Lower Shadow Knight general damage output

• What do you guys think about this? Shadow Knight always dominated the game with a rotation of 4 moves that with a good gear killed anybody in PvP. But isn't it strange for a class that is supposed to TANK do that kind of damage? I mean, look at the Dark Warrior, he's the best definition of Tank: sturdy, not very high damage (although it is too low), tanky as fk. But what about the SK, why do he needs curse, bleed, anticrit, fear, stun, hell! He has it all, he seems like he was made to tank players and not mobs.

If SK get's less damage output on players, maybe we could see other types of combos or some other way to win a budokai, but with the way it is a full +15 SK will dominate the budokai everyday with no effort.

• I 2-0 3-0 any SK in budokai, even currently i 2-0 any SK without autopot/senzu (well not since this retarded crit update where even my 5k def isn't enough and i get one shot LUL, but if i were to autopot i'd win even in this dumb era, so ye)

So, nah, SK ain't gonna win budokai.

The problem only about this buff that generates aggro, DW should have it, not SKs.

If daneos switches this spell over to DW, they're the tanks, SK are the fighters.

• SK's kit is more meant to be PvP 1v1.

DW's kit is more meant to be for PvE tank.

The only big damage SK has is their bold strike; low cooldown, high energy% damage and a DoT (bleed) effect. Get antibleed and you basicly lower their damage by 30-50%. For their cc you just have to get either DEX (humans) or get your resistance rating up with your buffs (majin).

• sks dont hit that hard you just need proper gear.

many players in this game dont realize that you need to have multiple sets of armour inorder to do pvp.

sks are energy base damage

if you have energy defense gear and antibleed you should not have a problem with them. If you are using physical gear then well its going to seem like they have powerful damage

• That's what i always wanted. Simple thing DW for tank, SK for PvP.

• What about curse and life steal? What about the stun and the debuff that lowers your defense?

Bold strike is too op, you can win battles with it because it is spammable because the SK has a lot of everything.

What is the thing that SKs don't have that completely negates other kits? They have:
    A lot of CC (that doesn't put them into danger against a melee class)
    Tons of defense
    High damage and % bleeding (abismal damage)
    Tons of health
    Defense reduce because if they didn't hit hard enough with their defense reduction they will hit awfully high
    Anti-critical
    Anti-fear and anti-confusion, bruuuuhhhhhhh
    They can close the gap if you fail your combo with pulling you
    Ways of recover HP.

What they do not have?
    Dodge rate
    They should mind their focus when fighting against humans and majins
    They can miss.

• SK's still have lower damage than humans + their hit rate is very very low. meaning if you stack dex on humans or resist rate on majins the chance of you getting defeated by an SK is very slim. Every class has it's own specification and none are perfect in any way.

As stated before, SK is a PvP 1V1 build. With that you can expect to loose many matches if you are not prepared at all for this.

• It is really funny to see this...

Many of you don't get that SK is offense tanker that means more based to deal dmg than tank.

Still even tho I am not high upgraded and geared I still win in ranked cuz of people who thinks that stun and 2 critic attacks can beat me and if they fail to critic, they are mad...

SK is slow class, violent slice have cast time, easy to interupt, our 2 skills are paral based soo reduce paral set reduce it a lot.

Bold strike or fear ain't that hard anymore if you have reduce bleed and reduce fear..

One more, SK skills ain't working as they should.

Life steal and curse are physical based skills and lower your pdef, higher dmg plus that defense reduce debuff, it is mostly in play because of life steal and curse too boost their dmg.

Still you need to be aware that in DBO some classes are made to be specialy against some classes.

SK is made to be good vs critic classes cuz of anti critic, mostly for party PVP.

Because SK should stay alive long enough to revive fallen party members.

Still you can counter SK with almost everything, if you gear up and play and know your own class the best you can.

Like I said, SK is made to tank critic attacks, go and try critic SK and you will mostly fail, try any other tactic and you will win if you out smart player that use SK.

Cheers.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• that class need a re work.they outdps a swordman that should have best single target dps.i Think they should tank not do all' guide damage with bold strike.that skill is ok for a crane.other debuff are good tho,But they are supposed to be ki and melee hybrid,Now all' what they do is spam bold strike for win pvp

• If I'm reading all of this correctly SK is suppose to be the dps equivalent for namekian fighter no? then what exactly is the problem if they do damage and can beat SMs, isn't that what they are here to do? balance out the power chart and keep SMs in check?

• Two things:

1. Why revive this thread?

2. There's a Balance discussion thread.

generally threads get revived if a person wants to dive into certain details or are frusterated.

that class need a re work.they outdps a swordman that should have best single target dps.i Think they should tank not do all' guide damage with bold strike.that skill is ok for a crane.other debuff are good tho,But they are supposed to be ki and melee hybrid,Now all' what they do is spam bold strike for win pvp

sks although can provide a lot of damage they do have a lot major draw backs.

wearing recover lp% armour against an sk really nullifies there attacks (lp absorb and bold strike).

wearing anti bleed nerfs the heck out of there bold strike.

wearing high physical def armour weakens life absorb down to 330 lp per 2 seconds

most of sks stuns can be nuflied with accessories.

sks have low hit rate, low dodge, lowest success rate and lowest resistance rate in the game.

Swordsmen are a defensive dps class. they take a lot of skill to master. there scintillation blocks everything

they have an instant rp charge move so they can kd opponents faster than anyone else.

swordsmen stuns cant be reduced in anyway.

swordsmen have the highest hit rates (they wont miss a sk) in game. they have second highest dodge in game.

a smart swordsmen doesn't rush in blindly with quick attack like a fighter would, because they lack the overpowering damage to defeat an opponent.

with the right gear a swordsmen can be extremely deadly. Its just that they are harder to play compared to sks and fighters since those class are more newb friendly (require less skill)

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10909/

• why do people still argue about SK?

The reason an SK exists is to use him in single target combat as their kit provides one of the best CC and sustained defence as possible, the only reason an SK deals a lot of damage is because of his bleed, build antibleed armour with energy defence and you have outclassed him/her.

It's an easy concept that just needs some thinking, just like everything else.

• so basically is right to spend like 3 mils of accessoris for antibleed,give up 80 dextery,upgrade a ki armour unuseful in game just for have a chance against sk?this i Call it unbalanced since sk just need a normale gear for face all' other classes.and like i say before sk is supposed to be a tank not a dps.with actual Balance sk just need to do bleed and due to high defense nope in a crit.you can base the server on tw,even of tw wasnt balanced and Will be better base it on korean beta for have a Langer PvP and a better game that doesnt do PvP pray rng and require no skills at all.i still Think sk is unbalanced and bold strike need a re work,same as Fighter crit too high,swordman to low dmg on single target and some class do too low damage

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!