[ENG] In-Depth Crafting Guide (Incomplete, Work In Progress)

• Hey guys,

I've been collecting information over the past couple months whilst crafting to put together this guide. There is already a crafting guide originally written by Nady93, then translated by Sforza, posted by Raiden Here.

There is plenty of information there but myself and others found as it's translated, it's not the clearest at times. Using the information provided there, what I have learnt myself and what other users submit, I aim for this to eventually be a fully comprehensive guide.
    If you can help provide missing information, it would be greatly appreciated by myself, and future readers of this guide.

Introduction:

Crafting is one of the greatest ways to make Zeni in DBOG, and you’ll learn a ton about the game on the way. Contrary to what many may think, it’s not hard or that expensive to do at all. It can be very fun, very addictive and very frustrating at times, but you get out of it what you put in.

I believe everybody should craft, no matter the level. It's a great investment in the long term, as with a bit of time and patience you can craft anything. Hopefully with more crafters in-game we’ll have more reasonable prices in the Auction House too. Let’s get started.

Recipe Locations:

Human Level 1 & 5 Recipes (Level 11 & 21 Weapons & Armor) - Popped Village, Yahoi West

Majin Level 1 & 5 Recipes (Level 11 & 21 Weapons & Armor) - Water Bridge, Fran Fran Desert North

Namekian Level 1 & 5 Recipes (Level 11 & 21 Weapons & Armor) - Namek Fountain, Porunga Rocks North

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10166/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10167/

Level 10 Recipes (Level 30 Weapons) - Korin Village, Korin Forest

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10116/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10117/

Level 10 Recipes (Level 30 Armor) - West City, Westlands

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10118/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10119/

Level 15 Recipes (Level 40 Weapons) - Tambourine Camp, Westlands

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10120/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10122/

Level 15 Recipes (Level 40 Armor) - Buu Memorial, Yahoi East

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10123/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10121/

• Level 20 Recipes (Level 50 Weapons & Armor) - Old CC Museum, Mushroom Rocks North

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10124/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10132/

Level 20 Recipes (Level 55 Weapons & Armor) - Newbridge Village, Mushroom Rocks South

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10168/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10169/

Level 25 Recipes (Level 60 Weapons & Armor) - Guard Camp, Fearland

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10125/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10133/

Level 25 Recipes (Level 65 Weapons & Armor) - Snail Outpost, Porunga Rocks North

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10134/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10135/

Level 30 Recipes (Level 70 Weapons & Armor) - Chanchan Jungle, Papaya Island

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10136/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10138/

• Getting Started:

I recommend at least 1 or 2 million Zeni before you begin. You can start with less but it may be a struggle at first due to recipe costs, material costs (if you're not farming them) and crafting fees.

To begin, we’ll be wanting to head to Popped Village in Yahoi West:

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10139/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10141/

You’ll now want to speak to the Crafting Master Howie and buy any level 1 and level 5 recipe. It will cost you a total of 18,000 Zeni & it doesn’t matter which ones you buy.

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10140/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10142/

Once you’ve obtained a level 1 and level 5 recipe you’ll want to right click them in your inventory to learn the recipes. You can press the Full Stop / Period key to view learnt recipes.

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10143/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10144/

Obtaining Crafting Materials:

There are two ways you can obtain crafting materials:

- You can farm and dismantle gear dropped by mobs

Pro: Cheap Con: Time Consuming

- You can dismantle gear purchased from vendors
    Pro: Quick Con: Can Be Costly

To Dismantle Gear, you’ll need to speak to an Upgrade Merchant & select the “Item Disassemble” option.

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10145/

Then you’ll need to click the Dismantle button and then left-click any items in your inventory you want to disassemble.

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10146/

You will receive 3 different materials, of which have 7 different tiers, as shown below. These are the basic components of crafting.

Manufacturing Extract [BLUE]

Used in the production of all crafted items.
    Special Parts [YELLOW]

Used in the production of all crafted items.
    Rare Mineral [RED]

Used in the production of only weapons, not sub-weapons (Gloves & Dragon Clan staffs)

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10147/

Once you’ve acquired a decent amount of each material (at least a stack or two), we can begin to craft.

• Crafting Basics (Levels 1-10):

To begin crafting you'll first need some 01 materials. You can obtain 01 materials by killing low level mobs (level 1-5) and dismantling their gear, or you can buy level 1 gear from a Weapon or Armor Merchant.
    I'll use Kokkara in Yahoi West as example as it's my favourite place to craft altogether, as everything is close to each other (Bank, Upgrade Merchant, Mailbox, Teleporter, Etc.).

A Weapon Merchant is located next to a Upgrade Merchant in Kokkara too. Here is what you should buy for both 01 and 02 materials:

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10156/

You can either use a Hoi Poi machine located next to certain Crafting Masters (as seen above), or you can use a widely known “secret” to craft anywhere. To craft anywhere you like firstly click the box icon with “WP” written on it located at the bottom right of your screen.

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10148/

Then, you’ll want to click on the Hoi Poi button located at the bottom left of the window.

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10149/

You can now craft anywhere, most people will utilise this by having both the crafting window open and the dismantle window open like so:

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10150/

Select the crafting recipe you wish to make, then right click the required materials in your inventory to add them to the crafting window. All recipes of the same level give the same amount of experience for each item crafted, so it doesn't matter what you make to level crafting.
    Once you’ve added the materials, hit the max button then the start button to begin.

Congratulations, you now know the basics to crafting.

Further down the guide I have added a table which specifies how much of each attribute you can get on crafted items, according to their level.
    Once you reach level 5 crafting, you will no longer receive experience for level 1 recipe items you craft. You will have to start crafting level 5 recipe items to level up. This applies everytime you can craft a higher level recipe.

At level 5 crafting, you'll want to either store, or throw away your 01 materials and get your 02 materials ready. Repeat the process but with the level 2 recipe this time until you reach 10 crafting.

(I would suggest dismantling every item you craft at this point, as they hold very little value. If you wish to try to sell them though, you might be able to net a little bit of Zeni on the Auction House for them.)

Starting To Make Money (Levels 10-20)
    This is where crafting starts to get good, and it really doesn't take long to get to this point either.

The level 30 gear acquired can sell for decent money, depending on what you obtain. These are my go to recipes if I'm in need of Zeni fast but most of what you make will be worthless. It's not difficult & doesn't take long to get a good item. Level 30 is the point when everybody becomes an adult and chooses their master class. Therefore people are generally more willing to spend Zeni on gear. The only item I would say that is guaranteed to sell are pieces of armor with Constitution, with 12 being the highest amount you can obtain. All items on the higher end of Constitution (I.E. 7+ Constitution) will sell; from a few hundred thousand Zeni, to Millions for individual pieces. Weapons also too can sell for decent money, but I find they're more difficult to get a good stat on them. My guess as to why would be that there are more junk stats you can receive.

If you are purchasing gear to dismantle, I suggest crafting at this spot in West City from now on:

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10157/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10158/

The Weapon Merchant here sells gear that can give either 03, 04 or 05 Materials.

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10159/

Continue crafting level 30 gear until you reach 15 crafting, then repeat the above process but with level 15 recipes (Level 40 Gear). Once you've then achieved 20 crafting (Level 50 Gear) we can move onto the next stage.

• Two Paths (Levels 25-30):

At this point, you can make a choice:

Craft Level 60 gear, and reach 30 crafting in a shorter space of time

or

Craft 65 gear to give yourself a decent amount of resources once you reach 30 crafting.

The reason being that when you dismantle the level 65 gear made from the recipes you bought in Porunga, you don't receive 06 materials back. You instead receive 07 materials, whereas the Level 60 gear crafted from the recipes purchased in Fearland give 06 materials back. This makes it harder to level in the long run, as you'll be having to farm far more gear to dismantle or purchase far more items to dismantle. This is a pain in the ass for the moment but you'll have stockpiled 07 materials for when you've reached 30 crafting.

This is also where I mentioned earlier that Fighters and Dendes will have a far, far easier time leveling crafting due to Instant Transmission being avaliable to them. When I was leveling crafting I never knew that the Fearland recipes existed, so I crafted level 65 gear until 30 crafting. It took me a while, but I'm not going to lie I made my first small fortune at this point. If you're purchasing materials from vendors, then the best place to my knowlede is here in Porunga:

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10160/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10161/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10162/

This can be very tedious as you'll be making far, far more trips back and forth than you'd like too. Fighter's/Dende's add random strangers to your friends list whilst crafting, or place an alternative account of your own in a spot so you can abuse Instant Transmission & teleport straight to a Upgrade Merchant to disassemble your gear. I suggest Kokkara again due to how close the teleporter is to everything else.

You will receive the same amount of experience for crafting either level 60 or 65 gear, so it doesn't matter too much which option you choose. Either way this is the longest part of crafting and can become costly but the reward is worth it. Continue crafting either until you reach 30 crafting, and try to have fun doing so.

Max Values On Crafted Items:
    forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10218/

EXPERIENCE TABLE:

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10219/

TIPS & TRICKS:

• Fighters or Dendes are the easiest to level crafting with due to Instant Transmission. At level 25 crafting you’ll have a far easier time than any other class, because once you’ve purchased gear to dismantle at Porunga you can Instant Transmission to somebody at the Upgrade Merchant, which saves TONS of time overall. (Will provide video footage)
    • Level 20 recipes and below you can craft as many items as you like until you run out of zeni, without the need to obtain more materials. You’ll receive as many materials as you used, or more than you used, when you dismantle the items you have crafted. You’ll need at least 3 stacks of blue materials and one stack of yellow to do so. (Will provide video footage)
    • When you throw away items (such as excess materials gained from dismantling items), you can drag and drop all the items you wish to throw away then spam click the “Ok/Cancel” window. This saves a lot of time, and a lot of clicks too. (Will provide video footage)

I would like to thank Nady93 for their original guide, as well as Sforza for translating & Raiden for posting the original guide. Thank you to the forum mods who were understanding when this was originally posted and not banning me.

Also thanks to the following for contributing towards this guide:
      Nady93, Raiden, SForza, Kuromi, Sheen, Blancarot, LHT, PicleRickk, DamienFury, Dargetta, Flume

I will be recording short video clips to demonstrate parts of this guide & finishing this tonight & over the course of tomorrow. I have to go for the time being but will continue work on this within the next couple of hours. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

If anybody has any further questions or queries, please don't hesitate to message me in-game or via the forums and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

• You should show where the lvl 5 and 10 Recipes for Namek and Majins are. Also you forgot lvl 55 Stuff. Max Stat for those are 21 and the craft master is located in Mushroom Rocks South, Newbridge Village. Craft lvl required is lvl 20. and they require 05 Materials.

Max Stats for 70 Craft items are 21% Movement Speed, 21% Atk Speed, 32% Anti Crit, and %LP and Stats are correct.

Good guide though, very helpful

• You should show where the lvl 5 and 10 Recipes for Namek and Majins are. Also you forgot lvl 55 Stuff. Max Stat for those are 21 and the craft master is located in Mushroom Rocks South, Newbridge Village. Craft lvl required is lvl 20. and they require 05 Materials.

Max Stats for 70 Craft items are 21% Movement Speed, 21% Atk Speed, 32% Anti Crit, and %LP and Stats are correct.

Good guide though, very helpful

I'll be honest I didn't realise there were recipes for 55 gear. I'll make adjustments to the text & screenshots tomorrow, always nice to learn something new.

Thanks for letting me know the right values for 70 gear. I didn't realise movement speed & attack speed shared the same value as LP%, and I wasn't certain if 32% was legendary or not. I've made amendments there & thanks again for contributing :)

• No lvl 30 de craft eu faço itens lvl 70, entao qual a vantagem do lvl 35 ?

Apologies, I don't speak Portuguese but I think Google Translate worked well for once. There is no advantage to level 35 crafting, level 30 crafting might aswell be the max level there's just an extra 5 levels. My guess would have been for plans in the original game to increase the level cap in the future.

Incase you don't speak English either here's my comment translated:
    Desculpas, não falo em português, mas acho que o Google Translate funcionou bem por uma vez. Não há vantagem para o nível 35 de crafting, o nível 30 de crafting também pode ser o nível máximo, há apenas 5 níveis extras. O meu palpite teria sido para planos no jogo original para aumentar o limite de nível no futuro.

• Hello, just wanted to tell that max attack speed for level 50 crafted items is 15%:

Untitled1.png

And level 70 rare lp%ep% ir 21% max.

Have added it to the table & will update once a few more values are added too :) Thanks

Also, I know 70 max LP% was 21% I have no idea why I've listed it all as 24%, will make amendments too.

• first i need to say really great post very usefull informations here :)

Hopefully with more crafters in-game we’ll have more reasonable prices in the Auction House too. Let’s get started.

Well sorry to be a bit negativ but i don't think this will happend even if we get 100 more craft ppl prices will be still op for bad gear ^^

the real reason why I post do you will also go on here an bring some information about the recipes you can buy whit the CC coins?

point is this i bought one from the maktplace to see how it is well short story i see some skills whch i will get (not random like normal craft gear?!?) and they are pretty bad in my opinion even for 60 earrings way to low and not worth to carft .... +14 energie attack and +7% honest attack thats it :|

so my question is now which CC recipes are usefull to buy or are they all like the recipe i bought?

• I think you're right, the economy won't change, not drastically anyway until the wipe haha. Apologies for the lack of CCBD recipe information, I personally haven't really done much CCBD at all, I'll be starting to attempt the dungeon soon though so I'll post what I find out as I find it out.

Like I mentioned in the guide if anybody has information they can share regarding CCBD recipes I'll gladly add it ASAP

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!