Skill Points for Transformations

• I'll be the one who disagrees with this suggestion, I don't like the idea of spending SP on things like kaioken and transformation, because even those few sp points can change a lot in your build depending on your class...

Yeah, but it's still the player's choice if he/she wants to sacrifice points to spend on the transformation (or whatever they want to spend them on). It's what builds are all about, enabling everyone to be different and play their character the way they want to. Maybe to some people, using those points there might "change a lot" in a good way.

Given the fact that the classes will be balanced out in the end (maybe some skills might even take less points to max out in the future, who knows), you can rest assured that it would stay that way, if this idea does get implemented.

• I was always hoping that if we get lvl 80 cap on old DBO we get the possibilityto spent 1 SP more on GN to make it last 5 min longer, or use some new skills like "mouth energy beam" for Warrior Class and "Antenna Beam" for Healer Class, or atleast reduce CD a bit..

• Yeah, but it's still the player's choice if he/she wants to sacrifice points to spend on the transformation (or whatever they want to spend them on). It's what builds are all about, enabling everyone to be different and play their character the way they want to. Maybe to some people, using those points there might "change a lot" in a good way.

Given the fact that the classes will be balanced out in the end (maybe some skills might even take less points to max out in the future, who knows), you can rest assured that it would stay that way, if this idea does get implemented.

This. Even if you don't want to spend SP you can still have the transformation from the wish. Some people run Kaio-Ken at only 1 SP actually.

• Personally If i could spend 1 or 2 SP is SSJ to make it better then i would do it. I Think Kaioken is much more Reliable than ssj at the moment and i HATE that. Kaioken Mastered with 3 SP... is better than ssj. Makes no sense vs the show but thats just me.

Agreed, and they pulled the same crap in Xenoverse. Kaio-Ken x20 in XV gives you a 15% attack boost and unlimited use of Stamina skills (including an Ultimate). SSJ2 in XV only gives you a 5% increase in certain attack stats, drains your ki like it's a buffet, and is much easier to counter.

But seriously having Kaio-Ken be initially better than SSJ (and possibly Pure Majin for that matter) is just wrong. Now if it mattered if we buffed our Kaio-Ken to like x40 or something than yeah that would make sense, but a regular Kaio-Ken?

• U dont need more SP on the SSJ. if the skill is to weak for u use the SSJ Pot much stronger than the normal Skill.
    Thats why DBO created the SSJ,GreatNamek and KidBoo pots.
    The second one is ur not 100% Saiyajin in the game ur Human and the SSJ is just a Wish.
    So why you should have the full power off a Saiyajin ? (Use the Pots and get the full power)

Dont need to change the game really.

When you thought you couldn`t beat me, you should have run.
    Never underestimate your Enemy.
    giphy.gif

• You know it's the whole "Saiyan" heritage argument that annoys me greatly. Yes it affects how easy it is to gain the form. It does NOT however determine how powerful the form is. The three transformations are skills like every other technique in the series. You train yourself to use the skill more effectively, which also raises its power. Kaio-Ken follows the same concept in fact with its SP. Hell there's a reason why they're called "Skill Points" in the first place. Keeping the transformations without SP goes against the entire concept of training (leveling and distributing SP) to begin with so we might as well not have them in the first place.

Also, relying on pots is just stupid. They were a Cash Shop item that you had to pay for so they're technically p2w items. Now of course this means they'll be put into the game somehow (a reward or event item or something). However, that does NOT mean they'll be easy to get. They need to be rare enough that people can't have a load of them at one time.

• I didn't get to play DBO for long but what exactly are the affects of the Super Saiyan Pot I see all the time? Yes, Im a nub lmao

Double, maybe even tripled the stat effect of whatever transformation potion. gave you epic ki regen and didnt drain.
    If the skill would be compared to ssj1 then this potion would be ssj2 and then some.

...but if i could put it into my own words" OP cash item that makes you GODLY for 30 mins or untill death."

• Double, maybe even tripled the stat effect of whatever transformation potion. gave you epic ki regen and didnt drain.
    If the skill would be compared to ssj1 then this potion would be ssj2 and then some.

...but if i could put it into my own words" OP cash item that makes you GODLY for 30 mins or untill death."

Hence why it should be an item that shouldn't be easy to get and rely on over the transformation skill.

• Double, maybe even tripled the stat effect of whatever transformation potion. gave you epic ki regen and didnt drain.

Damn. No wonder everyone was always using one. Should get a couple when I can xD

• Yeah, but it's still the player's choice if he/she wants to sacrifice points to spend on the transformation (or whatever they want to spend them on). It's what builds are all about, enabling everyone to be different and play their character the way they want to. Maybe to some people, using those points there might "change a lot" in a good way.

i agree.

I don't recall the transformation pot giving a higher attack speed boost than the skill. In fact, I didn't noticed a difference between those two and Kaio-Ken.

kaioken gave you stats
    ssj doubled those stats
    kaioken rank 3 is both of those together.
    ssjpot is all 3 of these.

Transformations were only good for the level they were designed for. It was originally 50. SSJ was really good in KR before they nerfed it to level 40. It wasent even worth getting since then.

Before the nerf ssj was legit. I think it was as strong as Kiaoken rank 3, that was a long time agi, im not exactly sure, but the best reason why this was so good is becuase of the ACTION SPEED. Im not talking about ATTACK SPEED, Im not talking about COOLDOWN either. Action speed is your skills speed.
    The best way i can describe this is..Attack speed for skills, how fast a skill finishes so you can sooner use another one.lets just call it skill anime speed.

@Rant

• Wait so not only was SSJ just as strong, but it gave your skills faster speed? WTF NTL?! D:

...so what about Pure Majin and Great Namek? What got nerfed for those two when they got dropped to 40?

• oh but wait, dont forget to mention that Animation speed back then was half of what it is today.
    Skills took much longer to be released and were very slow paced ( even buff animations) , so the ssj animation speed then was how we hit with our characters without it today.
    If think they mentioned somewhere they were speeding up the animations and that would be the reason why ssj wouldnt give you that anymore, but even so it felt fast back then, but I might 've gotten used to speeding up the animations only with transformations, so it gave that feeling of going faster.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!