Gears not everything. Crane Ranked PVP

• Nice one. Was good to see a crane dominate again.

However, cranes at the moment are one of the most over powered classes in dbo g for multiple reasons:

• Success rate and resistance rate, dodge rate, defense calculation and hit rate are not accurate. Back in dbo taiwan, they were all adjusted accordingly and were accurate, and due to this crane hermits actually had one of the most trouble and were actually one of the weakest classes in PVP (level 70 cap). In level 60 cap they were actually one of the most broken classes in pvp however.
    • High level mudosa gear is not in the game. This gear was one of cranes worst nightmares because of how easy and affordable it was for people to have access to such good accessories to build against them. For example: Look at the necklace, and rings this turtle hermit is wearing against you. I'm glad you highlighted the accessories she was wearing in your video, because if mudosa gear was out I can guarantee she would not be wearing them. When the higher level mudosa gear comes out - she would be wearing high level anti bleed on just her rings alone (or a higher antibleed necklace), a proper resistance necklace and probably cooldown on her earrings.

• Gear against the crane hermit is not everything, you are correct. It is actually accessories that matter the most, and because they are not available, many classes will struggle including fighters and swordsmen (who were crane hermits would struggle against, which shouldn't be the case).

• I would be very curious to see a fight when medusa and level 70 legendary accessories come out, and when status effects are adjusted. I suspect the outcome of this fight would be very different. At the moment PVP as it stands is very unbalanced and isn't close to how it was in the original game.

• Temp3st i know what you mean but good things with cranes is that they are a versatile class as you see in the video my bleeds were reduced to around 3-5 seconds with her anti bleed so i changed it up and used burns and poisons to win as i know my bleeds wont benefit me in that fight. And as for Vurlocks opinion on sleep being stupid sleep its anything but that. without sleep turtles and cranes pvp would be pretty much pointless as none of your combos will work without it

• I believe he thinks it's stupid because he doesn't like getting hit by it :D

On the plus good work dude. Pretty much perfect with a few timing and placement improvements :D

Temp3st i know what you mean but good things with cranes is that they are a versatile class as you see in the video my bleeds were reduced to around 3-5 seconds with her anti bleed so i changed it up and used burns and poisons to win as i know my bleeds wont benefit me in that fight. And as for Vurlocks opinion on sleep being stupid sleep its anything but that. without sleep turtles and cranes pvp would be pretty much pointless as none of your combos will work without it

• You're probably the only smart crane i saw so far on DBOG, all this talk about accessories makes no sense since he used burns but yeah we all know that the game is still nothing like old DBO, still remember that KD isn't fully working (it won't work sometimes), so that's a BIG disadvantage for cranes, also no accessories means getting paralysed etc = death as a crane, unlike before.

• Back in dbo taiwan, crane hermits actually had one of the most trouble and were actually one of the weakest classes in PVP (level 70 cap).

^LMAO. I guess that makes my accomplishments in 1v1 Pvp all the more impressive then :P

I could beat literally any class outside of well geared SMs with good ping. Every other crane I met whether they were foreign or not could never compete with me. A few extremely well geared Sks and Fighters DID manage to give me trouble, but literally every other class couldn't do shit. And yes, that includes Karmas too.

Of course, this is duels with RP lol. Not ranked.

• Sleep is hard to pull off properly as the only time you SHOULD be using it is as a follow up to your Master Fan Out KD. The timing can be difficult since the skill will simply not cast if you click it too early. I recommend fast cast RP for sleep until you get the timing down perfect.

Also I agree, most cranes did not gear properly in TW. Stupid cranes using crit % when that stat would have no effect whatsoever for their DoTs. Better to stack DEX and CD like a mofo and spam the shit out of Solid Bleed max lvl. Get those p. crits going as well as crazy low cd and you are set. Unless of course your opponent has no antibleed, in which case dodonpa + dodon barrage (while sleeping) ---> into searing crane behind back for the win.

Cranes already got pretty High resistance naturally. Stacking DEX made it so almost any opponent would miss their stuns more than half of the time. Was great against all classes outside of Swordies with their crazy high Hit/ Success rate >.<

• also burn DoT damage especially that one crane skill called fiery shout does way more damage than it did on TW so that skill is broken

Crane were top tier in level 70 cap and they could easily beat SK and other classes, its just most of them weren't using the right gear

yea daneos has changed calculations on dots and how they work compare to Taiwan I think its for the better to be honest, now cranes are relvant again .

• You're probably the only smart crane i saw so far on DBOG, all this talk about accessories makes no sense since he used burns but yeah we all know that the game is still nothing like old DBO, still remember that KD isn't fully working (it won't work sometimes), so that's a BIG disadvantage for cranes, also no accessories means getting paralysed etc = death as a crane, unlike before.

Temp3st i know what you mean but good things with cranes is that they are a versatile class as you see in the video my bleeds were reduced to around 3-5 seconds with her anti bleed so i changed it up and used burns and poisons to win as i know my bleeds wont benefit me in that fight. And as for Vurlocks opinion on sleep being stupid sleep its anything but that. without sleep turtles and cranes pvp would be pretty much pointless as none of your combos will work without it

Accessories was only part of my post. The other part of my post was on the point that at the moment some stats need to be adjusted with success rate and resistance. In DBO Taiwan level 70 cap on server 2 there was barley any cranes who made it past the preliminary round because they would just be completely dominated to classes with high dex and resistance. They would have difficulty against fighters, swordsman, ultimate majins the most. (And also good karmas, if karmas manage to get off the skill lock and first stun).

Admittedly this turtle does make some mistakes, such as putting on her turtle book first in the round, which allows the crane to get the first sleep to carry on the combo. And the turtle hermit is wearing not the best of gear effects as dex would be better to wear against a crane instead of con, and the turtle hermit also did miss their consecutive disks which was unlucky on their end in round 2.

Also, I must insist that in a budokai situation, if autopots and senzu beans are allowed, this match would have been dragged out further and could have potentially resulted in a time out.

But I do think you Manoeuvrez do have good combos and ideas presented in the video by your class, the techniques and combos that were pulled off were impressive.

My overall point i was trying to make this was a good match but a far from accurate one, and shouldn't be used as an actual representation as this is only pre open beta at this stage and not everything is adjusted accordingly.

• yea daneos has changed calculations on dots and how they work compare to Taiwan I think its for the better to be honest, now cranes are relvant again .

I know PVE wise it kind of op, but for PvP it pretty much the same but now crane have another viable burn instead of having 2 before

• PVE crane in TW was a joke. They had literally one good skill for PVE, Graceful Backstab. Everything else was better suited for a turtle.

Only noob cranes use MCT for aoe damage. One of the most overrated and trashy skills in the Crane skill tree, if you ask me. Whats even worse, had it not been for the prevalence of (ill-informed) cranes using MCT, Phys Crit % for crane weapons never would have caught on lmao. The root of all evil, if you will.

@Sendoku , Clearly you never saw me duel then. There was another crane who was just below my tier, I forget his name, was something like "PianteBone" or whatever. He was pretty decent at pvp as well. FlamesBond was ALWAYS a joke (at least after the lvl 70 patch lol). I srsly could not understand why so many people thought he was good. Chalk it up to ignorance?

• @Temp3st what you forger is that TW had ZERO good crane hermit, ZERO.

Do you remember level 60 cap how many cranes were in budokai? They were one of the top classes, but then when level 70 cap came out they lost one of their stuns and then many people quit crane hermits for solo pvp because of how well fighters and swordsmen would preform against them. That's why there were zero good crane hermits towards the end of level 70 cap because most of them quit because they struggled against fighters and swordsmen and most classes. But there were many good crane hermits in TW, they all quit because they realised the weakness of the class.

But with that being said I would like to see under powered classes make it to the top, its interesting to see. I would love to see pvp darkwarriors, cranes, plasmas and chefs make it to the top. It's just difficult for them to do.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!