A little Poll: Kid Tournaments?

• Would you participate in a Kid Tournament with no rewards? 52

1. Yes, Hall of Fame sounds good enough to me and I want to show my skills. (43) 83%
    2. No, I am not interested in an event without actual rewards. (9) 17%

Hello DBOG Community!

As you might have noticed (or not), I skipped CM Threads this weekend because of the amazing Screenshot Contest that ends on saturday.

On the meantime, I had a little question that might be of interest of old and new players :D A player suggested to me that we should hold some kid tournaments in POB (Pre Open Beta) and it seemed like a good idea to me (I've seen people asking for it in forums somewhere). However, I am already a bit dry on rewards and Kid Tournaments are probably going to be won by old players that know the deal (at least in the beginning): I want to give you guys rewards out of my pocket, but honestly I'd rather do it whenever the vast majority of players stand a chance.

That said, I wanted to ask what would you guys think about a Kid Tournament (lvl 29) to be held in CC Ranked Arena, without any item rewards. The winners would be added to a "POB Hall of Fame" (something symbolic basically). I know how many of you guys are avid to show off their strenght and skills, so that wouldn't be that bad right? Current state of PvP is far from being perfect, but I know you guys want to have some competitive fun ;)

Anyhow, that's pretty much it. There are other details to consider, but I wanted to have a feel of your opinions before pushing this any further. A positive result won't immediately turn into a kid tourney and vice versa.

I am waiting for your answers and suggestions! As always, feel free to comment. Any flaming or heated discussions will force me to close the thread though, so keep it civil!

Cheers,

Aru :dpeace:

• then the adult characters can't participate and we should create a new character
    that won't be interesting

Hi, in original dbo there was Kid Budokai Tournament and Adult Budokai Tournament. People used to have lvl 29 alt characters to participate in Kid Budokai, so it isn't something new. Whenever the actual tournament system is added - Budokai - people will still create lvl 29 alt characters for this kind of competition.

• Why not? it's so easy to do it as there's absolutely no need for white stones. you can get token stones a plenty or get U stones from UD1. For upgrade stones all you need is a decent AoE range skill and stand in-front of trunks in TMQ1 and the purple saibas infinitely spawn and have a high chance to drop Weapon stones.

Incredibly easy 3 methods to upgrade any lvl 30 and below gear. I think it would be interesting to see all of this happen, the upgrades shouldn't make any difference. What i would suggest banning is the use or healing potions and auto-potions?

Quick suggestion for this, it should be a rule that they must use non upgraded clothes and weapons with no stats, more about skill rather than +15 levels 29. FOR THIS TOURNAMENT, NOT THE REAL BUDOKAI.

• Most people would go for Legendary TMQ1 Gear since you can upgrade it so easily and it's the best option at that level (29 or less)

I think having them upgraded would be very cool.

Not to mention, if DPS characters have no upgraded weapons or armor, they'd get demolished by tanks, since their physical Defense would be still be high even with +0 armor.
    They'd dominate everyone. It'll be a game of Namekians, which is very boring and very unsatisfying.

• Quick suggestion for this, it should be a rule that they must use non upgraded clothes and weapons with no stats, more about skill rather than +15 levels 29. FOR THIS TOURNAMENT, NOT THE REAL BUDOKAI.

Hi Santocraft, I agree with B4.DA.SS and Cosmo in this one, upgrading items is "free" at that level (tokens) and part of the regular conditions of a tournament.

• I love the idea. In fact back in TW kid Budokai was my main reason to play. However, I have been playing on this server for less than a month and my main character is not even lvl 52. Which mean I have limited sources right now and my kid characters are poorly armed. So this brings to my 2 questions. Is this going to be a regular event, maybe once a month or so? Is Budokai going to be available before the Beta server launches?

• I love the idea. In fact back in TW kid Budokai was my main reason to play. However, I have been playing on this server for less than a month and my main character is not even lvl 52. Which mean I have limited sources right now and my kid characters are poorly armed. So this brings to my 2 questions. Is this going to be a regular event, maybe once a month or so? Is Budokai going to be available before the Beta server launches?

This was mainly a poll to test waters, most likely I'll do one test tournament soon and depending on the outcome (if you guys cooperate with being punctual, sharing results and keeping it civil) I might consider doing a monthly or even bi-weekly tournament.
    Budokai most likely will be in Beta, otherwise might be added right before the launch.

• This was mainly a poll to test waters, most likely I'll do one test tournament soon and depending on the outcome (if you guys cooperate with being punctual, sharing results and keeping it civil) I might consider doing a monthly or even bi-weekly tournament.Budokai most likely will be in Beta, otherwise might be added right before the launch.

"Keeping it civil" :(
    That's gonna be hard if you're making it open to anybody.
    Which brings me to the question: Is it open to anybody or do people in the forums have to sign in?

• "Keeping it civil" :( That's gonna be hard if you're making it open to anybody.
    Which brings me to the question: Is it open to anybody or do people in the forums have to sign in?

I meant the overall event, not individual behavior.
    As I'll be the one hosting the event I will be glad to disqualify anyone that doesn't cooperate just to troll or because they are unhappy with his own results in the tourney.

Still to be decided, although I think it might be forum sign-up, because there are still people that refuse to check the forums even though there is plenty of info in here. If you refuse to use one of our 2 main communication platforms, you are going to miss events and info.

I wonder if there's a way to spectate or to use teamviewer on the battles so that people can't lie about the result of the battles?

I don't want to suggest people will try and cheat but it's not unheard of :P i'll happily record my battles if need be.

Screenshots of each round result maybe?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!