New CD reduction?

• I am still at work and have to wait until I return home, and I want to check if my understanding of the new CDR is correct.

You know that if you have 100% CDR on your gears, the real CDR in effect is 70% since it is capped at 70%. Then,

1. DW's punishment has 72 sec CD.

2. If you have 100% CDR on your gears, then the CDR without using an RP will be 50.4 sec (i.e. 72 sec x 0.7).

3. If you have 70% CDR on your gears, then the CDR without using an RP will be 35.28 sec (i.e. 72 sec x 0.7 x 0.7).

4. CDR of DW's punishment by using an RP was/is 36 sec.

5. In case of 3 above, if I use the punishment with an RP, then the reduced CDR by using RP will be 25.2 sec (i.e. 36 sec x 0.7)

6. Therefore, with 70% CDR on your gears, you will end up having CDR of 60.48 sec in total (i.e. 35.28 + 25.2 sec) and having to wait 11.52 sec to spam the punishment even with RPs. (c.f. Before the update, you were able to spam it with CDR of around 67% on your gear, using RPs.)

Is my understanding correct? (I am sorry I took the punishment as an example.)

I can see the purpose of this update. This update, if I understood correctly, makes sense to me although my DW will be much weaker than now.

I just want to know if my understanding is correct. Not complaining. Can't wait to test it tonight.

ADD: I've just tested the new CD formula. I misunderstood it, and the new formula has changed a lot of things. Just WOW. It doesn't affect RP skills only. Some classes will benefit from this change particularly.

ADD2: Daneos has changed the CD formula again. It is not as it was before today's update. I have no idea what's going on.

• It did say RP Cooldown Reduction. That means if you have a skill that has 6 Sec RP Cooldown Reduction. I think the 70% CDR that you have applies to that 6 Sec and reduce it. = less spam of a skill

• your calculations are wrong... becouse, if you have 70% CD reduction, the time of a skill will be reduced by 70%, in your calculations you are reducing the time only by 30%, the right formula are : if a skill have 72 sec CD and you have 70% CD reduction, (ex: 72 - 70% = 21,6 sec)

• i can't test atm. Maybe i understood this wrong, but if your char has 0 CD Reduce it means RP effect CD Reduce is useless now right?

It would reduce 0.0 seconds because your char has no reduce stuff..

• I was testing the new formula, with my Fighter there is no difference between using RP effect on Storm or not... Wait 8 seconds (RP or not=) for using this skill is a big problem, and a big bang build needs a lot of points for farming.

The problem is some classes or build now are limited by this. I have 2 cd10 earring and 2 8 cd rings + CD buff of fighter, seriously, is very annoying the new CD reduction.

• Only RP Cooldown is affected by this update.

Still not all skills should be affected with this, just pain in ass abuse skills.

Why does it need to be after every change new post how this sux?

Some skills that ain't that extreme abusable, will get back after testing is done.

Still I hope to see DOT's being based on skill attack mode.

That means, if skill that you use, is energy based, it will give energy DEBUFF based on energy def.

Lower the energy def, higher the dmg of dots.

PS: Since we going for true TW mode, bring back Life Steal dot to be based on pdef, as it was before.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I personally like the cooldown change because this forces players them to learn more than 1 combo to fight in pvp or make a build that's more adaptable.

this cd change prevents certain class from being 1 trick ponies.

for example fighter if you wan to go full dex that's fine but youll need more then just 1 needle combo to win try mix it up use thunder, or charge rp ball and kd with energy barrage.

Also the cd change affects everyone. karmas cant spam shout as easly! so cant sks 45m stun be as spammable, sometimes with full cd gear before this update sk could land 2 45m stuns. cranes will less likely be able to use there 1k slashes more than once a match (I have dones this in a few matches in the past pretty lame of me I'm glad this is gone it made cranes too op).

this change is cd doesn't ruin any class in particular. it just forces everyone to become innovative. dish out different combos and make pvp interesting and less predictable.

This update will separate the less experience players from the more experience ones.

the only ones who complain about this change are players who don't want to change their style of play or cant adapt.

In short Cooldown change made earlier today is way more beneficial, makes pvp more interesting and less boring. It forces players to learn the game more and be innovative :)

• Ok, nice. Youre still talking about pvp. And pve? My char is figther and now i cant farm easily. Btw, the change is not funny for all the ppl. I think, the update its not working as good.

• thats not true, i have a sk 70 , turtle 70 and dende 70: the last update make the dende and pokos very very op... not just the cd. If you combine that with the speed you have infinity stun with antena bean. 2 times to cast before end

• I agree the Cool down change was not needed just like the nerf for thousand slashes these changes are just making pre open beta progress slower than it needs to be.

like since dodge/hitrate and resistance are OKAY per say next priority for dbog should be adding the remaining content like dragonball scramble, budokai, Cellx, Kraken, CC150 etc

balance update should come ever

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!