Why nerfing 1k slashes?

• Doesn't a Super/Giant Kame or Needles do so when crit? Giving that a class which relies on bleeds which are easily countered (and then has to take crappy burns) and has no instant stun (the one it has can only be used when the rival is poisoned, with a 1:30 cd), I don't think that the thing it needs is another nerf to a very good skill (which has a 2:00 cd) that is the only skill it has of high instant damage, IMO. The rival can somewhat counter the 1kS with %lp clothes.

• Doesn't a Super/Giant Kame or Needles do so when crit? Giving that a class which relies on bleeds which are easily countered (and then has to take crappy burns) and has no instant stun (the one it has can only be used when the rival is poisoned, with a 1:30 cd), I don't think that the thing it needs is another nerf to a very good skill (which has a 2:00 cd) that is the only skill it has of high instant damage, IMO. The rival can somewhat counter the 1kS with %lp clothes.

Those are crits though and 1KS can one hit with crit too

• The skill dealt way too much damage on players with both high physical and energy defence. It would also one shot level 70 players with high upgraded gear and this was at times when the skill wouldn't be a crit.

But that how it was in original dbo??? And compare to the original dbo the skill did less damage on dbog . Did you guys also forget that it has like a 2 min cooldown?

• What about Fighters using thunder? don't they take down a DW with autopot? TS also haves a damn long CD, and you need to cast more than 2 powerful dots (which is hard enough) to then use the thousand slashes. You don't have insta-stun as said before, you can get stunned, sealed, whatever, without being able to cast the first dot. In a real fight you will never be able to cast 5 dots in a row without being interrupted.

People can wear anti crit, but they can also wear anti bleed and especially karmas and any other ranged class could fight a Crane, even tho you can miss TS, die without being able to cast, or cast it but have a long CD, is a huge nerf to cranes. Cranes do not benefit from SSJ or kaioken, the only class who has an useless attack energy or physical, since no matter the upgrade the dot will remain the same.

Cranes were made for bosses, freezing any boss, damaging through defense, reducing their max % LP and finally a skill to take down huge LP bosses, because only a BOSS would tank that damage. It's for BOSSES purpouses.

But here we have classes with more than 3 INSTA-stuns/disables, 1 1-shot skill with 10 SECONDS COOLDOWN not being nerfed nor balanced. Even the DW has a confusion and paralysis being fully PVE, even Ultimates. But somehow the weird pve class got nerfed.

• Those are crits though and 1KS can one hit with crit too

It's not the same a skill like Super Kame with 20 seconds CD, or Needles with 12 seconds, i.e., you can spam it, than a skill like 1kS which has a 2 minutes cd. It's much more easier to get a crit with those than with a 1kS. Without critical they deal a similar amount of damage...

• cranes had enough nerf by removing lost in time(a real stun having 5 sec duration maxed if not mistaken) back in dbo they thought they compensated for it by adding 4 useless skills and 1k slashes which was the only good skill which still didnt compensate for that loss , Yet nerfing this class again?

First i guess the team should think about the class as a whole before nerfing a skill, It's right the skill was op but the class wasnt and it was made to be op to support an already nerfed class , not mentioning the conditions and the long CD of the skill 2mins. This is one of the classes that needs a buff not a nerf.

• cranes had enough nerf by removing lost in time(a real stun having 5 sec duration maxed if not mistaken) back in dbo they thought they compensated for it by adding 4 useless skills and 1k slashes which was the only good skill which still didnt compensate for that loss , Yet nerfing this class again?

First i guess the team should think about the class as a whole before nerfing a skill, It's right the skill was op but not the class and it was made to be op to support an already nerfed class , not mentioning the conditions and the long CD of the skill 2mins. This is one of the classes that needs a buff not a nerf.

I don't own a crane but i can perfectly agree with this "First i guess the team should think about the class as a whole before nerfing a skill" has entirely sense, if you check the whole skill tree, you can see how is supposed to work,

• when looking at all updates in the forums theres going to be players that hate the update and players that like it.

now when I analyze this update I notice this. Thousand Slashes isn't as useful as a skill anymore. 30% dot splash makes it weak only 4k damage when using full power solid bleed. so roughly in comparision its like using your master fan out on a target lol.

that's sad.

but that being said cranes can still win fights without thousand slashes. \its just extremely hard. the number of cranes in game will decrease heavly form this nerf no question about it.

Remember this is preopen beta we as a community will get this fixed!

• I guess that the real break point is that other classes like fighter, turtle, make insane damage, with a lot of less cd, you know what i mean, i even have fighter and swordman, anyway, this isn't a definitive patch, is just test.

• The thounsand can make the 70% of damage if you use rp now...

Anyway.. is so unfair.. cranes +0 can easily delete a +10 character... a good crane with no upgraded gear can kill a +15 character...

this class need to be rebalanced... like the fighter...

Anyway.. is so unfair.. cranes +0 can easily delete a +10 character... a good crane with no upgraded gear can kill a +15 character...

well that was the cranes advantage even in Taiwan . Please also remember we are not in the balancing stage right now. so some classes ) will be extremely powerful until balancing gets fixed

• I know we are testing, but when something is changed, we have to protest in order to be heard :P

It is true that 1kS is OP if a lot of DOTs are applied together, as seen in some videos (which are just damage tests against passive rivals) but in real pvp it is not that OP as a Kame can be, as you won't use it with more than 2 DOTs (and it will be weakened as many seconds are lost). This skill, as it was, made Cranes useful for PVE against bosses, now that skill is worthless.

PS: Does Daneos know that Graceful Backstab doesn't work properly?

But that is because defense is not applied to DOTs, you have to wear %lp and cranes are very easily countered with antibleed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!