The Ultimate Beginner's Guide

• Hello,

Lots and lots of people are newcomers in the DBO world, and some of them ask the exact same question, so maybe if the new players are browsing the forum, this thread can be somewhat useful to them.

Q will be the Question, A will be the answer.
    Please do note that these answers are coming from my own perspective, and I am not speaking behalf of everyone else. Some of the informations may be not that helpful or correct.

Q : Which class to play as a first-time player?
    A : Try a class that is really easy to master and gear. I would personally recommend trying Turtle Hermit, because of the amount of damage they can do, and it's really makes the player feel like they are capable of anything. Turtles are outstanding in damage, they can make your leveling very easy, and also really great support in end-game dungeons, such as CC - BIDS.

Q . What are the contents that the game offers to players?
    A : In the original DBO we had Scramble event, BID [Boss in dungeon] and CC, and Sky Tower which was later removed. - Scramble event is basically a dragonball hunting event, when you have to collect the 7 dragon balls across the whole map, and it's open pvp, you cannot fly, so having movement speed boots, and players to defend the DB holder is quite fun.
    Then we have the normal dragonball hunting, where players are able to collect the tier 2 dragonballs from monsters, that are between 10 levels from their own.
    Let's say, you're level 20, so mobs between level 15 and 25 will have a chance to drop a dragon ball, which you can use to wish for Super Saiyan skill, or Shenron's buffs, or accessories.

Q : What is BID?
    A : BID [as short, Boss in Dungeon] is 4 dungeons, all 4 of them have different bosses which different rewards. BID1 is currently available as "Nuke Land". BID2 is the bacterial dungeon where you have legendary weapons, that are superior to the current legendary weapons we currently have [higher base damage].
    BID3 is the Cell-X dungeon, where you have a chance to get a legendary earring / ring. Said ring can give you 20 Con + 20 focus.
    BID4 is the Kraken Dungeon, where you also can get legendary earrings, and legendary rings, with the twist of the rings giving set combo bonus.
    If you have a 17 focus ring from Kraken dungeon, and you get the pair of that ring [which i believe is 30 dodgerate, since the pair rings usually gave the opposite, not the main] then you get a bonus of 13 props, which is a very good bonus.

Q : How do I upgrade armors and weapons?
    A : Upgrading is basically enforcing your equipment. Each armor and weapon you have can be made +15 by using upgrade stones.
    You use blue stones to add +1 on an armor, and green to add 1~3 [either 1, or 3, or 3, it's random].
    You use Red stones to add +1 to a weapon, and purple to add 1~3.
    The scheme of adding stones is the following : 3x Blue stones, then one green stone, to reach the potntian of +6, since upon reaching +4 on the armor, you are not 100% guaranteed to have success whole upgrading.
    For weapon, it's 5 red stone and 1 purple stone.

Everytime you upgrade after +4 [armor] or +6 [weapon] you are asked to pick a card between left, middle, right. Now there are false claims that right card is never success, which is not true. I know many players [including myself] who got +15 upon picking right card only.
    There is a percentage of success to know that it's not totally random.

Q : What's the difference between Tier 1 and Tier 2 dragon balls?
    A : Tier 1 is the DB set you get from questing between level 4 to 20, which can be used to get some armors and 10.000 zeni. Tier 2 dragon balls can be used to wish from Shenron for SSJ, dragon buffs, accessories, rare weapons, zeni, etc.

Q : How do I get dragon balls?
    A : Each saturday there are 2 events for DB hunting held. Each event takes 2 hours. One of them is starting at 1 PM [GMT +1] other one at 10 PM [GMT +1]
    @adrian on fire made a very good video about how to gather the DBs fast. I'd recommend checking it out. --- Click me ---

Q : What gear should I use?
    A : I made a guide on turtle hermits [on my signature you can read it], and I am pretty sure that lots of players already made guides for the other classes. Sadly I am not really considered "good" with classes other than fighter / sm / turtle.

Q : How do I get zeni?
    A : Farm, farm and crafting. When I was a beginner, I used to pick up everything I found, and sold them to the merchant, then slowly but surely started to know what to exactly look for, like if I drop a legendary armor piece, if it has high CON number, then I will definitely pick it up, and sell on auction house for higher price, there might be someone who wants it.

Q : What are the main stats, and what do they do?
    A :
    Con - Constitution : Increases your LP by 75, and LP regeneration by 7.5 points / second.
    ENG - Energy : Increases your EP by 60, and EP regeneratino by 6 points / second.
    DEX - Dexterity : Increases your dodgerate, physical critrate, and resistance rate.
    FOC - Focus : Increases your hitrate, energy critrate, and successrate.
    SOL - Soul : Increases your energy attack.
    STR : Strength : Increases your physical attack.

That's it for now, please ask in the comments if you missed something. And feel free to whisper me in-game if you have any questions. : RoliOn3

• Great Guide, you hit everything there is to hit :)

I would just like to put one thing though, and that's the values of CON and ENG, as they are different between classes:
    LP and EP values I could almost 99% say they were 2 each? Not 100% sure though

CON (Constitution):
    Fighter = 85 LP
    SwordsMan = 85 LP
    Turtle Hermit = 80 LP
    Crane Hermit = 80 LP
    ----
    Dark Warrior = 100 LP
    Shadow Knight = 95 LP
    Dende Priest = 80 LP
    Poko Priest = 85 LP
    ----
    Ultimate Majin = 95 LP
    Grand Chef Majin = 95 LP
    Plasma Majin = 80 LP
    Karma Majin = 80 LP

ENG (Energy):
    Fighter = 45 EP
    Swordsman = 45 EP
    Turtle Hermit = 50 EP
    Crane Hermit = 55 EP
    ----
    Dark Warrior = 45 EP
    Shadow Knight = 50 EP
    Dende Priest = 50 EP
    Poko Priest = 50 EP
    ----
    Ultimate Majin = 45 EP
    Grand Chef Majin = 45 EP
    Plasma Majin = 50 EP
    Karma Majin = 50 EP

• Thanks for the guide, quick question: I played a lot back in DBTW and If I remember correctly you got the chip for searching T2 DBs from Sheron in the T1 wish. Today I got to that part but I did not get the chip. Is there a new way of getting the T2 DB scouter radar functionality?

thanks again!

• Thanks for the guide, quick question: I played a lot back in DBTW and If I remember correctly you got the chip for searching T2 DBs from Sheron in the T1 wish. Today I got to that part but I did not get the chip. Is there a new way of getting the T2 DB scouter radar functionality?

thanks again!

The scouter system changed before DBO TW shut down. To get the DB scouter functionality all you have to do is find an in game scouter merchant that sells a scouter with the function.

• UPDATE :

Q : I see three gloves that look similar, they're the same level, same stat, but the damage is still different, why is that?

A : In DBO, the gloves have weight aswell, which is shown in the Attack Speed part.

There is 4 speed possibility, 1100 / 1160 / 1220 for gloves, and 1400 for Staff (Dragon Clan).

1100 being the fastest, as it has the lowest weight, it has the highest difference between Melee and Energy damage, thus it has the lowest damage overall from the 3.

1160 is the average one, as it has slightly higher damage, and the attack speed is not really noticable to be slower.

1220 has the lowest difference in Melee and Energy damage, and it has the highest base damage from the three category in general.

1100 is mostly chosen for Attack Speed stat version.

1220 is chosen for Focus or Critical Hitrate / Critical damage percentage.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!