Launcher Troubleshooting

• Hey everyone,

Here is a thread dedicated to players who have problems with DBO G.

If you are unable to access the game, then please read this thread and follow the steps as it could potentially be a solution for you.

Now first and foremost, many players have different versions of windows, so some have been experiencing different errors. This is normal.

Steps you should try so that you can hopefully have the launcher up and running again:

• Run the the launcher as administrator. Right click on the DBOLauncher.exe file and select 'Run as administrator' This hopefully will allow you to update the launcher without any troubles. The DBO G support team cannot stress enough how important it is that players should do this, as it usually is the main problem players experience.
    • Download .net Frame work 3.5 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=21) - This is required to run the launcher, make sure your computer has this framework enabled.
    • Download .net Framework 4.5 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-U…oad/details.aspx?id=30653) - Previous versions of the launcher required players to run this .net framework.
    • Make sure you version of windows is up to date - This might be why players experience problems with not being able to run the launcher, and I've guided players through where this sometimes is the source of the problem.
    • Your antivirus/firewall could be a problem - make sure you add DBO G to you antivirus/firewall "exceptions list, as sometimes they might not let you run the game correctly.
    • For Windows 10 users, make sure Windows defender is turned off - Window's defender is a common problem that does seem to detriment players who run the game with windows 10. Please make sure you turn it off or add to whitelist/exceptions
    • Change your theme to the default theme - If you are experiencing issues that affects the visuals/display of the launcher, make sure to set your windows theme to default. This can be done by right clicking the Desktop > Personalize.
    • Put the game on your desktop - Sometimes the file location is the problem. Please put the DBO G folder and it's contents on the desktop. For example the location path should be something like: \\PC\Users\(Name)\Desktop\Dragon Ball Online
    • Reinstall the game - Do this if you are still experiencing difficulties accessing the game. Also repeat the steps above if the problem still persists. Please make sure to disable your antivirus software (including windows defender, firewalls, and any other anti malware software) as sometimes this does affect the installation.

IMPORTANT FIX:
    It is not a valid 32 win application error:
    Download the .net Framework 4.5 if you are recieving the not valid windows 32 error. This should hopefully fix the problem. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-U…oad/details.aspx?id=30653)

The DBO G support team have received many tickets on this issue so I thought it would be best to make a thread so players who are experiencing technical difficulties can hopefully read this thread. The DBO G team is grateful to all the players who want to help and support the server through pre-open beta, and we really admire players persistence with wanting to play the game, so as always we will always try our best to assist every player when possible.

If you still continue to experience problems please post in this thread so hopefully myself or another player can assist you. This is a general thread dedicated to helping players with launcher troubles so please be sure to give it a read. If any players receive any messages from friends who are experiencing trouble please link them this thread to help assist them. If anyone else also has any other solutions please feel free to post them here.

• two error:::

1-In '' updater.exe '' appears '' couldnt find
    DBOGLaunch.exe or server is not reachable.please launch updater.exe ''

2-For me, it appears '' It is not a valid 32 win application ''

Before it worked,It used to work well

How to fix?

• For the first error it could be possible that your anti virus software is detecting and removing the file, so maybe try adding it to exceptions. For the valid 32 win application error I'm not exactly sure how to deal with that but what version did you download? The 32 bit version or the 64 bit version?

• As everyone has different version of windows I will try my best to find out what you can do to try get the game working again, and when I do I will post in this thread/update the first post. Apparently most windows xp users cannot download the .Net Framework 4.5 (from what i've heard), so we are currently working out solutions so that all players can hopefully play the game without issues. Sorry for the inconvenience and I will be sure to get back to all players as soon as possible.

• Hi,

Im going to fix the "It is not a valid 32 win application" issue now and will upload a valid launcher in a hour.

regards

Update:
    In case you had issues with the latest patcher, please try to download the one from the attachment and extract the file into your dbo global client folder.

Also .Net framework 4.5 is no longer required since it does not work on windows xp

• Now it's working! It's really fortunate that you got it fixed before it's too late! Great job, Daneos!

• Hey, so, I don't know why this isn't working. T^T
    I've done about everything.

I have a Windows 10 64-bit OS.
    My computer ran DBOG perfectly fine before the current patch.
    I checked to make sure I have the .NET Framework I'm supposed to have for the client. I have the most current .NET Framework.
    I have uninstalled, and reinstalled the whole game multiple times, restarted, completely shut off my computer, repeatedly attempted to update the launcher, downloaded the game through all three links that were provided, updated all of my drives and made sure that my anti-virus was not blocking the game from launching as for it is white-listed.
    I keep getting an error saying that the Updater.exe is not found.
    I really need help with this. I have asked and received help but nothing has worked so far from multiple people.
    What is exactly happening here?

• Just download the attachment and extract the file into your dbo global game client

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!