Fighter Storm Strike bug

• I've noticed this bug around a few days ago. The animation for storm strike frequently is not working even though the skill has been activated and the cooldown starts.

• I've also noticed that mobs within the area of effect are sometimes not being hit at all. It's not that the attack is missing them, they just aren't regestered as being in the aoe even though they are.
  • Indeed, it's true, and i want add other skill that suffers the exact two problems that you described, "whirlwind" from Dark warrior.

I don't know if this is because they are physical skills and still need to test other skill called "cyclone" but i don't have the skill to be sure.

This bugs come from a long time ago, i never noticed that was a bug because i didn't pay much attention back then, now that i use dark warrior i figured that was a bug...

• @Surge I'll make the team aware of this, if possible please submit a ticket at the help desk with step by step how to replicate the bug so we can fix this. I did notice this too when leveling my fighter in pre open beta but I thought it was only an animation bug, because sometimes the animation wouldn't go through but the attack would still connect. I tried to replicate the bug but for some reason I wasn't able to recreate it, so at this point I'm not sure if it's random or if its due to a certain cause. In order to fix bugs we need to know exactly why they happen so they can be investigated thoroughly.

• @Surge I'll make the team aware of this, if possible please submit a ticket at the help desk with step by step how to replicate the bug so we can fix this. I did notice this too when leveling my fighter in pre open beta but I thought it was only an animation bug, because sometimes the animation wouldn't go through but the attack would still connect. I tried to replicate the bug but for some reason I wasn't able to recreate it, so at this point I'm not sure if it's random or if its due to a certain cause. In order to fix bugs we need to know exactly why they happen so they can be investigated thoroughly.

This happens when you are spamming skills, like farming, you are getting hits and the skill animation does't show and of course there is no damage from it.

Notice that this isn't just a fighter problem, whirlwind also has the problem.

• I've just conducted a few tests and I seem to believe it might be when you receive a debuff (for example a bleed) from an attacking monster, it triggers this bug which causes an animation bug. I've only also been able to execute this while using RP with my skill. If anyone else could confirm this it would be much appreciated.

@mattotk I noted that down and did inform the team about this that it's not just a fighter skill problem, we are only testing with the skill because once the problem is identified we will be able to fix it for all skills/classes that experience this bug.

• I've just conducted a few tests and I seem to believe it might be when you receive a debuff (for example a bleed) from an attacking monster, it triggers this bug which causes an animation bug. I've only also been able to execute this while using RP with my skill. If anyone else could confirm this it would be much appreciated.

@mattotk I noted that down and did inform the team about this that it's not just a fighter skill problem, we are only testing with the skill because once the problem is identified we will be able to fix it for all skills/classes that experience this bug.

I don't remember getting bleed, but i'll try again to confirm that, but i didn't use rp on whirlwind, i did in storm strike.

The bug happens when you have enough cooldown to be able to spam the move (I have 61 cd). You'll notice the first intital storm strike will hit. Then on the storm strikes to follow the animation usually wont go through but the damage was still being done. This was the case for the past couple months. Over the last few days I've noticed storm strike still behaves the same except now it's a bit worse. Now when the animation fails to go through no damage is being done at all.

I'll go ahead and submit that ticket.

Conditions to make bug happen:

• Must have enough cooldown to spam storm strike repeatedly using storm strikes cooldown rp ability.
    • Full rp
    • Best tested in a group of 4 or more mobs.
  • The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!