More balance and variety by fixing bugs is needed

• Not many people are 'playing' ULTIMATE Majin Buu but are just using it as a buffer, simply because no damage is given by Spinning Attack, which results in difficulty to farm with the class.

Similarly, DW players including myself are having a hard time because self-healing from its most important skill 'Draconic Punishment' has been disabled since the second-latest update on 5/21. I guess Daneos made it disabled on purpose, but obviously it has been giving a negative impact to the game very seriously.

I hope these two bugs, whether intended or not, will get fixed in the near future. Variety is always good for a game.
    Plus, now attack range is invisible and some skill motions are cancelled, and I hope these will also be fixed soon.

PS: Please bring the server back to us!

• Spinning attack meta was nerfed before end of tw and wasn't part of that many ultimate builds afaik. You can farm with an ultimate as kid buu if properly geared, and still some ultimates will go to dungeons. In PvP content like party budokai or dojo wars I think ultimates will still have spots, so I don't think that that one skill isn't going to change it all. Once that's said, the skill will be fixed, but it isn't a priority (for the reasons I stated before).

DWs skill was disabled because it got a huge bug, it will be fixed as well. But this is a test server, so we should get rid of the nerf,buff, unbalance mentality as of now. OF COURSE there is unbalance because it's not a complete server. Both of these bugs/disabled skills have been mentioned a lot in the forums and are known to the staff and Daneos.

Thank you for your understanding,

• Spinning attack meta was nerfed before end of tw and wasn't part of that many ultimate builds afaik. You can farm with an ultimate as kid buu if properly geared, and still some ultimates will go to dungeons. In PvP content like party budokai or dojo wars I think ultimates will still have spots, so I don't think that that one skill isn't going to change it all. Once that's said, the skill will be fixed, but it isn't a priority (for the reasons I stated before).

DWs skill was disabled because it got a huge bug, it will be fixed as well. But this is a test server, so we should get rid of the nerf,buff, unbalance mentality as of now. OF COURSE there is unbalance because it's not a complete server. Both of these bugs/disabled skills have been mentioned a lot in the forums and are known to the staff and Daneos.

Thank you for your understanding,

I see your point (although I don't agree with your thought on Ultimates).

Btw, can you tell me what kind of a huge bug you were talking about when you mentioned DW's skill Draconic Punishment? DW was the only class who can stand the damage and survive without being healed from Denden in the 'Octopus' dungeon, and it was the skill which made it possible. Without the skill or with it being nerfed, DW's future is gonna be very DARK (pun intended), because that skill is the only reason for playing DW.

Thank you for you reply anyway!

• I see your point (although I don't agree with your thought on Ultimates).
    Btw, can you tell me what kind of a huge bug you were talking about when you mentioned DW's skill Draconic Punishment? DW was the only class who can stand the damage and survive without being healed from Denden in the 'Octopus' dungeon, and it was the skill which made it possible. Without the skill or with it being nerfed, DW's future is gonna be very DARK (pun intended), because that skill is the only reason for playing DW.

Thank you for you reply anyway!

I have an ultimate lvl 70 and know enough ultimates lvl 70 to know that they are not only used as alt buffers. People don't always understand a class, and that is ok, as each class require a playstyle and most players are more comfortable with one or two of them.

If I'm not wrong the Healing was obnoxiously high (well above what it should be), so it was disabled until a proper calculation was set. You keep using "nerf" as a way to refer to Daneos disabling the skill, while it is something merely temporary, there is no need to picture a dramatic end of the class when the information is on Daneo's updates.

You are welcome!

• how to play ultimate majin in pve ^^: i personnaly have a ultimate majin lvl 70 i did with him so CC's and it is very fun probably the most fun class to unlock the full pottentiel of a ultimate you need to have enough CD to get you'r kidbuu each 25 min !! so you'r job will consist at buffing then kidbuu !!!!!!! Genocide Blast spam !!!!!!!! and you will take the agro even if you have a full turtul team with you !! add to that the ultimate majin is a support class and i had never seen a support class farming in mmo's xD ^^ !! have fun and hope the dragon punishment wil get fixed as fast as possibel !!
    ps : i just go a bit out topic sorry !!

• I have an ultimate lvl 70 and know enough ultimates lvl 70 to know that they are not only used as alt buffers. People don't always understand a class, and that is ok, as each class require a playstyle and most players are more comfortable with one or two of them.
    If I'm not wrong the Healing was obnoxiously high (well above what it should be), so it was disabled until a proper calculation was set. You keep using "nerf" as a way to refer to Daneos disabling the skill, while it is something merely temporary, there is no need to picture a dramatic end of the class when the information is on Daneo's updates.

You are welcome!

Yeah, I remember the healing was much higher than in KR server. While I agree with you that the DW's skill being disabled is temporary and it is not to be thought as nerfed, what I wanted to deliver when I used the terminology was that if the healing from the skill is going to be lowered too much (below what it should be) simply because it was TOO high, it is going to be a problem. I believe a proper calculation to be found soon, as you mentioned.

As for Ultimates, I completely understand what you mean, and I do understand how the class can be used and played. In reality, however, there are things that we need to consider. Many users have more than one character/class they can play in their account. When their friends are looking for an Ultimate, they can play it for them although it may be neither their main character nor the most enjoyable one to play. A problem arises here. When budokai or dojo war are realized, who is going to want to take the role of Ultimate if it's not their preferred character to play? In order to win the tournament and the war, a player has to spend a lot of time and money for any class to gear it properly or something like that. That is, it should be their main-, not sub-, character which they play for those PvP contents.

All in all, whether Spinning Attack can give damage or not DOES affect the choice to choose a class for a newbie. That's all I wanted to say. I wasn't talking about LV70 or Kid Buu or anything like that. I have often observed people suggesting not to play Ulti or Gran simply because these classes are hard to nurture for a beginner.

Thank you.

• No one said the Healing was going to be lowered too much, just fixed to have something similar to old dbo :)

As I told you, there are many players that main ultimate. I won't, lie not as much as fighters or turtles, but that is because everyone wants to be Goku or Vegeta as the playerbase has a lot of diehard db fans, or simply because in MMOs new players want to just dish out damage and kill em all.

Support classes are never the first choice for beginners, because they usually have different mechanics and accomplish different roles. A beginner in MMO will want to replicate his gameplay experience from other games, like a FPS or adventure games, where they accomplish main tasks: eliminating the enemy targets. It is quite rare that beginners pick support, as their role is wrongfully seen as boring: why would you like to just heal or give more power to your teammates while they get "all the fun" and kill the mobs or the other players?

That is why people suggest that, because those are hard classes that might disappoint beginner players. I do believe that we should warn them about the different roles they pick, but also explain and make it the real essential point of all this talk that support characters are needed for MMO games. Because playing support might be hard, but you shouldn't be playing all by yourself during your path journey in an online game.

It is harder to make new players understand this when they start fresh, most people learn it after playing some on the most picked classes. I believe the problem isn't on how the class works or their skills and capabilities, but how we advertise em to new players.

• This is a very thoughtful reply. What you said is so true (although I know there are people out there who want to play Majin just because they look so cute, which is a similar reason to choose human to be SSY). Anyway, I 99% agree with you that new players need to understand the role and the NEED of support characters. It is unfortunate but natural that it is often only after people get used to the game they play that they get interested in playing support classes. Very good point.

Still, I think it would give more change to new players to keep being interested in playing support characters like Ulti or Gran if the skill can give damage. You also mentioned that those characters may disappoint new players, and the skill being nurfed indeed makes them feel so more than otherwise. No doubt. How can we just expect new players to understand the role and the need of support characters without trying to make them feel less-bored? You know that the skill is not a MUST for LV70 Utilmate's build and that it is very likely necessary only for lower level players.

Originally in KR server (I have no idea about TW), Majins were not damaged at all while they were spinning using the skill, but it was obviously too much, so it was nerfed as they were to be damaged. And I didn't find any harm in this nurf. Can't give any damage at all? Just being a ballet dancer? That's still too much.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!