Do turtles get groups fast?

• In the tw version I made the unfortunate mistake of playing as swordsman. I definitely prefer pve over pvp so being a swordsman was difficult since no one wanted them for any pve content. I'm wondering if turtle hermit was a good choice for things such as high level tmqs and ccbd.

• Yes, turtle hermits are more PVE orientated when compared to swordsmen due to their ability to kill many mobs in one shot. You must be able to gear yourself correctly however, and if you plan on farming majin buffs are recommended to help assist you. They are usually required in tmq's and CC dungeon, as most people do like to to have a turtle hermit in their party.

Please note: I would recommend making a female turtle, as female turtles have the edge on male turtle's due to the turtle hermit book which gives female turtle hermits more of an edge in both PVE and PVP.

• Yes, turtle hermits are more PVE orientated when compared to swordsmen due to their ability to kill many mobs in one shot. You must be able to gear yourself correctly however, and if you plan on farming majin buffs are recommended to help assist you. They are usually required in tmq's and CC dungeon, as most people do like to to have a turtle hermit in their party.

Please note: I would recommend making a female turtle, as female turtles have the edge on male turtle's due to the turtle hermit book which gives female turtle hermits more of an edge in both PVE and PVP.

The male book is underrated honestly. It is perfect for PvE and gives the perfect boost in movement speed and attack speed needed sometimes. As far for female book, the only boost for PvE it gives is RP, which is easily gained when fighting mobs. So I wouldn't count much on it, tho on PvP it is another story.

• I still dislike the fact that to have an "edge" or advantage over other people i have to play as a girl. It feels weird to me and i say it should be changed to have the same affect for the entire class no matter the gender.

I stand by the point that each class or race should get a boosting item too, not just the fighter and turtle hermit.

Back on point though. Yes turtle makes PvE a joke but it can also get pretty stale after you do it for a long time :D However it's one of the best ones to grind and farm!

• never thought i'd agree with cosmo lel

• The male book is underrated honestly. It is perfect for PvE and gives the perfect boost in movement speed and attack speed needed sometimes. As far for female book, the only boost for PvE it gives is RP, which is easily gained when fighting mobs. So I wouldn't count much on it, tho on PvP it is another story.

I agree, but I still think it would be more wise to make a female because it's better to at least have the option for PVP. I made a male turtle hermit back in dbo taiwan, and then the level 60 update came a long with the turtle books added - sure I could farm but I was disappointed that I couldn't PVP at my full potential due to creating a male turtle hermit.

I agree that the item shouldn't be gender specific, because it's hard for new players to know that male turtle hermits are inferior to female turtle hermits in PVP, without conducting proper research beforehand.

• It quite depends on the equipment you use aswell, for example, [even though I use a turtle] for a CCF70 run I would rather take a +10 (+) turtle with props, than a +0 who doesn't know how to use the skills properly.
    Turtle hermit is not only about kamehames, and some parties do prefer experience.

Short answer : yes.

• I agree, but I still think it would be more wise to make a female because it's better to at least have the option for PVP. I made a male turtle hermit back in dbo taiwan, and then the level 60 update came a long with the turtle books added - sure I could farm but I was disappointed that I couldn't PVP at my full potential due to creating a male turtle hermit.
    I agree that the item shouldn't be gender specific, because it's hard for new players to know that male turtle hermits are inferior to female turtle hermits in PVP, without conducting proper research beforehand.

I myself have a male turtle hermit and I don't see my fights taking long enough for me to use RP. I couldn't play a female character because it would feel weird for me and it indeed is. Male turtles aren't inferior, it is just that we need a better attack speed system for male book to work properly.
    I myself made a male turtle knowing the effects of female book and I have never lost against a female turtle. You can always have enough time when the enemy is under sleep to charge your RP, get your attacks ready and then kill your enemy (unless it is a SK).

• I myself have a male turtle hermit and I don't see my fights taking long enough for me to use RP. I couldn't play a female character because it would feel weird for me and it indeed is. Male turtles aren't inferior, it is just that we need a better attack speed system for male book to work properly.I myself made a male turtle knowing the effects of female book and I have never lost against a female turtle. You can always have enough time when the enemy is under sleep to charge your RP, get your attacks ready and then kill your enemy (unless it is a SK).

When I talk about PVP, I talk from a budokai 1v1 standpoint. In budokai 1v1 and even ranked female turtles do usually have the advantage, because RP helps them generate combos a lot easier, and attack speed doesn't really matter because as a turtle you're main tool to use in 1v1 is giant/super kamehameha. You can charge RP while your opponent is sleeping sure, but female turtles instead of charging RP can utilize that time more efficiently (using sit down healing potions for example).

Have a look at this video below:

I will turn your attention to 2:20 of this pvp battle between one of the best turtle hermits in dbo tw before the server shut down.
    If this was a male turtle in this situation, they would not have been able to preform the HTB function in round 3 of this match. This female turtle was able to win this match because of this, which was due to being able to win the HTB battle from sacrificing more RP than the karma majin,

Anyway this thread is about pve turtles and how successful they are at pve, I only mentioned the issue of a turtle hermits gender so that @Burst (or any other member that reads this thread for that matter) is aware that gender does effect them (slightly). Some players prefer to create female turtles for pve, some prefer males. At the end of the day it's all personal preference on how the player wants to build their character.

• When I talk about PVP, I talk from a budokai 1v1 standpoint. In budokai 1v1 and even ranked female turtles do usually have the advantage, because RP helps them generate combos a lot easier, and attack speed doesn't really matter because as a turtle you're main tool to use in 1v1 is giant/super kamehameha. You can charge RP while your opponent is sleeping sure, but female turtles instead of charging RP can utilize that time more efficiently (using sit down healing potions for example).
    Anyway this thread is about pve turtles and how successful they are at pve, I only mentioned the issue of a turtle hermits gender so that @Burst (or any other member that reads this thread for that matter) is aware that gender does effect them (slightly). Some players prefer to create female turtles for pve, some prefer males. At the end of the day it's all personal preference on how the player wants to build their character.

30 USD pls

• in high level dungeons it is not that easy to find a groupe while u are a turtul yes turtules are a pve class but in the game there toooo much turtules to get a groupe u need to bee a good one with a good gear good build and know the right guys

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!