Japanese can't fucking animate!

• The time restraints for the animators are so insane, so they just have to do what they can in the amount that they have.

I've heard horror stories about the way animators in Japan are treated like sweat shop workers. Even then, there exist a few animation studios who give their employees better treatment. How come even the studios with higher budgets/ more leeway with time constraints are unable to deliver anything besides the typical "off-model", herky-jerky animation seen in nearly all examples of 2010-2017 anime series?

• Trigger, for example, is considered to be one of the "best" modern animation studios in terms of the "quality" they churn out. Personally, I don't find this lazy animation style "quality" in the least:

^It's certainly not as bad as other studios out there (looking at you Toei) but it seems lackluster at best.

• Jesus, even the super high budget stuff looks trashy

^I don't get it. Why can't they animate like they used to? They have all the resources at their disposal not to mention all the technological advancements of the modern era. As far as I am concerned, these studios have no freaking excuse o,o

• Maybe you're saying that because of Dragon Ball Super's Animation , Well , it's definitely getting better , but the only thing I know , is that usually Animation depends on the budget .

Conclusion : It's all about the money bruh , all about the money !

• Maybe you're saying that because of Dragon Ball Super's Animation , Well , it's definitely getting better , but the only thing I know , is that usually Animation depends on the budget .

Conclusion : It's all about the money bruh , all about the money !

It's always been about the money though. Why were they able to animate well like 10 years ago, but now they can't do it no matter how big a budget they got? This isn't merely about DBS (i dont even watch DBS anymore) Just look at all the examples I provided above.

• just watch samurai jack, the new season is running. They still have their authentic and unique drawing style and their moral for every story, in terms of quality of story telling and quality of the series, this is one to be appreciated.

The story has turned more with emotions and intelectual problems, wich gives it a nice touch for those who grew up with samurai jack to actually enjoy it and feel like they have aged with him instead of watching something with something too nostalgic and nothing new (i'm talking about DBS here).

• Is that an anime ? o.O
    I always thought that, um, thing was made by americans or something '-'

no, it's a cartoon, but i always liked their style of animating things, they actually put work into them to look diffrent and inspiring. The characters are really memorable and fun to watch to grow as you go further into the story.

Even after all these years i still knew how the scottsman, jack's parents, the story itself was and the moments that were important.

• just watch samurai jack, the new season is running. They still have their authentic and unique drawing style and their moral for every story, in terms of quality of story telling and quality of the series, this is one to be appreciated.

The story has turned more with emotions and intelectual problems, wich gives it a nice touch for those who grew up with samurai jack to actually enjoy it and feel like they have aged with him instead of watching something with something too nostalgic and nothing new (i'm talking about DBS here).

Yeah, uh, Samurai Jack may be an awesome show, but it ain't anime, plain and simple xD

• Why can't Japanese people animate anymore? This question is targeted at all the weaboos and otaku residence of these forums. For those of you who have watched anime for many years, I ask why the bloody hell does Japanese animation suck so damn much nowadays?

Because it is too expensive for a normal anime and no studio want to take the risk. Also I think the animation studios have lots of pressure due to time.

• Because it is too expensive for a normal anime and no studio want to take the risk. Also I think the animation studios have lots of pressure due to time.

I know this is the case for MANy animation studios, but why is there not a SINGLE one that shows some level of integrity in their end product? I get the cheaper ones having these issues, but big budget studios with more lenient deadlines are making the exact same mistakes :O

• I know this is the case for MANy animation studios, but why is there not a SINGLE one that shows some level of integrity in their end product? I get the cheaper ones having these issues, but big budget studios with more lenient deadlines are making the exact same mistakes :O

I guess it is because we're buying their crap.

• I guess it is because we're buying their crap.

^One of the reasons I flat out REFUSE to support the bullshit companies shove down consumers' collective throats. Same thing goes for sell-out videogame companies like Nintendo who milk fans for nostalgia (aka milk their successes of the past) in order to get people to hand over their cash for sub-par gaming experiences!

It's a sad state we live in where fans will actually go out of their way to defend mediocrity and call detractors "entitled" or other nonsense in order to inhibit propagation of negative reception of a certain work, whether it be animation, videogames, etc.

If these companies know we will buy whatever crap they give us, there is plainly no reason for them to make any attempts to improve! >.<

• ^One of the reasons I flat out REFUSE to support the bullshit companies shove down consumers' collective throats. Same thing goes for sell-out videogame companies like Nintendo who milk fans for nostalgia (aka milk their successes of the past) in order to get people to hand over their cash for sub-par gaming experiences!
    It's a sad state we live in where fans will actually go out of their way to defend mediocrity and call detractors "entitled" or other nonsense in order to inhibit propagation of negative reception of a certain work, whether it be animation, videogames, etc.

If these companies know we will buy whatever crap they give us, there is plainly no reason for them to make any attempts to improve! >.<

That's the thing, because they know we will buy it anyway. Nostalgia can be good but it has to be balanced out with new content. Right now 90% of all the anime/cartoons of this day rely too much on nostalgic feeling without even comprehending the fact that you need to rely on new principles to become greater for the audiance that grew up with them (since most of the reboots and anime as DB super was directed for those pple that grew up with it). Instead they tried to gave us too much of the old feeling what db supposed to be with the flaws of the series (power levels were a joke, the animation has even gotten more bad than it used to be and the new characters that got introduced get completely overshadowed by goku again).

Right now Dragonball super can be called Goku's adventures, this worked for dragon ball series since goku was a kid, everything was new the story telling was way better and the characters development was way deeper then the one in DBS. I would more likely wait 2-3 weeks to get a series with overall better quality.

But then again, The community of today is so selfcentered that even bringing something out for the people only is done if it is an assured profitable in a small amount of time for themselfs, the passion and selfcommitment seems to die bit by bit the further we "evolve" as a society.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!