

Here is the deal, if Whitestones get removed and become harder to access, this change should most likely be reverted back. If so, People will no longer have +15 lvl 70 gear at all.

Due to calculations:
    It will take around 34 Tries on average to make a +14 item go to +15.
    33 of those will either fail or break, which means you'll have around +12 (and good luck getting back to +14 from there)
    so that means, you legitimately will need about 495+/- whitestones to get a decent +15 item, that's a huge waste of time if you're typically doing events or such to get whitestones.

ATM, I don't have any issues with it though.

Keep up the work @arubaru :)

• First of all thanks for your motivation, objectiveness and good work.

During the process of testing and tweaking these parameters, POB server as a TEST server already had and will still have periods that might seem far from the final objective: a stable/non-p2w server

It is still pre open beta and you try things, atm I can live with that.
    Still i can't find the reason for it and hope it isn't carried over to the new start then. (Nobody explained it for me so far for it to make personally sense. Sure there are players who personally think it is better that the average player runs with +8 and I can tolerate that, that isn't an explenation for me tho.)
    Your arguments making it easier but there is just not enough information for me to fully understand the plan of action.

Daneos is working in the development of DBOG to get closer to what TW was, minus most P2W stuff.

TW had tickets to make up for the hard upgrade. I know all are against tickets and we won't be seeing them work and I am fine without them but having the same hard upgrade system and no tickets, personally it is frustrating. Even more when looking at D4-Da.$$s calculations.

Imo nerfing the upgrade system is more of a push to p2w (sure the average casher won't get his max gear with it, only those who can afford that high amount of stones needed. By no means i want to say it is because of greed tho, I am sure there are good intentions, personally I just think it is they way it will be going if carried over)

We try to communicate a lot, but if you guys don't hear us out and do not help us as a community and as individual players the conversation won't go anywhere.

Deneos asked for it in the thread where it was discussed that there are to many stones in uds. From my point of view the majority there was against it while giving reasonable arguments. I also see it as a responsibility to not keep my mouth shut when I think it is constructive and it is going in the wrong way, because I love this game.
    (For pre open beta I have my 3x +15 gears and later I can afford to cash me them again, but I experienced many times that making it too hard/not rewarding is bad for the overall activity and motivation).
    So when seeing that there are enough of players against it I would expect a more detailed explenation and not just after some complained/raged.

Daneos sure has his reasons and sure this helps with too many stones on low lvl dungeons (if there really is a high amount of players using white stones for gear below lvl70). But giving information on the end game content which imo (and many of those who responded in this thread) got a negative impact would have been nice and make it easier. (Like if it is planned that BIDS are dropping stones, unlike in TW, if there will be Wagu coins in the future,...)

My subjective opinion on this, I hope you can still see the reason and constructive intention.

• Thanks for your comment @oEffy :

About pob: The "unfair" periods won't be carried away to the new start. What kind of explanation do you need exactly? Development of the game in the private server requires several but individual updates. It is normal for people to say "This isn't ok" because we acknowledge it isn't ok or done (like the fact that there is no Papaya BIDs yet), but what I want people to understand is that we are on the same boat. We don't want to keep things unfair by any means. We like hearing your opinions, but quite often these polarize the community pointing fingers - at Daneos most of the time - saying that he wants to make this game P2W, he's a greedy fuck and many things. Pointing out what is wrong is necessary, but accusing people of doing so for personal interest out of the blue it's what can be troublesome/

About upgrade system: it is far from being a definitive system. We will have an actual panorama of this once all level cap content is set and Daneos has fully decided how white stones will be gained in-game and not in cash shop anymore. If mistakes were made, changes can be done again, that's the beauty - and the complexity - of a private server.

About communication: We need everyone's input. I enjoy reading and answering to posts like yours. Some info I got about end-game content:
    - last BIDs will be implemented in Open Beta (your answer @Cosmo )
    - Wagu system will exist, as it was never stated otherwise.

If you want to ask specific questions, you can post em publicly in here or send me a PM, whatever you want. If I can answer myself I'll do so. If I cannot, I'll contact Daneos in order to provide a proper reply.

Thanks again.

• i suggest change back the previous white stone system.
    When we are getting close to the restart'/wipe, then change the white stones to break is -2.
    However when you do it right now, people get frustrated because its unfair to them, compared to all those players who got +13/14/15 items before the change.

You know it makes sense the way i suggest it.

• Personally i feel that that will not go down well with users who do not use the forums and when we switch to OB they will suddenly be confused as to why the stones now work differently.

It's better to get used to how things are going to work rather than suddenly change it as you'll get an uproar otherwise.

i suggest change back the previous white stone system.
    When we are getting close to the restart'/wipe, then change the white stones to break is -2.
    However when you do it right now, people get frustrated because its unfair to them, compared to all those players who got +13/14/15 items before the change.

You know it makes sense the way i suggest it.

• You do have a point, however you do not know how long its going to take till theres a wipe.
    It might be another year(s)
    You truly want a (big) group of people full +15 items , t-bagging everyone else in pvp,pve just because they upgraded their items a few weeks/months earlier?

Thats not fair to newer players who will have to spend ALOT more.
    While as a server ur supposed to make new players feel welcome.

Thats excactly why in my humble opinion, daneos should keep the upgrading system the way it was, till the last week(s) before wipe/reset.
    Because if u want it or not, people will feel bad about it, not about the upgrading itself, but because other players have a gigantic high upgraded items advantage over them.

• Thanks again for the well written answer.

You just test and it is totally fine with me, I, among other annontations, stated some reasons which sure will be considered with all other opinions when he makes his decision.
    It was just like he asked if he should do it, the majority where he asked gave good reasons against it and an explenation on what he expects from this would have been nice (that wasn't really given). I personally would expect that on all decisions where it is known beforehand that it will end up in a strong discussion (if it is on the forum or/and in the game).
    An addition on the point when updating may help calming others done like "White stones will give you -2 when broken (This is test due too ... reasons to see if ....and we will see/vote again when open beta comes)"

True that pointing fingers about him beeing greedy is bad and those decisions tend to polarize, while I don't think he is (and I hope I have never made that impression) there will allways be frustrated people who will keep their anger going (I even experienced it on a private server game where you can get anything with tokens and enough time to collect them, even max graded gear).
    It is the same with those p2w discussions, imo giving cashers a little advantage is fine, most are out working and can't spend that much time needed in this game so they can make up for it while also helping the server and giving Daneos a monetary appretiation (a classic win-win). Then there are those who are thinking putting the smalest content in cash shop is out of greed, those who say all money has to flow back into the server and those who think just those who spends thousands should gain an advantage.
    I don't think there can be much done to prevent this, they all have their reasons. (As I will allways give my opinion on threads like that if I feel it is too onesided and not on my side^^)
    I just hope he knows that there are many others really apriciating his high efforts to giving us that great game back out of the blue (iirc the announcement of the os closing was just like 2-3months before, so not much time to get as much data as you need).

• Hi , hope all of you are fine !! ^^
    if we keep the white stones right know ( i think it is where it should bee in CS ) so we can keep this " NEW " upgrade sytem ^^
    but if you guys wanna remouve the Stones for the CS so we have to get back to the old upgrade sytem
    Geeting White stones with events : this idea could bee good but what will gonna bee the events world bosses ? mobs hunting ? drop in dungeons for some days ? tell us what it will gonna looks like ^^
    the bids specially the kraken are the best dungeons ever insannlly cool and fun i can't wait for them ^^ i have a suggestion about them what if you guys add a defficulty like normal bids hard bids and heroique bids and btw add new stuff ( neckale ring and earing maybe waepon and sub weopon ) the heroique stuff that could bee drop it only in heroique dungeons tell mee if you like the idea ^^ ( i know that the stuff have to bee balanced ^^ ) i have an idea for what it could looks like ^^
    Suggestion :
    i have a suggestion about the world boss in all games world boss is a boss who should have a huge hp and do insane high damge and gives good loots it is not the case of dbo my suggestion it to make the world boss more intersting !! how ?
    1- could give nice loots exp boost form 1-70
    2- could give a key to go to heroique mode of bids !!
    3- could give white stones
    4- could give golden chest
    5- could give constitution 15 -20 rings
    with adding this loots we have to make it away harder to kill and let all server come to help each other :
    1- he have to do Huge Range aoe that doo gooood damge ( like cc120 aoe )
    2- should have at least 10kk HP
    3- why not include PK on it like in Saint Seiya Onlline ( but this have to bee like 1 per week or 1 per mounth a speacial event )
    guys pleas let mee know if you liked the idea or not and let mee know if you want to know any think about what i have said ^^ !! Hope that evrey one had \ have a good day ^^

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!