Skill Points for Transformations

• As the title says, it would be nice to have the transformations have skill points to distribute into as well. Why? Well if Kaio-Ken has them than why not transformations? I'll explain how this would work.

Obviously when you wish for the form you'll start at 1 SP and you'll be able to put 2 more SP into the transformation (giving the skill 3 SP total). One SP would make the forms have the vanilla stats. By adding SP you would do the following:

Super Saiyan: Slightly increase the stat bonuses and reduce drain; double EP buff and CD would remain the same.
    Pure Majin: Slightly increase the stat bonuses and reduce drain; CD would remain the same.
    Great Namek: Slightly increase the stat bonuses and increase form duration (12 minutes for 2 SP and 15 for 3 SP); CD and Dexterity debuff would remain the same. Also give the form a time indicator like a buff so players can keep track at how much time they have.

The decrease in drain in particular would give melee classes like Fighters and Grand Chefs an easier time maintaining the form due to their low EP while allowing classes like Turtle Hermit and Karma Majins a good option to use should you need the bonuses Kaio-Ken doesn't grant. At the same time though, the fact that CD will remain the same will still prevent these transformations from being spammed as well as give Kaio-Ken some use due to its 6 minute CD. Of course you don't have to contribute to the forms, especially if your role is more needed outside of the forms. Like Kaio-Ken, it is entirely optional whether or not to distribute SP to these forms. On a side note, Great Nameks and Pure Majins should also have their transformation-only skills unlocked at 1 SP when the form is wished for so players wouldn't have to waste SP just to get the skill.

• You're so right about this, really.

I mean, I'll start from the beginning: in my opinion, putting points into kaioken would make it from kaioken x1 to kaioken x2 after some SP have been put on it, or something like that.
    Something similar to that could be done with the SSJs (as you said, in your post).
    I really do agree with you though, it could make some difference between Saiyans, Majins and Namekians players (maybe someone has a different type of build because he puts SP into SSJ and not something else: this is just an example of I think obviously, heh).
    As of the drain thing, I'd suggest a thing (maybe I'll open a new thread about it): what about adding SSJ Full Power/Perfect Pure Majin/Giant Namekian or something like that (those are just names that I've thrown in there to give you an example, but their names could/should be different)?
    I mean, what about if, after some time putting SP in these skills, they would change? As an example, when you put 5-10 SP into the SSJ skill, it would change his name to SSJ FP: in this form your EP doesn't drain unless it reaches a certain percent of its amount (like 10-15%, or maybe it should even be 30% in order to not make it so overpowered): so, with this SSJ FP, people would be able to maintain the transformation as long as they want to, unless they fight for some time or something like that.

This is just an idea, maybe it's something wrong, I know, but just tell me and I'll reply.

• You're kinda missing the point. The SP in transformations should only make the stat boosts and decreased drain/increase duration equal to Kaio-Ken at its respected SP. This is why CD shouldn't change, because otherwise people would just stack CD reduction gear and get the forms down to the point where they can be spammed. Not only that, but it would make Kaio-Ken more or less obsolete. The goal is to make the transformations have stat boosts and drain like Kaio-Ken while not making the latter useless.

• Oh, now I get it, I thought you were talking about something else in your post, sorry! I misunderstood, then, heh.

But, by the way, wouldn't the SSJ FP be the same as CD reduction gear maxed? There would be no limits to the usage of the SSJ FP, if there would be a skill that would grant us the skill to become Full Power and in this case, luckily, there isn't.
    I thought it was a good idea but I forgot that people could abuse with it and stuff like that, hah, thanks for reminding me.

• Oh, now I get it, I thought you were talking about something else in your post, sorry! I misunderstood, then, heh.

But, by the way, wouldn't the SSJ FP be the same as CD reduction gear maxed? There would be no limits to the usage of the SSJ FP, if there would be a skill that would grant us the skill to become Full Power and in this case, luckily, there isn't.
    I thought it was a good idea but I forgot that people could abuse with it and stuff like that, hah, thanks for reminding me.

I'm not sure on what you mean by FP, but no it wouldn't affect SSJ's CD. Since transformations don't use RP there is no way to reduce CD outside of gear, and even then Kaio-Ken would still be usable because CD gear would affect it as well.

• I'm not sure on what you mean by FP, but no it wouldn't affect SSJ's CD. Since transformations don't use RP there is no way to reduce CD outside of gear, and even then Kaio-Ken would still be usable because CD gear would affect it as well.

Here you can find more informations about what I mean with Super Saiyan FP.
    About the fact that transformations don't use RP, I am aware of that and I didn't mean reducing it with an item, though reducing it with the Super Saiyan skill maxed (in the case skill points for transformations would/will be available).
    About the fact with the Kaio-Ken you're right, I don't know what to do: because SP would improve the skill stats (and even the CD as I was saying, that's where I am wrong) there isn't no solution with it, heh, I can't think of one.

• Here you can find more informations about what I mean with Super Saiyan FP.
    About the fact that transformations don't use RP, I am aware of that and I didn't mean reducing it with an item, though reducing it with the Super Saiyan skill maxed (in the case skill points for transformations would/will be available).
    About the fact with the Kaio-Ken you're right, I don't know what to do: because SP would improve the skill stats (and even the CD as I was saying, that's where I am wrong) there isn't no solution with it, heh, I can't think of one.

Ah right Full-Powered Super Saiyan. Well even at 3 SP the Super Saiyan skill would still be the Super Saiyan skill. There would be no Full-Powered version. Even at 3 SP for a Turtle Hermit the drain would still be something to worried about because EP regen isn't very high in battle so the form would still go through EP mildly quickly, especially if you're spamming other skills.

• Technically, it would be a "full-powered" super saiyan if the skill has points and you max it out lol. I like the idea and it fits well with the purpose of upgrading it.

Yeah, as I was saying it does seem the good thing to do if skill points of the transformations would be added. And, another thing,is the fact that the Kaio-Ken would get x20 if the skill points to put on them would be 20, 25 if the SP would be 25 and it goes on. Obviously above a certain amount of SP the skill wouldn't get maxed anymore, otherwise it would be too overpowered.

• I also think Super Saiyan should benefit casters and not only speedsters.

Normally casters will use Kaioken for increased critical chance, but If Super saiyan could reduce cooldown ( doesnt have to be much, something like 33%) casters could benefit a lot from it.

The goal in mind was to make SSJ, Pure Majin, and Great Namek equal in power and, to some extent, usage to Kaio-Ken at 3 SP, not flat out replace the skill. This is why I felt CD shouldn't change since it would result in people spamming the hell out of the forms and ignore using Kaio-Ken. It also maintains the balance to these forms since they give better boosts than Kaio-Ken. Now granted Kaio-Ken can and should be used if you need a quick power and crit boost for, say, powerful bosses or being able to heal/buff without losing power while the transformations should be more towards needing a longer power boost duration for long dungeons and TMQ. Both forms can be useful in PvP as well if you really need that extra kick (like in later fights in Budokai for example).

Technically, it would be a "full-powered" super saiyan if the skill has points and you max it out lol. I like the idea and it fits well with the purpose of upgrading it.

lol Fair enough I suppose.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!